this thread is not for the stay in the SLC with SHSU fans.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Future SBC member Georgia State got killed at home by a so-so South Carolina State team.  I read that the SLC's vast majority of FBS wins are against SBC teams.

Back to the MWC, looks like the Big East may try to get Navy for it's 14th football team which would leave the MWC untouched.  If Navy goes BE then does the MWC stay put for a while at 10 schools?  Maybe go to 12 with a combo of Texas State and New Mexico State and Lamar could take Texas State's spot in the Sun Belt.  Still many possibilities over the next few years.

[quote name="coachacola" post="1255849" timestamp="1346424854"]
Future SBC member Georgia State got killed at home by a so-so South Carolina State team.  I read that the SLC's vast majority of FBS wins are against SBC teams.

Back to the MWC, looks like the Big East may try to get Navy for it's 14th football team which would leave the MWC untouched.  If Navy goes BE then does the MWC stay put for a while at 10 schools?  Maybe go to 12 with a combo of Texas State and New Mexico State and Lamar could take Texas State's spot in the Sun Belt.  Still many possibilities over the next few years.
[/quote]Knock Knock Knock Cola, you mean BYU. LOL. Navy is already in the BE for 2015.

If the MWC goes untouched, it could still be Lamar and Texas st. NMSU is not close enough to travel partner with Texas st. MWC is still saying no to NMSU.MWC taking Texas st and Lamar would shut SBC out of Texas football. This would be the goal. Texas st is still an island in the SBC, keep that in mind.

[quote name="UNLV" post="1255973" timestamp="1346430945"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=101078.msg1255849#msg1255849 date=1346424854]

[/quote]Knock Knock Knock Cola, you mean BYU. LOL. Navy is already in the BE for 2015.

If the MWC goes untouched, it could still be Lamar and Texas st. NMSU is not close enough to travel partner with Texas st. MWC is still saying no to NMSU.MWC taking Texas st and Lamar would shut SBC out of Texas football. This would be the goal. Texas st is still an island in the SBC, keep that in mind.
[/quote]

Meant to say Army, but yes, BYU is probably their main target, but I don't think they grab a MWC team.  I also think it's a long shot that the MWC will go after Texas State and Lamar.

But your point about Texas State being on an island is valid.  If you read the Sun Belt board it seems the western football schools are little unhappy with the balance of power, they want another western football school.  I think if they go 14/12 Lamar will be one of those schools.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1256432" timestamp="1346454929"]
aside from UNLV...nobody in setexas gives a rats arse about football in utah,new mex, nevada, etc...........big whoop
[/quote]Small minds think small. Bigger whoop. MWC gives Lamar fbs and top 8 basketball on ESPN. SBC give Lamar UL-Monroe and Troy basketball. Nicholl st could be them.

[quote name="jdcurran235" post="1256514" timestamp="1346459038"]
I actually agree with UNLV.  I think the MWC with a TxSt or the SBC are a good fit.  I would rather play Utah St. Than MTSU.  ULL is the only team I really care about in the sunbelt.  I think there are more interesting match ups in the MWC actually.
[/quote]All day on the SBC forum fans were saying how SBC schools will stop playing schools like Mcneese and look to play SWAC schools. Talk about loser mentality. Play weaker teams to make your school look better.
Do you really want Lamar to get caught up with those losers.

Wyoming and my Running Rebels have big stadium plans.
"A proposed new 40,000-seat domed football stadium at UNLV would sit between the Thomas & Mack Center on campus and Paradise Road, said James Dean Leavitt, chairman of the higher education system's Board of Regents.

If it is ever built, the stadium complex would include a hotel, campus housing, restaurants and retail space, he said. A portion of Swenson Street would be removed under the proposal, he said.

"It will eventually develop into a town square concept," Leavitt said.
http://www.lvrj.com/news/unlv-stadium-site-revealed-114412009.html

Imaging grabbing one of those $120 Southwest specials for a Lamar vs UNLV games. I could show you all my old dorm.

[quote name="jdcurran235" post="1256970" timestamp="1346465631"]
Besides I see two things happening next year. We either go with TxSt to the MWC or we end up in the SBC as a TxSt replacement. Either scenario is better than being in the SLC.
[/quote]I doubt Texas st goes MWC without Lamar. Unless there is a surprise regional school. If not, Lamar will bridge Texas st to the SBC. None of those cheap-o's wants NMSU in the SBC.  No conference wants NMSU.
I wonder what they will do.

BTW, FAU beat Wagner 7-3. SBC sucks. Lamar could play in the SBC now.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1258138" timestamp="1346532009"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=101078.msg1256952#msg1256952 date=1346465417]
Oh wait, puddin tane would rather go to Monroe.
[/quote]

...last year you had us in the WAC.. ::) ::) ::)
[/quote]And it almost happened. Lamar has a better shot at the MWC than with the WAC last year. SBC is nervous so we could see a SBC invite once its clear Lamar can't make the FCS playoffs.

I would still like to see all TSUS schools in FBS conferences.  We need to become the 3rd main university system in the state and work our way towards competing with the likes of the Tamu and UT systems.  We have 50 years of catching up, but I see FBS as a necessary step for the three main TSUS schools.  All three schools need to become strong.  At some point if we can get the system strong enough we might be able to bring SFA into the fold.  If we can gain more political power we may be able to push the state to adjust the funding formula to be more fair. Right now the TSUS gets less funding per student than either Tamu or UT.

[quote name="UNLV" post="1258881" timestamp="1346603724"]
Forget SHSU. Have you been to katfan site. They should rename it we-are-obsessed-with-hating-on-Lamar.com.
90 percent of the non-SHSU post are hate Lamar post. Seriously, there are more post on Lamar there than on this site.
[/quote]

I understand what you are saying but I still say that what is good for TSUS is good for all TSUS schools.  The political power we can gain as a system the better.  I will root for all TSUS teams unless of course we are playing them. 

[quote name="UNLV" post="1258881" timestamp="1346603724"]
Forget SHSU. Have you been to katfan site. They should rename it we-are-obsessed-with-hating-on-Lamar.com.
90 percent of the non-SHSU post are hate Lamar post. Seriously, there are more post on Lamar there than on this site.
[/quote]

Kind of ironic, being that the only one ever discussing Katfans.com on this site is you

[quote name="SabineRavine" post="1259766" timestamp="1346712575"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=101078.msg1258881#msg1258881 date=1346603724]
[/quote]

Kind of ironic, being that the only one ever discussing Katfans.com on this site is you
[/quote]What is ironic about that?

[quote name="Wreckem2011" post="1260012" timestamp="1346730826"]
Lamar doesn't need to go anywhere until they are contention to win the Southland. I think UTEP makes a lot more sense to join the MWC than Lamar.
[/quote]For the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 time, schools don't choose conferences. If schools chose conferences, then I choose Lamar to join the SEC or BIG 12.

Conferences invites schools on their time table, not schools time table. And if the SBC or MWC invite Lamar, ready or NOT, Lamar needs to say yes. Or risk being stuck in the SLC FOREVER.

UTEP would need to pay 5 million exit fee to leave CUSA to play in a conference with no Texas schools:NO Houston, DFW, San Antonio, Tulsa, or New Orleans. So does it really make sense for UTEP to go MWC?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder