Sun Devils 8 (Tallahassee, FL) Next Level Baseball 4
July 17
Sun Devils 14 (FL) Sarasota Baseball 2
July 18
Sun Devils 3 (Marietta, GA) NBS 18's 3
July 19
Sun Devils vs (Bronx, NY) USC Knights

Guest UHCoog14
Hearing rumors that this will be the Sun Devils' final tournament.

Thanks to Mr. Chip Ferguson, The Ferguson Sports Foundation and the Sun Devil coaches for all they have done for so many local baseball players over the years.

Words can not express the gratitude for the opportunities this organization provided our son during his time as a Sun Devil.

Good luck and God bless,
Andy Jacobs

Rumors, rumors...

We had a good run in Florida, coming up short in quarterfinals.  Couldn't buy a hit...

Some locals with very good showings to wind up their summer:

Hayden Guidry (Bridge City 2013) -- of course, I got to watch him most of the spring but he has taken a big step forward this summer.  He was 'nails' for us, his velocity was up, and his breaking pitch improved tremendously.  He was 1 of our 'go to' guys.

Dane Steinhagen (Kelly 2012 - Howard JC) -- he may have been our MVP in Florida.  Dane had a ton of key hits and threw a complete game to win the pool for us on Thursday.  Gave up 1 run in  7 IP (and that in the 7th inning).

Matt Menard (Bridge City 2012 - Baylor) -- always a gamer.  Among other things, he hit a laser of a HR that was hit so hard you could barely see it.  He played hurt the last 1/2 of the tournament after he took a foul tip off the jaw.

and, of course,

Cameron Dishon (Bridge City 2012 - Ole Miss) - he played hurt, having hurt his hamstring bad enough that we had to sit him our last game.  He just couldn't go.  He made 1 of the best plays I have ever seen a CF outside of MLB make anywhere...in fact, I can only think of 1 better (that's a hint, by the way)...

Still, for a team that lost 3 #1 picks in the draft and 2 more that went in the 3rd round, a great effort.  A really, really good run.  More importantly, we took these kids and (between East Cobb and Ft. Myers) got an already-graduated kid a D-1 scholarship and a 2013 kid (with no offers before) has 2 D-1 visits scheduled (and I gotta believe more to come).  That's how we measure ourselves anyway - how many move on.   

Enjoyed every minute (although it sure didn't cool off -- we were in Atlanta when they had a record  high...for their entire existence:  108+).

And, by the way, we coulda used Price.  Plus, I miss having the kid around.  Great player, even better guy.  He oughta kill at UH this year.  Let him know we're always watching.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="MIF04" post="1238231" timestamp="1342832270"]
Rumors, rumors...

We had a good run in Florida, coming up short in quarterfinals.  Couldn't buy a hit...

Some locals with very good showings to wind up their summer:

Hayden Guidry (Bridge City 2013) -- of course, I got to watch him most of the spring but he has taken a big step forward this summer.  He was 'nails' for us, his velocity was up, and his breaking pitch improved tremendously.  He was 1 of our 'go to' guys.

Dane Steinhagen (Kelly 2012 - Howard JC) -- he may have been our MVP in Florida.  Dane had a ton of key hits and threw a complete game to win the pool for us on Thursday.  Gave up 1 run in  7 IP (and that in the 7th inning).

Matt Menard (Bridge City 2012 - Baylor) -- always a gamer.  Among other things, he hit a laser of a HR that was hit so hard you could barely see it.  He played hurt the last 1/2 of the tournament after he took a foul tip off the jaw.

and, of course,

Cameron Dishon (Bridge City 2012 - Ole Miss) - he played hurt, having hurt his hamstring bad enough that we had to sit him our last game.  He just couldn't go.  He made 1 of the best plays I have ever seen a CF outside of MLB make anywhere...in fact, I can only think of 1 better (that's a hint, by the way)...

Still, for a team that lost 3 #1 picks in the draft and 2 more that went in the 3rd round, a great effort.  A really, really good run.  More importantly, we took these kids and (between East Cobb and Ft. Myers) got an already-graduated kid a D-1 scholarship and a 2013 kid (with no offers before) has 2 D-1 visits scheduled (and I gotta believe more to come).  That's how we measure ourselves anyway - how many move on.   

Enjoyed every minute (although it sure didn't cool off -- we were in Atlanta when they had a record  high...for their entire existence:  108+).

And, by the way, we coulda used Price.  Plus, I miss having the kid around.  Great player, even better guy.  He oughta kill at UH this year.  Let him know we're always watching.
[/quote]

Keep on truckin' Chip.

Thanks for the kind words. I'll pass it along.

Enjoy what's left of your summer. Hotty toddy.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    telexa
    Newest Member
    telexa