I am a WELL member, we are fairly solid, but lately Jasper has had the stong hand. We have WELL Jr's playing in Jasper tonight for Championship (lost 1 to Jasper already)-----12 year olds lost to Jasper 3-2 last Saturday night (great game) may see them again tomorrow night if we beat Buna tonight (Buna 12's are solid also)---11 year olds were defeated by Jasper Tues night, and I think play them again tonight.

not sure on the 10yo level.

[quote name="MoFo" post="1233929" timestamp="1341498340"]
I am a WELL member, we are fairly solid, but lately Jasper has had the stong hand. We have WELL Jr's playing in Jasper tonight for Championship (lost 1 to Jasper already)-----12 year olds lost to Jasper 3-2 last Saturday night (great game) may see them again tomorrow night if we beat Buna tonight (Buna 12's are solid also)---11 year olds were defeated by Jasper Tues night, and I think play them again tonight.

not sure on the 10yo level.
[/quote]

I agree......Jasper has a SOLID program!!

GREAT GAMES LAST NIGHT!  3 DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIPS FOR JASPER!

Jasper Juniors roll over WELL invoking Run-Rule in 5 innings.

Both 10U and 11U Jasper teams come back in final innings to win. 

10U team comes back for a late inning 11 - 9 victory.

11U team scores 5 runs in bottom of 6th to prevail 6-5.

Jasper 12's go for the clean sweep tonight at 7:30 in Jasper....

BRIGHT FUTURE FOR JASPER BULLDOG BASEBALL!!!

Is having "select" players on your All Star team bad?  EVERY good All Star team is full of "select" players.  You have to play a lot of baseball to be competitive at a high level. The difference is, In Jasper, our "select" players play TOGETHER for years.  We form teams made up of almost exclusively Jasper kids at the age of 7 or 8 and those kids play together for years.  In other leagues (like WELL) these select players play on different teams with different kids almost every year.  Playing together year round makes a HUGE difference.  Also, for the most part, our select kids stay in league ball, mainly for the oportunity to represent their hometown in All Stars.  Our kids all play baseball together and dedicate themselves with the dream of being a JASPER BULLDOG someday and that is why our baseball program has been so solid for the past several years....because it is a [u][b]Program[/b][/u].  Our kids,coaches, and parents see the big picture and stay together to groom players for the future of Jasper Baseball.

[quote name="OldBallCoach" post="1234734" timestamp="1341863350"]
Is having "select" players on your All Star team bad?  EVERY good All Star team is full of "select" players.  You have to play a lot of baseball to be competitive at a high level. The difference is, In Jasper, our "select" players play TOGETHER for years.  We form teams made up of almost exclusively Jasper kids at the age of 7 or 8 and those kids play together for years.  In other leagues (like WELL) these select players play on different teams with different kids almost every year.  Playing together year round makes a HUGE difference.  Also, for the most part, our select kids stay in league ball, mainly for the oportunity to represent their hometown in All Stars.  Our kids all play baseball together and dedicate themselves with the dream of being a JASPER BULLDOG someday and that is why our baseball program has been so solid for the past several years....because it is a [u][b]Program[/b][/u].  Our kids,coaches, and parents see the big picture and stay together to groom players for the future of Jasper Baseball.
[/quote]

I watched the 11 YO game in Jasper versus Lumberton....The names in the field happened to be the same names as the 10 YO all starts on the banner from last year.......they have a good program.

[quote name="westend1" post="1234757" timestamp="1341869588"]
Jasper has done a better job keeping all their kids playing than WELL recently.  So has BC.  It's hard to keep them all playing with the lure of Ford Park just down the road.
[/quote]

Jasper is  A LONG roadtrip to Ford park.....lol I think that keeps them at home as well

[quote name="westend1" post="1234757" timestamp="1341869588"]
Jasper has done a better job keeping all their kids playing than WELL recently.  So has BC.  It's hard to keep them all playing with the lure of Ford Park just down the road.
[/quote]

I agree that the smaller towns have a better chance of keeping a "core" group of kids together, but I'm sure as with other leagues, it's not just the "lure of Ford Park" that keeps them home!

Jasper/WELL was a GREAT series. The kids on both sides played their hearts out. The umpire crew was an All Star cast of their own and did an excellent job. Fun to watch two competetive teams battle, but at the same time show respect for each other.
I may be a little biased but the 3 run go ahead homer from WELL # 2 in my opinion was the high point.. :) ;) :) ;)

Low point had to be Jasper pitcher getting hit in chest. I take it he is doing fine, I got a laugh or 2 out of him when we where checking on him so I take it he is going strong. I hate seeing a kid get hit in the chest

[quote name="OldBallCoach" post="1234734" timestamp="1341863350"]
[/quote]I have to agree with you OldBallCoach, you guys do see the big picture, that is why you have a successful program in Jasper! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86