21-3A -Fight for 2nd place Spot- Running From Yates!!!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, unlike suburban schools who don't cater to the lower socio-eco students, principals who have no choice but to take in troublesome students (somebody has to teach them) and mix them in with students who want to learn, I think should get principal of the year. More challenging. See, a low performing school does not mean students are not learning, it means those schools deal with issues suburban schools don't have to deal with. Kids at Yates are learning but the negative news outweighs the good.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1229525" timestamp="1339247425"]
Ah, unlike suburban schools who don't cater to the lower socio-eco students, principals who have no choice but to take in troublesome students (somebody has to teach them) and mix them in with students who want to learn, I think should get principal of the year. More challenging. See, a low performing school does not mean students are not learning, it means those schools deal with issues suburban schools don't have to deal with. Kids at Yates are learning but the negative news outweighs the good.
[/quote]

2011 TEA Yates Rating: Unacceptable

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1229532" timestamp="1339252329"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=100336.msg1229525#msg1229525 date=1339247425]
[/quote]

[/quote]
What is West Orange Starks rating? ::) ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229536" timestamp="1339254715"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=100336.msg1229532#msg1229532 date=1339252329]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=100336.msg1229525#msg1229525 date=1339247425]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

The same. As is Houston Wheatley.

And I can assure you, as Nash can probably verify, that Cornel Thompson has not submitted 41 PAPF forms for the 21-3A DEC to consider.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1229539" timestamp="1339256486"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100336.msg1229536#msg1229536 date=1339254715]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=100336.msg1229532#msg1229532 date=1339252329]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

The same. As is Houston Wheatley.

And I can assure you, as Nash can probably verify, that Cornel Thompson has not submitted 41 PAPF forms for the 21-3A DEC to consider.
[/quote]

Nope- West Orange football is truly West Orange football and Dicky cant alter that fact either.

[/quote]

Dove, based upon that VERY CRITERIA, then the Bridge City Basketball Coach should get more recognition than Mr. Wise, right?

[/quote]

Dove- Permit me to also suggest to you that the HJ school district has a percentage of students on the free lunch program that would rival the percentage at PA Memorial.

[/quote]

First, lower socio-eco students are not strictly the province of urban school districts.  Second, unlike is apparently the case in HISD where attendance zones for districts mean squat, the rural districts are under more constraints as they must cater to all who are in their attendance zone.  If such rigid constraints were in place for HISD, we'd be a lot less likely to be having this discussion.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1229565" timestamp="1339269694"]
[/quote]

First, lower socio-eco students are not strictly the province of urban school districts.  Second, unlike is apparently the case in HISD where attendance zones for districts mean squat, the rural districts are under more constraints as they must cater to all who are in their attendance zone.  If such rigid constraints were in place for HISD, we'd be a lot less likely to be having this discussion.
[/quote]
I call BS on that statement, WOSgrad!! You think there are any low socio-economic kids at Kingwood High? What about Cinco Ranch? Heck no! Urban schools deal with MANY more issues than you realize...MANY MORE...Come on, man, you know better than that.. :o

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229566" timestamp="1339270458"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=100336.msg1229565#msg1229565 date=1339269694]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I call BS on that statement, WOSgrad!! You think there are any low socio-economic kids at Kingwood High? What about Cinco Ranch? Heck no! Urban schools deal with MANY more issues than you realize...MANY MORE...Come on, man, you know better than that.. :o
[/quote]

They are public schools which means they have kids in their zones, regardless of issue.  I know that BOTH schools that you mentioned that have low socio economic kids.....they just don't complain about them.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1229576" timestamp="1339274712"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100336.msg1229566#msg1229566 date=1339270458]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

They are public schools which means they have kids in their zones, regardless of issue.  I know that BOTH schools that you mentioned that have low socio economic kids.....they just don't complain about them.
[/quote]
Come on man, there are NO project kids in EITHER school that I just named! NOT ONE! Try that on a guy thats not FROM Houston..PLEASE! ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229579" timestamp="1339275736"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=100336.msg1229576#msg1229576 date=1339274712]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100336.msg1229566#msg1229566 date=1339270458]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Come on man, there are NO project kids in EITHER school that I just named! NOT ONE! Try that on a guy thats not FROM Houston..PLEASE! ::)
[/quote]

First, 1 of every 10 kids that attends Cinco Ranch High is classified as economically disadvantaged.  At Kingwood, it is a little lower, about one in about every 17.

Second, how is it that that a lower socio-economic student can't be taught to pass a basic skills test?  That sounds incredibly stereotypical....some might say......naahhhhhh, you wouldn't play that card, ever, would you?

For someone FROM Houston, you haven't the clue of what is going on in the area.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1229582" timestamp="1339276158"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100336.msg1229579#msg1229579 date=1339275736]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

First, 1 of every 10 kids that attends Cinco Ranch High is classified as economically disadvantaged.  At Kingwood, it is a little lower, about one in about every 17.

Second, how is it that that a lower socio-economic student can't be taught to pass a basic skills test?  That sounds incredibly stereotypical....some might say......naahhhhhh, you wouldn't play that card, ever, would you?

[/quote]
Once again..BS!! You gonna say that as if I am supposed to believe those fake stats, when I KNOW BETTER? Get outta here, man... ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229586" timestamp="1339277133"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=100336.msg1229582#msg1229582 date=1339276158]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100336.msg1229579#msg1229579 date=1339275736]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Once again..BS!! You gonna say that as if I am supposed to believe those fake stats, when I KNOW BETTER? Get outta here, man... ::)
[/quote]

What do HISD schools Austin, Davis, Furr, Lee, Madison, Milby, Reagan, Sterling. Scarborough and Chavez have in common.

Well, 2 things.  First, All of these high schools were rated academically acceptable by the TEA.

Second, Austin (95%), Davis (94%), Furr (92%), Lee (88%), Madison (77%), Milby (82%), Reagan (79%), Sterling (78%), Scarborough (77%) and Chavez (87%) all have a high percentage of financially disadvantaged students than Yates (69%).

Source:http://www.har.com/school/dispCampusDetail.cfm?id=101912027

If my stats are "fake," where are yours?  Just like any other thread you post in, all rhetoric, no basis.

APPARENTLY, YOU DON'T KNOW BETTER.

You got another quarter, you can insert and play again!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1229591" timestamp="1339278039"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100336.msg1229586#msg1229586 date=1339277133]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

What do HISD schools Austin, Davis, Furr, Lee, Madison, Milby, Reagan, Sterling. Scarborough and Chavez have in common.

Well, 2 things.  First, All of these high schools were rated academically acceptable by the TEA.

Second, Austin (95%), Davis (94%), Furr (92%), Lee (88%), Madison (77%), Milby (82%), Reagan (79%), Sterling (78%), Scarborough (77%) and Chavez (87%) all have a high percentage of financially disadvantaged students than Yates (69%).

If my stats are "fake," where are yours?  Just like any other thread you post in, all rhetoric, no basis.

[/quote]
OK..whatever..my "rhetoric" is based off of the fact that I KNOW better than some guy from Orange who has too much time on his hands pulling up inaccurate stats...You can have this one on SETX sports...I know the deal...Good game...*DONE w/discussion*

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229594" timestamp="1339279125"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=100336.msg1229591#msg1229591 date=1339278039]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100336.msg1229586#msg1229586 date=1339277133]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
OK..whatever..my "rhetoric" is based off of the fact that I KNOW better than some guy from Orange who has too much time on his hands pulling up inaccurate stats...You can have this one on SETX sports...I know the deal...Good game...*DONE w/discussion*
[/quote]

If they are so inaccurate (BTW, these are numbers released by the respective school districts), where are yours.

I guess he didn't have another quarter.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476