Nederland little league

Yep sorry sportfan you booted that one. FYI if the district president reads and approves your waiver, then it is good all the way to williamsport. I won't even get into grandfather rule with a league. I also agree with pudding, I would like to see stricter rules on kids playing inside their leagues boundaries. Would not hurt my feelings to see fines to leagues in violation, or fines to parents if determined they got in a league by deceit of documents

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Place for both select and league play. Anytime a kid is on the field is a plus.

Where did all these kids play that went on to play a level higher than high school prior to select ? I've been through Little League, Select Ball, ie. little Babe Ruth and Sr. Babe Ruth. Everyone of these organizations have more pluses than minuses.

I tend to drift to my favorite, Sr. Babe Ruth league play. I'll let a player tell you why, because they tell us every day and it might surprise you. 

Np president, District Administrator or board or any other Little League official has the right or power to give a waiver to any child to cross boundaries. This request must be approved by the District Administrator who sends to the state director who then sends it to the rules committee in Williamsport for approval.
If any league official tells you he can get you a waiver, better beware. It's not true. They can initiate the procedure but cannot grant a waiver locally.
There are waivers that will let a child stay in his original league if his family moves, but it must be well documented and the paperwork must still be filed in Waco for approval.

After giving the allstar selection process more thought and concideration  I came to the conclusion that there is nothing wrong with the allstar coach bringing a custom list to the draft and completely throwing out the other league coaches selections and ignoring the player's season stats. After all..he is spending the time and effort coaching this team so by god he should get to choose who he wants on the team regardless.

There are several methods of choosing a championship team..1) let the team coaches vote for players on other teams, not his, 2) choose the kids with batting averages over .400, high RBIs, > # of home runs and who can play multiple positions (can pitch) well or 3) let the coach pick his team.

I am just curious..which method do you think is the best? I vote for #2

[quote name="MoFo" post="1231222" timestamp="1340039709"]
LOL I have been to many All Star meetings and I have come to this conclusion every kid in little league hits over .600.......LOL sorry but had to be said....
[/quote]
LOL..I agree, batting avg can be very misleading. However RBI's, HRs and playing multiple fielding positions is not.

[quote name="pngpurple4ever" post="1231225" timestamp="1340039859"]
[quote author=MoFo link=topic=100290.msg1231222#msg1231222 date=1340039709]
LOL I have been to many All Star meetings and I have come to this conclusion every kid in little league hits over .600.......LOL sorry but had to be said....
[/quote]
LOL..I agree, batting avg can be very misleading. However RBI's, HRs and playing multiple fielding positions is not.
[/quote]
My point is if you are going to field 12 kids on a team and expect to go very far, then you should pick the strongest 12 kids from the league..period.

on a serious note yes I think is should be best kids but to give the coach a little lead way. I think pitching and catching exp is a plus, and you also have to have some kids that know what they are doing in the outfield, most All Stars are comprised of solid infielders.

[quote name="pngpurple4ever" post="1231213" timestamp="1340038877"]
After giving the allstar selection process more thought and concideration  I came to the conclusion that there is nothing wrong with the allstar coach bringing a custom list to the draft and completely throwing out the other league coaches selections and ignoring the player's season stats. After all..he is spending the time and effort coaching this team so by god he should get to choose who he wants on the team regardless.

There are several methods of choosing a championship team..1) let the team coaches vote for players on other teams, not his, 2) choose the kids with batting averages over .400, high RBIs, > # of home runs and who can play multiple positions (can pitch) well or 3) let the coach pick his team.

I am just curious..which method do you think is the best? I vote for #2
[/quote]
I say if you really want to go far use selection method #1 or #2 or a combination of both.

[quote name="Ned4Eva" post="1231917" timestamp="1340281634"]
I can't wait until some of these kids who were the "recipient" of daddy-ball in LL get up to the high school level and can't figure out why on earth they're sitting the bench since they started their whole lives.
[/quote]

I think it will be more of the Parents in wonder why my baby isn't starting. "My son has a life time batting Average of 600" LOL  ..... Then I can see it now.....  Special Meeting with the school board cause the Coach is playin politics or whatever that YouTube video said.

;D

[quote name="Bobcat101" post="1231938" timestamp="1340289216"]
[quote author=Ned4Eva link=topic=100290.msg1231917#msg1231917 date=1340281634]
I can't wait until some of these kids who were the "recipient" of daddy-ball in LL get up to the high school level and can't figure out why on earth they're sitting the bench since they started their whole lives.
[/quote]

I think it will be more of the Parents in wonder why my baby isn't starting. "My son has a life time batting Average of 600" LOL  ..... Then I can see it now.....  Special Meeting with the school board cause the Coach is playin politics or whatever that YouTube video said.

;D
[/quote]
My son does have a lifetime batting avg. of 600 and he struck your kid out 3 times in one game this season...ROTFLMAO!!  ;D

[quote name="Ned4Eva" post="1231917" timestamp="1340281634"]
[/quote]  Attention all Liitle leaguers.  You will never be good enough to play high school ball.  If you have ever played for a little league all-star team, you are automatically disqualified to start for any high school.  And I don't want to hear any anecdotal evidence about some little league star who starts for some high school or played in college.  it is all lies.  That is all.        8)

[quote name="pngpurple4ever" post="1231970" timestamp="1340295922"]
[quote author=Bobcat101 link=topic=100290.msg1231938#msg1231938 date=1340289216]
[quote author=Ned4Eva link=topic=100290.msg1231917#msg1231917 date=1340281634]
[/quote]

;D
[/quote]
My son does have a lifetime batting avg. of 600 and he struck your kid out 3 times in one game this season...ROTFLMAO!!  ;D
[/quote]
My son beat up your son for breaking in the sno-cone line. He had it coming to him.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ssiaa
    Newest Member
    ssiaa