Barbers Hill vs. Brenham Predictions

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brenham has always been a team that everyone has looked up to as a  get it done team due to the coaching experience and a very well put together athletic program that includes enough coaches to have almost one for each position. This I'm guessing is made available through backing from their community, one that supports all sports and welcomes many visitors to their area.  Bringing enough players to fill more than one bus is an awesome luxury that many schools cannot pull off but I'm sure would if they could, it sure makes a neutral site seem like playing at their own. Hope their players know how fortunate they are to have the bar set so high and all the people that help make it happen.  Good luck to both teams!!! and the Class of 2012!

[quote name="mythreesons" post="1222157" timestamp="1337019429"]
Brenham has always been a team that everyone has looked up to as a  get it done team due to the coaching experience and a very well put together athletic program that includes enough coaches to have almost one for each position. This I'm guessing is made available through backing from their community, one that supports all sports and welcomes many visitors to their area.  Bringing enough players to fill more than one bus is an awesome luxury that many schools cannot pull off but I'm sure would if they could, it sure makes a neutral site seem like playing at their own. Hope their players know how fortunate they are to have the bar set so high and all the people that help make it happen.  Good luck to both teams!!! and the Class of 2012!
[/quote]

Well said.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1222140" timestamp="1337017988"]
Is Brenham home in the first game?
[/quote]

Not sure.
I will see you in Katy on Thursday.
Will have to miss Friday and Saturday.
My senior is playing his last collegiate series in Lafayette this weekend.
It's already starting to hit me.. :( :( :(
I think you know who I'm pulling for : Go Barbers Hill Eagles and ULM Warhawks !
Should be a great series.

[quote name="mythreesons" post="1222157" timestamp="1337019429"]
[/quote]

Great post, and it's very true.  I'm sure the players know, because coach Long reminds them every chance he gets that they play for the state's most storied program.  He makes sure they know that putting on the Brenham jersey means they're not just playing for theirselves, but for their teammates & their town.  They are privileged to play for Brenham, but that privilege comes with an awful lot of pressure as well.  They are under a microscope and they get every teams best shot.  Due to the past success of the program, seasons are considered a failure if we don't atleast play in the regional final.  It has it's advantages and disadvantages, but it's always a fun ride!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1222180" timestamp="1337022206"]
[quote author=mythreesons link=topic=99950.msg1222157#msg1222157 date=1337019429]
[/quote]

Great post, and it's very true.  I'm sure the players know, because coach Long reminds them every chance he gets that [i][b]they play for the state's most storied program[/b][/i].  He makes sure they know that putting on the Brenham jersey means they're not just playing for theirselves, but for their teammates & their town.  They are privileged to play for Brenham, but that privilege comes with an awful lot of pressure as well.  They are under a microscope and they get every teams best shot.  Due to the past success of the program, seasons are considered a failure if we don't atleast play in the regional final.  It has it's advantages and disadvantages, but it's always a fun ride!
[/quote]
I do not follow Brenham and I am relatively new to 4A but isn't that statement cutting Bellaire short? I am just asking because I know Bellaires baseball history and have never really heard much about Brenham.

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1222183" timestamp="1337022792"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=99950.msg1222180#msg1222180 date=1337022206]
[quote author=mythreesons link=topic=99950.msg1222157#msg1222157 date=1337019429]
[/quote]

Great post, and it's very true.  I'm sure the players know, because coach Long reminds them every chance he gets that [i][b]they play for the state's most storied program[/b][/i].  He makes sure they know that putting on the Brenham jersey means they're not just playing for theirselves, but for their teammates & their town.  They are privileged to play for Brenham, but that privilege comes with an awful lot of pressure as well.  They are under a microscope and they get every teams best shot.  Due to the past success of the program, seasons are considered a failure if we don't atleast play in the regional final.  It has it's advantages and disadvantages, but it's always a fun ride!
[/quote]
I do not follow Brenham and I am relatively new to 4A but isn't that statement cutting Bellaire short? I am just asking because I know Bellaires baseball history and have never really heard much about Brenham.
[/quote]

Eagle11....if you ain't heard about Brenham baseball...you gonna have to get out more.  ;)

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1222183" timestamp="1337022792"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=99950.msg1222180#msg1222180 date=1337022206]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Bellaire is def one of the states top programs, and have been for a long time.  I have lots of respect for them, but if you look at the accomplishments of both, I'd give the edge to Brenham.

[b]Comparison[/b]
                                Brenham  Bellaire
State Titles                    7              7
Tourney Appearances    16            11

IMO, Barbers Hill has the edge in this series.  We are stacked with pitching and hitting.  The bats were pretty silent in the second game against Magnolia and our pitching with some pretty amazing defense in the outfield, kept us in it as long as it took to get the winning run across the plate in the 12th inning.  Blake Bonnin pitched for what I am pretty sure was his first time on the mound this season and went five innings for us.

Good luck to the boys in blue!

[quote name="Hail_Mary" post="1222202" timestamp="1337024968"]
IMO, Barbers Hill has the edge in this series.  We are stacked with pitching and hitting.  The bats were pretty silent in the second game against Magnolia and our pitching with some pretty amazing defense in the outfield, kept us in it as long as it took to get the winning run across the plate in the 12th inning.  Blake Bonnin pitched for what I am pretty sure was his first time on the mound this season and went five innings for us.

Good luck to the boys in blue!
[/quote]

Blake was outstanding.
Very impressive performance.

I'll take the Ice Cream boys in three and a 17-4A rematch to win region 3. Go Cubs and lets make this happen!!!
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/courier/sports/baseball-district---a-keeps-rolling-in-playoffs/article_c5c556d6-e374-587f-99cf-6d5d8da22134.html

Guest KHS 89
[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1222196" timestamp="1337024279"]
[quote author=Eagle11 link=topic=99950.msg1222183#msg1222183 date=1337022792]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Bellaire is def one of the states top programs, and have been for a long time.  I have lots of respect for them, but if you look at the accomplishments of both, I'd give the edge to Brenham.

[b]Comparison[/b]
                                Brenham  Bellaire
[/quote]

Facts don't lie!    8)

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="KHS 89" post="1222313" timestamp="1337055079"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=99950.msg1222196#msg1222196 date=1337024279]
[quote author=Eagle11 link=topic=99950.msg1222183#msg1222183 date=1337022792]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[b]Comparison[/b]
                                Brenham  Bellaire
[/quote]

Facts don't lie!    8)
[/quote]

Two pretty darn good programs in my opinion.  Why is there an argument. ???

Who is Brenham anyway?  Arn't they a suburb of Kingwood park?  ;) ;)

Going to be a GREAT match-Up.  Going to have to get updates from Justin and Eagle07 (that way I get both sides.... ;D).  I have fish on by brain and stink-bait on my fingers this time of year.  ;D ;D

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1222330" timestamp="1337085510"]
No argument Tiger, I was asking. I saw a statement and knew of Bellaires success. I had not really heard much about Brenham.
[/quote]

Yes, I agree. Never an argument.
I made  a jab in jest at Eagle11.
Two very storied programs.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="EAGLE07" post="1222360" timestamp="1337091325"]
[quote author=Eagle11 link=topic=99950.msg1222330#msg1222330 date=1337085510]
No argument Tiger, I was asking. I saw a statement and knew of Bellaires success. I had not really heard much about Brenham.
[/quote]

Yes, I agree. Never an argument.
I made  a jab in jest at Eagle11.
Two very storied programs.
[/quote]

8) 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder