SETX Top Ten

Bon_Mot

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense at all! That's what makes message boards fun. Debatable topics with mature conversation.

I struggled with that pick. And I knew the score from the club game. But club games and games representing your high school don't always end up the same. :?:

Now what about the rest of your picks? You can't just pick mine apart without showing your hand. :lol:

no offense to bon but kelly is better WB is good' date=' but kelly beat Alliance which is WB's club team with some ALumni, they should have no proble when they play the real WB[/quote']

Actually.... I dont think Kelly as a team is much better than WB... I have had the oppertunity to watch a few Kelly games recently... Kelly does not play a whole game as a team... I think their individual talent is much better all around than Brook...BUT... with most of WB's players playing togethor during club season..... it will help out alot during High School...

One more thing though.... WB and Kelly might not play this year... so this debate could get interesting.............................................

• 1 month later...

Well as i have watched both teams play this year, I can cast my opinion. WB is not as good a team as Kelly. Kelly has loads of talent this year , as does WB but IMO they are a lillte less powered than Kelly. Lumberton has played both of them and lost to Kelly 4-1 while they beat WB 2-1. Kelly is deserving of the top ranking in my opinion but i would put WB somewhere in the top 5 with (in no order) Kelly-Lumberton-PNG-Central and WB . To round out the final 5 places would be (in no order) LCM-Nederland-Vidor-Silsbee and Ozen

ok ok lets be real jsmitty i love you and you know your game . . . But you only got to see like two games . . . kelly has a whole new team and attitude - The coach brought back his death camp and the team has started becoming A team after the holidays . . . We both know WB is not what the use to be . . . They dont have the heart nor the love for the GAME like the players in the past. . . WB always had talent, but Don gave some passion cause we had an idiot of coach before that. But the players lost that DRIVE and without it they will never be what they use too. Hands Down Kelly has a whole lot more heart than there long time rivals hands down and the talent is far more great due to that fact. They have that desire to work hard and win.

1.  KELLY

2.  LUMBERTON

3.  WESTBROOK

4.  PNG

5.  NEDERLAND

6.  CENTRAL

7.  VIDOR

8.  LCM

9.  Silsbee

10.  HJ

seriously you guys are good and we wish the best for you, but Kelly is not WAY BETTER Than sevral teams in this area. They may be the best team, dont misunderstand what im saying, but i would not say they are WAY BETTER than some of the other local teams. They only scored 3-0 vs a young Nederland team, they beat Lumberton in a SCRIMMAGE, where Lumberton moved people around still trying to put people in the right place, didnt have all of their players,and dont forget Kelly has been playing longer than any other golden triangle team. Lets just be fair and say Kelly is the #1 team in the area and leave it at that. As i stated earlier I would love to see Kelly and a few other teams play each other when each team is clicking together.

Just curious though Bon Mot, how do u still place WB above or tied with Lumberton when lumberton has laready beat them ????????

I would have to agree with Alumni^^ Kelly is the Best team, but they dont completely dominate Every single team they play, so to put them

w

a

y

a

b

o

v

e

every other team in setx would be a bit dramatic ;). for my top ten though i think i would go;

1.  KELLY

2.  LUMBERTON

3.  WESTBROOK

4.  PNG

5.  VIDOR

6.  NEDERLAND

7.  LCM

8.  CENTRAL

9.  Silsbee

10.  HJ

Sad thing is i am West Brook Alumni and i think Lumberton is cold . . . They have some young smart talent . . . I Dont think it would be a very easy game if they got another shot at the Dawgs . . . They have an awesome new coach and great players they got my Props . . . WB could be very good if they WOULD COME TOGETHER BUT WEST BROOK WINES AND FIGHTS AND PARTY'S WAY TO MUCH . . . I am not saying Kelly is in a league of there own ethier . . . If they were they would have every High School thats worth something wanting to play them. . . Every good coach wants to play the best teams  so they know were their teams stand. . . why do you think Kelly's Coach likes to play lumberton, Nederland, Png and west brook. . . Because they all have very respectfull programs and coaches

Sad thing is i am West Brook Alumni and i think Lumberton is cold . . . They have some young smart talent . . . I Dont think it would be a very easy game if they got another shot at the Dawgs . . . They have an awesome new coach and great players they got my Props . . . WB could be very good if they WOULD COME TOGETHER BUT WEST BROOK WINES AND FIGHTS AND PARTY'S WAY TO MUCH

I totally agree with WB.  they could be so much better with some coaching too.  And to any lumberton ppl.  You didnt have the right players, it was a scrimmage, you were early in the season.  I will give you all that, but you are acting like we were at our peak when we played you and stayed that way. I acknowledge that you have gotten better, but we have too.  A rematch would be good

Coaching isn't as much of a problem at WB than the fact that the WB players are immature and have no heart... I know all those guys and the coach better than anyone else on this board... WB could be a so much better team than what they are if the ATTITUDES would change... To be a winning team... you have to have a winning.. not whinning attitude... The coaching is definately not the problem... One other thing that is going to hurt WB in the future too is that alot of the elite players in BMT are going to want to go to Kelly now b/c they know that Kelly is a great and elite team in the state now.. and WB..well... isnt quite the power house it used to be....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder