Tell it ALL !!! Facts,.....Sometimes the truth hurts !!!!

Rounder 17, I thought you said in one of your earlier post that you know it all. You know whatever there is to know about what is going on between USSSA and Nations. Apparently you don't. Why don't you try asking your Nations director. The one that offers team discounts to teams if they don't play in (local) USSSA events, and the first time that they do they lose the discount. Also the one that told (local) umpires that if they umpire U-trip events they would not be allowed to umpire any (local) Nations events. Also the one that told a man that cleans up the fields after the games that if he cleaned up for any of the U-trip events, he would not be able to clean up and get paid at his Nations events. He made a mistake by calling a USSSA Houston tournament event that had teams registered for a tournament and asking them to drop out and come play in his Nations tournaments in Beaumont for free. Now you ask why all of the Gladiator teams have been suspended from U-Trip, well now you have your answer. Next time before you go running your mouth you might want to know the facts, not what you want to believe or what someone tells you. These are the facts. Now lets play ball!!!

[quote name="One4All" post="1203538" timestamp="1333032782"]
Rounder 17, I thought you said in one of your earlier post that you know it all. You know whatever there is to know about what is going on between USSSA and Nations. Apparently you don't. Why don't you try asking your Nations director. The one that offers team discounts to teams if they don't play in (local) USSSA events, and the first time that they do they lose the discount. Also the one that told (local) umpires that if they umpire U-trip events they would not be allowed to umpire any (local) Nations events. Also the one that told a man that cleans up the fields after the games that if he cleaned up for any of the U-trip events, he would not be able to clean up and get paid at his Nations events. He made a mistake by calling a USSSA Houston tournament event that had teams registered for a tournament and asking them to drop out and come play in his Nations tournaments in Beaumont for free. Now you ask why all of the Gladiator teams have been suspended from U-Trip, well now you have your answer. Next time before you go running your mouth you might want to know the facts, not what you want to believe or what someone tells you. These are the facts. Now lets play ball!!!
[/quote]
Man you guys have me saying all kinds of things that i dind't say. I believe what I said in an earlier post was, I know a lot more than you think I know. Never did I say I know it all. That makes 5 things that some of you people are trying to call me out on, and all 5 times you guys are wrong.  Don't get on here trying to call me out or things I haven't said. By the way, you can't come up with your own post, you have to copy someone elses post in another thread and start a new thread with it? Or is that your other new screen name?

[b]Here is some information on both directors for all to who keep bickering. Both directors are successful and talented business men and both love kids! Both have the right to make money, offer discounts, whatever it takes to fill thier tournaments. You as men, need to keep your comments to yourselves, and focus on the future of your ball players. Bottom line is, all each of you have to do is make a decision on which director that you would like to play under. In a perfect world, these two would come together and make it work to benefit the youth of S.E. Texas. You never know, it may happen on day.[/b]

[color=maroon][b]USSSA Director--Brian Tillery 
Baseball history:
Manager of Gladiators 7-U 2010-2011
GT Vipers 8-U 2011-2012
Work: Chief Financial Officer @ Daylight Motors
Daylight Motors has been serving Southeast Texas since 1980.the company is a successful family owned business that has been selling and financing vehicles for over 30 years. [/b][/color]

[color=blue][b]Nations Director--Morgan Walker
Baseball History:
4-year starter at Lamar University (1993-1996)
Drafted by Pittsburg Pirates 1996
Minor Teams Played For
Year Age Tm Lg Lev Aff   
1996 21 Augusta Greenjackets South Atlantic League A PIT   
1997 22 Lynchburg Hillcats Carolina League A+ PIT   
1997 22 Augusta Greenjackets South Atlantic League A PIT   
1998 23 Lynchburg Hillcats Carolina League A+ PIT   
1999 24 Albany-Colonie Diamond Dogs Northern League East Ind   
2000 25 St. Paul Saints Northern League Central Ind 
Work:
President of Tyner/Walker Enterprises Inc.
The company is categorized under the Recreational and Vacation Camps (except Campgrounds) industry. This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in operating recreational camps, such as children's camps, such as Baseball Camps.  [/b] [/color]

Ridiculous post.  Do you think that playing baseball makes you a good tournament director?  I get that you are trying to sound neutral, but it is very transparent.  The fact is Morgan has done a poor job in the past.  In the years that I coached, I cannot even remember him being at the tournaments (nor was anyone accessible).  Combine the Nations oversight with lack of Jeff. Cty workers, and tournaments in BMT were a major step down from ones in Louisiana.  It sounds like the USSSA group here has at least got Nations improving their local product, so that is good.  That is what we call competition. 

BTW, i don't have a care what league my Tournament Director played for - be it little league or major.  I just want someone to do a good job, pay attention, and serve the customers.  If anything, Brian's experience with customer service is a stronger qualification for running a tournament than playing baseball. 

No mention of who is the better Director.

Again: [color=blue]Bottom line is, all each of you have to do is make a decision on which director that you would like to play under.[/color] [u][color=red]In a perfect world, these two would come together and make it work to benefit the youth of S.E. Texas. You never know, it may happen on day.[/color][/u]

Rather than make personal accusations on two men and their businesses, can't this thread be used as offering constructive criticism as to how things can improve?  By the way, I believe Roaddogs post was objective.  Could it not be implied that Mr. Tillery as a CFO with a long-term family business would be more experienced at running a business of hosting tournaments?  Nobody made an inference to Morgan's baseball experience making him more qualified to run a business.  Its all in the spin you put on it. Both men are very qualified to run their respective businesses.

Maybe someone could contact these people directly and offer ideas on how to improve the tournament experience for all, as opposed to dragging Nations and USSSA and their local representatives through the mud on a public web site.  As I said before, select is a business for many people.  As is the case with any business, if you don't like the product, don't use it!  It is up to the tournament manager to adapt and make changes or go broke.

By the way, if you think this is bad, wait until you go to high school age tournaments.  You will find tournaments that bill themselves at being held at a certain college.  Then once you get the schedule on Wednesday before the tournament begins, you have one game at the college field and the other 3 are 30-40 miles away, at a high school.  Remember, you are the customer and where you spend your dollar will get the attention of the people you are detesting on this web site.  This thread is way overdue for locking, moderator.

You guys are ridiculous! Who gives a **** who is a "better" Director, who puts on a "better" Tournament, these are things that are simply other individuals opinions, not "facts". Tournaments have an incredible amount of variables that go into weather it's a "good tournament" or not. All I know is that I have 2 boys that play in different age groups and both for the Gladiators, and due to a "pissing contest" (IMO) neither will be allowed to play in several tournaments their coaches had scheduled, nor be able to play at some great ballparks. I do plan on calling the USSSA Director, and maybe he can explain to my Kids, or the roughly 80 others that are now in the same boat. It's really pathetic and so are these posts, can't you guys find something productive to discuss.

[quote name="Fan1603" post="1204203" timestamp="1333137516"]
You guys are ridiculous! Who gives a **** who is a "better" Director, who puts on a "better" Tournament, these are things that are simply other individuals opinions, not "facts". Tournaments have an incredible amount of variables that go into weather it's a "good tournament" or not. All I know is that I have 2 boys that play in different age groups and both for the Gladiators, and due to a "pissing contest" (IMO) neither will be allowed to play in several tournaments their coaches had scheduled, nor be able to play at some great ballparks. I do plan on calling the USSSA Director, and maybe he can explain to my Kids, or the roughly 80 others that are now in the same boat. It's really pathetic and so are these posts, can't you guys find something productive to discuss.
[/quote]

Agreed.  These posts are ridiculous.  Hopefully yours puts a stop to this insanity.

[quote name="bmtball" post="1204238" timestamp="1333138770"]
[quote author=Fan1603 link=topic=98235.msg1204203#msg1204203 date=1333137516]
[/quote]

Agreed.  These posts are ridiculous.  Hopefully yours puts a stop to this insanity.
[/quote]

Thats funny......... 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder