Former Nederland standout pitcher Duplant now at Vidor

What Exactly Does putting this kids name in the papers, and other forms of media have to do with the Baseball Season this Year? My thoughts ONLY ... Most of the people that have been commenting on this kid are RELIEVED for 1 reason or another he's not Pitching. 

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="astrofan" post="1201025" timestamp="1332512573"]
What Exactly Does putting this kids name in the papers, and other forms of media have to do with the Baseball Season this Year? My thoughts ONLY ... Most of the people that have been commenting on this kid are RELIEVED for 1 reason or another he's not Pitching.
[/quote]

Sure, that's it.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Critter" post="1201061" timestamp="1332515555"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=97939.msg1201051#msg1201051 date=1332514991]
Let the kid play!
[/quote]

I agree...Let him play.  I don't really think he moved from Nederland to Vidor for baseball reasons... IMO
[/quote]

Ya think? 

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1201063" timestamp="1332515706"]
[quote author=Critter link=topic=97939.msg1201061#msg1201061 date=1332515555]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=97939.msg1201051#msg1201051 date=1332514991]
Let the kid play!
[/quote]

I agree...Let him play.  I don't really think he moved from Nederland to Vidor for baseball reasons... IMO
[/quote]

Ya think?
[/quote]

IMO... Nederland is a better baseball school.  If he did move there to play baseball then good luck to him.

He moved for baseball because there was no chance he would be able to play for Nederland this year due to his own actions.

Trouble at HJ and move; trouble at Nederland and move; now to Vidor, where will he go next year?  Do we see a pattern here? First time might be bad judgement but second means lessons were not learned from the first move.  At some point you have to acknowledge there are similar re-occurring issues and address them!  Currently he has learned to run from all accountability.  It's a shame because he is a talented player with alot of future potential but not if he doesn't correct the behaviors that have caused him to change schools.  There are life lessons that need to be learned outside of baseball.  My parents would have told me to live with the consequences of my actions....not moved so I could play sports.  Will be disappointed in Kyle if he lets him play this year knowing the kids history.  He could teach a lesson and have him play next year. 

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="1201093" timestamp="1332519762"]
He moved for baseball because there was no chance he would be able to play for Nederland this year due to his own actions.

Trouble at HJ and move; trouble at Nederland and move; now to Vidor, where will he go next year?  Do we see a pattern here? First time might be bad judgement but second means lessons were not learned from the first move.  At some point you have to acknowledge there are similar re-occurring issues and address them!  Currently he has learned to run from all accountability.  It's a shame because he is a talented player with alot of future potential but not if he doesn't correct the behaviors that have caused him to change schools.  There are life lessons that need to be learned outside of baseball.  My parents would have told me to live with the consequences of my actions....not moved so I could play sports.  Will be disappointed in Kyle if he lets him play this year knowing the kids history.  He could teach a lesson and have him play next year.
[/quote]As in most cases, I'm sure there are two sides to this story  ;)

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1201105" timestamp="1332521362"]
[quote author=NHS83LU87 link=topic=97939.msg1201093#msg1201093 date=1332519762]

[/quote]As in most cases, I'm sure there are two sides to this story  ;)
[/quote]

In this case, there would be six.

unfortunately this is how society is these days, no one accepts responsibility. I dont know this kid or the situation but many times here lately it seems the parent takes the kids side no matter what. I worry about this generation and often wonder if the parents will be making phone calls to their kids bosses when they dont get a raise or get fired. Bizarre to me.

No need to keep him from playing in Vidor. 

Let the kid play.  I know there are "problems" but maybe baseball maybe only outlet for kid.  So many people would rather focus on negatives, that's easy to do in anything.

We ALL can think of someone we know &how they got another chance, and FINALLY made the best of it.  Sometimes it takes the right boot going in the right place to make a difference from the right person.

That's what I hope for this kid.  Talented, he needs to be on a baseball field, even if it's against us.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1201287" timestamp="1332542462"]
No need to keep him from playing in Vidor. 

Let the kid play.  I know there are "problems" but maybe baseball maybe only outlet for kid.  So many people would rather focus on negatives, that's easy to do in anything.

We ALL can think of someone we know &how they got another chance, and FINALLY made the best of it.  Sometimes it takes the right boot going in the right place to make a difference from the right person.

That's what I hope for this kid.  Talented, he needs to be on a baseball field, even if it's against us.
[/quote]

Well said. Not sure why this is even a discussion on this forum or why the Enterprise even wrote this story. Something about grown adults posting a story about a troubled kid many do not even know just does not seem right. It is a good thing no one followed me around and made it public knowledge when I made a mistake (or even several mistakes) or decided to make a change because I thought another location or avenue gave me another chance.

No question this kid has things going on that need to be resolved. And no doubt that those things are more important than a "game". People are right to mention how society has changed how issues are addressed by parents and administration and how kids react to mistakes. However, it doesn't seem appropriate to channel that all completely to this situation and determine how this kid's situation should be resolved. We all react differently to given situations and will have to take responsibility some day (some sooner than others).

Guess its crazy to think that maybe this was just in the cards for this kid to end up where he is now, and that he may just respond differently to a new head coach, new AD, new friends/teammates/influences, and a new environment and turn his life around... Na, thats a crazy story and could never happen. Right?

To me personally UIL is a joke. i have seen all these kids move for baseball and seen teams build super teams. If your not going to let them all play it seems a little suspicous that some schools have all the luck when it comes to UIL rules.

Oh and this is coming from Senior who had three years of sub varsity moved his senior year. Got denied to play at WO-S and ya we sure were building a super team with a 3 year sub varsity player. So maybe i have a jaded opinion, but that doesn't change the fact UIL is a joke. i mean i see Varsity starters swap as they please and even then so if a freshmen sees he won't play his senior year they move then sit out that year and play as a three year starter. The system is a joke it is just who you know.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder