KW Park Vs. Yates

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dominating , overwhelmingly superior teams that r invincible are that way because they don't have bad games against supposedly very inferior teams. If they are what you have implied, they would have won by 25 in a bad game.  I saw them play Wheatley and they are human-  I know  I know.  The excuse for that one was missing personnel and now we have the bad game excuse-pretty convenient

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1191251" timestamp="1330755347"]
Listen, THIS was their shot at an upset, and they lost by 7 and never led...
[/quote]. They aren't (according to you) supposed to ever get close, let alone lead-u aren't getting away with this one.  Every word and thought STill does NOT alter the result

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1191256" timestamp="1330755556"]
Yates was never in trouble in this game as bad as they played.
[/quote]. Never said they were in trouble and both of u still unwilling to give the opposition credit- sorry but the superhuman label does not apply

[quote name="stevenash" post="1191257" timestamp="1330755592"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=97046.msg1191251#msg1191251 date=1330755347]
[/quote]. They aren't (according to you) supposed to ever get close, let alone lead-u aren't getting away with this one.  Every word and thought STill does NOT alter the result
[/quote]Hmmm, don't they require lights out by now where you are? ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1191260" timestamp="1330755757"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=97046.msg1191257#msg1191257 date=1330755592]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=97046.msg1191251#msg1191251 date=1330755347]
[/quote]Hmmm, don't they require lights out by now where you are? ;D
[/quote].  Lights are out but you and dv have me motivated

Yes, they obviously did and they deserve credit for that.  For a few, they believe that things should always be a certain way such as the Yankees r the only baseball team that is eternally great, only ozen can win district basketball etc etc etc. Big world out there and nobody is the exclusive owner of anything

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1191245" timestamp="1330755008"]
Yates played about as bad as a team could play but WAS NEVER down in the game....They will represent region 3 in 4A in Austin next week....They will blow Jones out tomorrow...KP fought hard, no question, but they could play Yates 10 times and lose all 10.
[/quote]
C'mon, Dickie.  You sound like so many other whiners on this board when full expectations are not met.  Yates doesn't have bad games . . . you know that.  It's not allowed in their charter.  So, according to you, they played as badly as they ever have in the history of Yates  - but, they were [u]never behind[/u].  Here's a new deminsion that has never been been a contention of your before.  But now, after a team throttles the great Yates and manages to hold them to a 7 point winning margin, all you can muster is Yates had a horrible game and they were never behind.  That's really not very sportsman like.  At some point you really need to recognize the outstanding effort of your opponent.  I bet that your Dad never had a problem recognizing good play by an opponent. :( :(

Actually my dad SAID this would happen! He HATES the way Yates plays! They play at ONE speed, no matter what, and he said it will bite them in the butt whenever a team could break their press and dictate the tempo...and I AGREE...However, it wasn't the KP DEFENSE that did anything, it was their SCHEME...They sat in a sagging soft man, in which they were willing to give up the three ball, but make penetration tough...USUALLY Yates shoots a better percentage from three because of the pace....KP did an excellent job of defending the paint and keeping Yates out of rhythm. Offensively. they were able to use the entire floor which made it difficult for them to be trapped....very smart move, because it gave them TONS of open looks, because Yates kept doing what they do, and KP shot a good percentage from three...Excellent effort by KP...Once again they just didn't have the bodies to finish the job. The old man (my dad) called it.... 8)

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1191316" timestamp="1330782236"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=97046.msg1191245#msg1191245 date=1330755008]
Yates played about as bad as a team could play but WAS NEVER down in the game....They will represent region 3 in 4A in Austin next week....They will blow Jones out tomorrow...KP fought hard, no question, but they could play Yates 10 times and lose all 10.
[/quote]
C'mon, Dickie.  You sound like so many other whiners on this board when full expectations are not met.  Yates doesn't have bad games . . . you know that.  It's not allowed in their charter.  So, according to you, they played as badly as they ever have in the history of Yates  - but, they were [u]never behind[/u].  Here's a new deminsion that has never been been a contention of your before.  But now, after a team throttles the great Yates and manages to hold them to a 7 point winning margin, all you can muster is Yates had a horrible game and they were never behind.  That's really not very sportsman like.  At some point you really need to recognize the outstanding effort of your opponent.  I bet that your Dad never had a problem recognizing good play by an opponent. :( :(
[/quote]

Tigersvoicer= UDAMAN

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1191360" timestamp="1330786854"]
Sounds to me like KP had a good game plan. Yates played poorly because of this....NO couldn't be...Yates just played horribly  ::)  :'( :'(  Give me a break
[/quote]
I think that some of you just like to argue.. ::)...I SAID KP HAD A GREAT GAMEPLAN...I give them credit, but its still a loss...Some if you act like they actually BEAT Yates! Sorry, but moral victories do not allow your team to advance in the playoffs....  8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1191327" timestamp="1330783772"]
[b]Actually my dad SAID this would happen! He HATES the way Yates plays! They play at ONE speed, no matter what, and he said it will bite them in the butt whenever a team could break their press and dictate the tempo...and I AGREE...[/b]However, it wasn't the KP DEFENSE that did anything, it was their SCHEME...They sat in a sagging soft man, in which they were willing to give up the three ball, but make penetration tough...USUALLY Yates shoots a better percentage from three because of the pace....KP did an excellent job of defending the paint and keeping Yates out of rhythm. Offensively. they were able to use the entire floor which made it difficult for them to be trapped....very smart move, because it gave them TONS of open looks, because Yates kept doing what they do, and KP shot a good percentage from three...Excellent effort by KP...Once again they just didn't have the bodies to finish the job. The old man (my dad) called it.... 8)
[/quote]

when a great coach criticizes the scheme of a team that you also says has a great coach, and that scheme almost causes them to lose to a much inferior team, does that mean that the second coach who doesn't know any other schemes might not be so great?

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1191363" timestamp="1330787105"]
[quote author=5 on 5 link=topic=97046.msg1191360#msg1191360 date=1330786854]
Sounds to me like KP had a good game plan. Yates played poorly because of this....NO couldn't be...Yates just played horribly  ::)  :'( :'(  Give me a break
[/quote]
I think that some of you just like to argue.. ::)...I SAID KP HAD A GREAT GAMEPLAN...I give them credit, but its still a loss...Some if you act like they actually BEAT Yates! Sorry, but moral victories do not allow your team to advance in the playoffs....  8)
[/quote]

Which reinforces the thought that Yates is not the invincible machine you painted them to be.

[quote name="bullets13" post="1191364" timestamp="1330787132"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=97046.msg1191327#msg1191327 date=1330783772]
[b]Actually my dad SAID this would happen! He HATES the way Yates plays! They play at ONE speed, no matter what, and he said it will bite them in the butt whenever a team could break their press and dictate the tempo...and I AGREE...[/b]However, it wasn't the KP DEFENSE that did anything, it was their SCHEME...They sat in a sagging soft man, in which they were willing to give up the three ball, but make penetration tough...USUALLY Yates shoots a better percentage from three because of the pace....KP did an excellent job of defending the paint and keeping Yates out of rhythm. Offensively. they were able to use the entire floor which made it difficult for them to be trapped....very smart move, because it gave them TONS of open looks, because Yates kept doing what they do, and KP shot a good percentage from three...Excellent effort by KP...Once again they just didn't have the bodies to finish the job. The old man (my dad) called it.... 8)
[/quote]

when a great coach criticizes the scheme of a team that you also says has a great coach, and that scheme almost causes them to lose to a much inferior team, does that mean that the second coach who doesn't know any other schemes might not be so great?
[/quote]
That's what my father was saying....He KNOWS that Wise knows better, but has no idea why he is taking this stance with these Yates teams...He says its as if he thinks it makes it more simple to teach, if they just teach ONE WAY...I have never asked him why, perhaps I will when I see him in Austin...Maybe he thinks, if it ain't broke.... 8)...

i know that yates has lost some games in the past few years because of this "if it ain't broke" attitude.  seems to me that a "great coach" that "knows better" isn't willing to change, maybe he doesn't really know better.  he kinda reminds me of Calipari at Kentucky.  Great recruiter, but maybe not the best coach... ;)

having watched both games last night, LaVega is a slightly better version of Athens.  Quick, athletic, a little bigger.  If Silsbee plays like they did most of the game last night, i think they're going home, as they should've lost to Athens.  But if the Silsbee team that showed up in that second OT shows up, they've got the ability to kill La Vega with that press and win this one.  HJ and Silsbee have shown they're pretty equal this year, and[b] HJ played one of their worst games of the season (i'll give WLV a little credit for that, but not a lot)[/b], and still should've won.  Silsbee can certainly beat them.  I'll be rooting for Silsbee to represent us in state.  QUOTED FROM BULLETS13

Really, Bullets? So let me get this right.... HJ has a bad game, and you give Waco LaVega a "little" cred, but Yates has a bad game and it was all Kingwood Park? Interesting..... 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami