Sub Varsity Results ---- Post them here

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about HJ.

Nederland has only sophomores, JV, V teams.

Most of sophomore team is freshman, however.  Most of our teams in our district are the same.

However, when we play BC, we might face Varsity players pitching to our freshman.  Still scratching my head on those games.  Don't mind our little guys seeing the heat early in their hs career.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1192249" timestamp="1330914099"]
I don't know about HJ.

Most of sophomore team is freshman, however.  Most of our teams in our district are the same.

[color=orange][b]However, when we play BC, we might face Varsity players pitching to our freshman.  Still scratching my head on those games. [/b] [/color]  Don't mind our little guys seeing the heat early in their hs career.
[/quote]

Please elaborate on this if possible??? At this time of the year it's very common for players to travel from Varsity to JV during tournaments, but not from Varsity to Freshmen. Sounds like someone got some bad information.

Rake1

[quote name="Rake1" post="1192264" timestamp="1330916329"]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=96947.msg1192249#msg1192249 date=1330914099]
I don't know about HJ.

[color=orange][b]However, when we play BC, we might face Varsity players pitching to our freshman.  Still scratching my head on those games. [/b] [/color]  Don't mind our little guys seeing the heat early in their hs career.
[/quote]

Please elaborate on this if possible??? At this time of the year it's very common for players to travel from Varsity to JV during tournaments, but not from Varsity to Freshmen. Sounds like someone got some bad information.

Rake1
[/quote]

technically BC does not have a soph team. They do have two JV teams. It gets confusing because some players are playing on all their teams including varsity.

[quote name="bulldogbacker" post="1192329" timestamp="1330951210"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=96947.msg1192264#msg1192264 date=1330916329]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=96947.msg1192249#msg1192249 date=1330914099]
I don't know about HJ.

[/quote]

Rake1
[/quote]

technically BC does not have a soph team. They do have two JV teams. [color=red]It gets confusing because some players are playing on all their teams including varsity.[/color]
[/quote]

The above statement that is high lighted is not correct. BC has 5 or 6 guys that have gone between JV and Varsity to get time on the mound, not anything new right here and certainly not a call for the "conspiracy theorists" to unite. Nearly every team in the area has practiced this for quite some time due to the fact that there are simply not enough innings to get everyone the much needed early season work that all pitchers should get. This area is blessed with some exceptional young arms and not all of them can throw at the Varsity level all the time so in order to get work in they often go between teams, especially during the tournament season.  I have seen this practice quite a bit this year from more teams than just BC. No BC pitcher who has thrown in a Varsity game has pitched at a lower level than JV.
The young pitching at BC is so good it just seems like they have. 8) 8)

Rake1

[quote name="GrayDog" post="1192565" timestamp="1330975122"]
I know the BC team we played this Friday was not the same team we played in Nederland a couple weeks ago.  Maybe we were playing your JV?
[/quote]

Let me clarify that I am referring to the Nederland Soph team...

Which Nederland team played BC friday morning at BC and lost 6-0? Soph or JV? It was reported here, and confirmed by "Bulldogbacker", that it was a game between both BC JV and Ned JV. Just by looking at the players from both squads I would have to guess that's correct. I know guys from both teams and I would have to believe that was a JV game. A far as the other game between BC and Ned, the soph teams, I can't speak to that one because I was not there.

Rake1

[quote name="Kenny Powers" post="1192162" timestamp="1330896237"]
[quote author=CGull8 link=topic=96947.msg1191660#msg1191660 date=1330815892]
HAWKS JV go 4-0 at WestBrook tourney.  8)
[/quote]

You guys know you were playing the freshman teams from the other schools right? Does HJ not have a freshman team?
[/quote]

HJ  only has JV and Varsity.  The JV is mostly freshman with maybe 4 or 5 of the 15 players being sophomores.

[quote name="Rake1" post="1192573" timestamp="1330976399"]
Which Nederland team played BC friday morning at BC and lost 6-0? Soph or JV? It was reported here, and confirmed by "Bulldogbacker", that it was a game between both BC JV and Ned JV. Just by looking at the players from both squads I would have to guess that's correct. I know guys from both teams and I would have to believe that was a JV game. A far as the other game between BC and Ned, the soph teams, I can't speak to that one because I was not there.

Rake1
[/quote]

Ned Soph played BC on Thurs at 4pm not Friday, and lost like 7-1...  then they played LCM Friday night at 730...  that must have been Ned JV that played BC Friday morning...

[quote name="Chasmack" post="1192585" timestamp="1330978145"]
[quote author=Kenny Powers link=topic=96947.msg1192162#msg1192162 date=1330896237]
[/quote]

You guys know you were playing the freshman teams from the other schools right? Does HJ not have a freshman team?
[/quote]

HJ  only has JV and Varsity.  The JV is mostly freshman with maybe 4 or 5 of the 15 players being sophomores.
[/quote]ok...i for one know that this statement is not true...i know for a fact there are more older kids on the team than that...i'll leave it at that...it's ok buddy.

[quote name="Rake1" post="1192440" timestamp="1330964917"]
[quote author=bulldogbacker link=topic=96947.msg1192329#msg1192329 date=1330951210]
I don't know about HJ.

[/quote]

Rake1
[/quote]

technically BC does not have a soph team. They do have two JV teams. [color=red]It gets confusing because some players are playing on all their teams including varsity.[/color]
[/quote]

The above statement that is high lighted is not correct. BC has 5 or 6 guys that have gone between JV and Varsity to get time on the mound, not anything new right here and certainly not a call for the "conspiracy theorists" to unite. Nearly every team in the area has practiced this for quite some time due to the fact that there are simply not enough innings to get everyone the much needed early season work that all pitchers should get. This area is blessed with some exceptional young arms and not all of them can throw at the Varsity level all the time so in order to get work in they often go between teams, especially during the tournament season.  I have seen this practice quite a bit this year from more teams than just BC. No BC pitcher who has thrown in a Varsity game has pitched at a lower level than JV.

Rake1
[/quote] Ooooooo
Stating that no BC pitcher has pitched lower than JV is INCORRECT!!! They have pitched against Nederlands sophomore/freshman team.  The date was February 7th. FACT!!!! They were missing the night their V played Nederlands V so they used them against the freshman team!

[quote name="ilovebaseball" post="1193307" timestamp="1331061453"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=96947.msg1192440#msg1192440 date=1330964917]
[quote author=bulldogbacker link=topic=96947.msg1192329#msg1192329 date=1330951210]
I don't know about HJ.

[/quote]

Rake1
[/quote]

[/quote]

Rake1
[/quote] Ooooooo
Stating that no BC pitcher has pitched lower than JV is INCORRECT!!! They have pitched against Nederlands sophomore/freshman team.  The date was February 7th. FACT!!!! They were missing the night their V played Nederlands V so they used them against the freshman team!
[/quote]

I guess my question would be since it was the first "game" (actually scrimmage) how would one know who was on what team when the coaches don't even know at that time? Maybe you got a text from Nostradamus and knew before the rest of us!! If that's the case can you please get the lottery numbers from him for me when you talk to him again. The reason those guys weren't there was because of a basketball game. Both BC underclassmen teams were combined for that SCRIMMAGE WHICH WAS A MONTH AGO! I somehow doubt a SCRIMMAGE had anything to do with Nederland coming to BC last week and getting beat and no hit. Again I believe my previous statement is indeed correct. Your statements would lead one to believe that BC has one group of pitchers who throw every game from freshman thru varsity which is obviously very laughable. You have tried to take one VERY SKETCHY example and pass it off as common practice. Not even close!!!

Rake1

[quote name="bulldogbacker" post="1193347" timestamp="1331065682"]
the players that i noticed weren't pitching :)

Not making excuses BC beat Nederland in both games.

Lets all move on 8)
[/quote]
The tournament games??? The JV(white) hasn't had anyone play with them  that's even suited up for Varsity. The JV(red) that friday against Nederland JV only had one player thats seen time on Varsity.

[quote name="Rake1" post="1193342" timestamp="1331065362"]
[quote author=ilovebaseball link=topic=96947.msg1193307#msg1193307 date=1331061453]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=96947.msg1192440#msg1192440 date=1330964917]
I don't know about HJ.

[/quote]

Rake1
[/quote]

[/quote]

Rake1
[/quote] Ooooooo
[/quote]

I guess my question would be since it was the first "game" (actually scrimmage) how would one know who was on what team when the coaches don't even know at that time? Maybe you got a text from Nostradamus and knew before the rest of us!! If that's the case can you please get the lottery numbers from him for me when you talk to him again. The reason those guys weren't there was because of a basketball game. Both BC underclassmen teams were combined for that SCRIMMAGE WHICH WAS A MONTH AGO! I somehow doubt a SCRIMMAGE had anything to do with Nederland coming to BC last week and getting beat and no hit. Again I believe my previous statement is indeed correct. Your statements would lead one to believe that BC has one group of pitchers who throw every game from freshman thru varsity which is obviously very laughable. You have tried to take one VERY SKETCHY example and pass it off as common practice. Not even close!!!

Rake1
[/quote]
Not that it's worth arguing with YOU over...but the first scrimmage/game whatever you want to call it between BC and the Nederland sophomore team...BC happened to use some V & JV pitchers that couldn't make it to their V or JV scrimmages earlier against Nederland. Not a big deal but it's what happened. This came from not only the Bridge City parents (of some of those players) that were sitting right next to us but also from one of the actual players themselves who is friends with our family. Those players didn't play the whole game but just the first couple of innings.  I never claimed or even came close to saying they were ON the team but just noticed that YOU had incorrectly stated that no one from their V had pitched at a lower level than JV and that simply wasn't correct. No where did I indicate that BC uses the same pitchers...you came up with that all on your own! I just needed to correct you when you were wrong! That's all! No biggie!!!

Well then it looks like we agree to disagree. No way of knowing at that time a month ago who was on what team, rosters were not even close to being filled. The "assumption" that certain players were on certain teams is something that cannot be controlled. Always remember what happens when a person "assumes".

Good luck on a successful season, see ya down the road.

Rake1

In Beaumont

Nederland JV defeated Kelly JV 9-1

pitching for Nederland Clark (3), Hernandez (3) and Smith (1)  Kelly on had a couple of scattered hit.

Home Run - NHS Stewart

N    0  2  2  1  3  0  1      9
  K    0  1  0  0  0  0  0      1

[quote name="spoonbill" post="1192655" timestamp="1330982581"]
[quote author=Chasmack link=topic=96947.msg1192585#msg1192585 date=1330978145]
[quote author=Kenny Powers link=topic=96947.msg1192162#msg1192162 date=1330896237]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]ok...i for one know that this statement is not true...i know for a fact there are more older kids on the team than that...i'll leave it at that...it's ok buddy.
[/quote]

Spoonbill, leave it like you want to, but you are definately wrong.  When you are involved day to day with these boys, the you will be able to lend your "expert" advice on the HJ JV team.  At any time there are no more then 2-3 upperclassmen on the field with the rest being true freshmen.  But if it makes you feel better to think otherwise, then be my guest to do so if it helps. :o

[quote name="Chasmack" post="1194099" timestamp="1331216344"]
[quote author=spoonbill link=topic=96947.msg1192655#msg1192655 date=1330982581]
[quote author=Chasmack link=topic=96947.msg1192585#msg1192585 date=1330978145]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spoonbill, leave it like you want to, but you are definately wrong.  When you are involved day to day with these boys, the you will be able to lend your "expert" advice on the HJ JV team.  At any time there are no more then 2-3 upperclassmen on the field with the rest being true freshmen.  But if it makes you feel better to think otherwise, then be my guest to do so if it helps. :o
[/quote]so now it's 2 or 3 upperclassmen....dang...a few days ago it was 4 or 5...pretty soon they'll all be freshman...lol...thanks for making my point bud.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298