Ozen vs Nederland playoff game

stevenash

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1186829" timestamp="1330370344"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=96704.msg1186823#msg1186823 date=1330370202]
no, you also implied that Nederland fans were either ignorant or just plain stupid for wondering why they weren't favorites.
[/quote]
Did I say it? or did you make the assumption as to what I was thinking? There is a BIG difference there...
[/quote]
He DID say implied.  ;)

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1186834" timestamp="1330370795"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96704.msg1186829#msg1186829 date=1330370344]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=96704.msg1186823#msg1186823 date=1330370202]
no, you also implied that Nederland fans were either ignorant or just plain stupid for wondering why they weren't favorites.
[/quote]
Did I say it? or did you make the assumption as to what I was thinking? There is a BIG difference there...
[/quote]
He DID say implied.  ;)
[/quote]
I didn't IMPLY anything...I said what I meant.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1186820" timestamp="1330370130"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=96704.msg1186776#msg1186776 date=1330367005]
Dickie wanna make a lil wager with me again? You have my word that this time i won't be "shady" or try and get technical with you this time.
[/quote]
No. shady is as shady does.

[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=96704.msg1186798#msg1186798 date=1330369048]
Dickie, you're acting like Ozen is a much better team than Nederland.  I've seen nothing in the past 3 years to back that up.  Is Ozen capable of beating Nederland?  Obviously.  But are they so much better than Nederland?  Obviously not.  If they were, they wouldn't have finished behind them in district.  I personally have no problem with Ozen being the favorite in this game based on recent play and their last result against Nederland, but i do have a problem with you acting like nederland fans are being ridiculous for questioning it.
[/quote]

Never said they were a better team..I am saying that Nederland, although, well coached, and being co-champions of the district, I don't think they have enough in the tank to beat a more talented, hot Ozen team right now..just like I did 2 weeks ago.. ::)...Its kinda like making Indiana a favorite over Murray State, who is at the top of their conference and having a pretty good season...They are not the Indiana of years past, but at the end of the day, they are Indiana, and they are STILL....Murray State.
[/quote]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/20/northern-iowa-stuns-kansa_n_507166.html

So the fact that Murray State is ranked 12 and is ahead of such teams as Michigan, Wisconsin, UNLV, Indiana, Louisville, Temple and Notre Dame should be dismissed as not credible because "in the end they are Murray State" and the others are Michigan, Wisconsin, UNLV, Indiana, Louisville, Temple and Notre Dame"?

[quote name="stevenash" post="1186847" timestamp="1330371810"]
So the fact that Murray State is ranked 12 and is ahead of such teams as Michigan, Wisconsin, UNLV, Indiana, Louisville, Temple and Notre Dame should be dismissed as not credible because "in the end they are Murray State" and the others are Michigan, Wisconsin, UNLV, Indiana, Louisville, Temple and Notre Dame"?
[/quote]
Of the teams you named, I would take 4 of the 6 all day long against them, yes...and possibly the other 2 at home! They are Murray State....at the end of the day....STILL just Murray State.

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="1186848" timestamp="1330371885"]
I think Ozen is on a roll, beat Ned by 11 at the end of the season.  But they can be Dr. Jeckle and Mr Hyde!!! Ozen by 10!
[/quote]

You right because I think they all stayed on the bus Friday night against Humble until the 4th quarter.

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="1186848" timestamp="1330371885"]
I think Ozen is on a roll, beat Ned by 11 at the end of the season.  But they can be Dr. Jeckle and Mr Hyde!!! Ozen by 10!
[/quote]
U are right on the Jeckyl and Hyde comparison, but the same can be said for Nederland and Central too. Hard to know who Ozen is when they lose to Livingston by 17, then 3 days later beat Ned by 11. Ned won AT Livingston by 16 or so, one week prior to Ozen losing AT Livingston.

[quote name="uandme08" post="1186853" timestamp="1330372099"]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=96704.msg1186849#msg1186849 date=1330371947]
Steve, DV are you guys following each other from thread to thread?
[/quote]

I think we need to set these guys up on a date....... ;D
[/quote]
My beautiful wife would have something to say about that one! 8)...stevenash is a good guy...he just goes back and forth with me until BLUEDOVE3 gets on here, then he goes at it with him!!  ;D

Yeah DV I dont think Wifey is playing that one, and you would confuse the kids!  I can see her going off now.  I seen you around the ladies and I dont think Steve is pretty enough to catch your eye. lol. I guess people are mad at you for stating your opinion too strongly.  Honestly, I know we have no state bound teams in SETX and I question Nederlands overall ceiling too.  Its the tone of you voice DV... Like the women say, it aint what you say, it's how you say it! lol.. I did not think that counted with men.

[quote name="vp32" post="1186776" timestamp="1330367005"]
Dickie wanna make a lil wager with me again? You have my word that this time i won't be "shady" or try and get technical with you this time.
[/quote]

Vp- Looks like you have been shunned.  If you want to, you can take down half of my bet with DV.  You might lose $10 but you might win $50.

It simply comes down to hitting your shots. I believe Ned will be hitting theirs. Last game, I believe Ned was behind and fouling to putOzen on the FT line. Ozen was hitting their FTs and Ned. Would not hit their ensuing shot and had to foul again. Hopefully it will be a different game plan when time is ticking away.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1186919" timestamp="1330378323"]
If Ozen shows up and gets off the bus, they will beat Nederland.... ::)
[/quote]

That right there just shows you are living in the past.. That is the EXACT mindset Ozen had when they were a state ranked force every year! Welcome to 2012 8) This game should a fun one, and both teams playing some inspired basketball

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder