Beaumont Central vs. Kingwood Park

stevenash

I don't think it is criticizing, more like antagonizing... And you fall for it all the time.. i do it to you on the political board.. It's sports... The foundation of it is all about talking noise! Don’t go to a Philly vs. Cowboys game, you would be real sick… Philly fans talk about the Cowboys like they never won anything!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="1186622" timestamp="1330355569"]
I am a Jag fan, and I know this, there is NO 20-4A team that will beat nor compete with Yates.  I am so glad that Ned is having a LTrain (football) type run in district over the last two years, but Ned don't get too caught up in it, because we have all had fall to earth experiences (Central & Ozen Included). I do agrre with Dickie, that district Champs only matter in District, who won 24-4A last year?  Exactly!  It is relevant for local talk, but as far as State wide is concerned it is pretty much nothing. In contrast, I think us as fans must fully enjoy every accomplishment no matter how small. So congrats to 20-4A for having the opportunity to put at least one team in the regional tournament... maybe TWO!!!!!  Go Jags!
[/quote]
Good post! That is exactly what this site is about, local programs and their successes (however large or small they may be).

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="1186637" timestamp="1330356110"]
I don't think it is criticizing, more like antagonizing... And you fall for it all the time.. i do it to you on the political board.. It's sports... The foundation of it is all about talking noise! Don’t go to a Philly vs. Cowboys game, you would be real sick… Philly fans talk about the Cowboys like they never won anything!
[/quote]

Then the "antagonizer" should voice no opposition or complain about those who choose to antagonize the antagonizer, right?  The team that I follow is not the one that is being antagonized, so your advice is not beneficial to me.  As for the political board, I dont believe that you or I cry and whine about each other either.

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="1186622" timestamp="1330355569"]
I am a Jag fan, and I know this, there is NO 20-4A team that will beat nor compete with Yates.  I am so glad that Ned is having a LTrain (football) type run in district over the last two years, but Ned don't get too caught up in it, because we have all had fall to earth experiences (Central & Ozen Included). I do agrre with Dickie, that district Champs only matter in District, who won 24-4A last year?  Exactly!  It is relevant for local talk, but as far as State wide is concerned it is pretty much nothing. In contrast, I think us as fans must fully enjoy every accomplishment no matter how small. So congrats to 20-4A for having the opportunity to put at least one team in the regional tournament... maybe TWO!!!!!  Go Jags!
[/quote]Jags in the house! 8)

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="1186665" timestamp="1330357513"]
No we don't whine Nash, but it is pretty fun.. And trust me whe I tell you DV is not whinning... He is at his computer with the biggest grin, trying to work yall up!
[/quote]

Yes it is fun, particularly when those who believe they are the manipulators are being manipulated as well.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1186656" timestamp="1330357023"]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=96684.msg1186622#msg1186622 date=1330355569]
[/quote][b]Jags in the house![/b] 8)
[/quote]

Sorry for hijacking on this thread BUT can Ozen have at least 2 fans on this site, it gets hard trying to defend the Panthers against so many people (especially when I have my own doubts at times lol)....

[quote name="uandme08" post="1186765" timestamp="1330365624"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=96684.msg1186656#msg1186656 date=1330357023]
[/quote]

Sorry for hijacking on this thread BUT can Ozen have at least 2 fans on this site, it's get hard trying to defend the Panthers against so many people (especially when I have my own doubts at times lol)....
[/quote]There are a few of them, but most of them are Football and track guys. 

[quote name="uandme08" post="1186765" timestamp="1330365624"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=96684.msg1186656#msg1186656 date=1330357023]
[/quote]

Sorry for hijacking on this thread BUT can Ozen have at least 2 fans on this site, it gets hard trying to defend the Panthers against so many people (especially when I have my own doubts at times lol)....
[/quote]I'm a [s][s]Hebert[/s][/s] ...errr Ozen fan

[quote name="stevenash" post="1186805" timestamp="1330369424"]
Hj played them in their Christmas tourney and it may have been as close as anyone has played Hj when HJ won the game.  I agree with your Kingwood Park assessment of fundamentally sound and good coaching.  It would be difficult for me, however, to pick a favorite in this game.
[/quote] So NOW you remember that game??? What a hoot! ;D ;D

[quote name="stevenash" post="1187044" timestamp="1330392458"]
I remember the game and the team and never said I didnt.  However, I do remember some other guy saying that I did not see the same game he did because of the score differential at one point in that game.  Is that correct or did I actually say I don't remember the game?
[/quote] OK, so you remembered everything about  the game just not the score as it went along, right? Hilarious. I admire that you don't let those nagging little things others call "facts" stand in your way. BTW, it was the differential thru out 7/8ths of the game that you got wrong, not "at one point."

[quote name="homeless" post="1187097" timestamp="1330394900"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96684.msg1187044#msg1187044 date=1330392458]
I remember the game and the team and never said I didnt.  However, I do remember some other guy saying that I did not see the same game he did because of the score differential at one point in that game.  Is that correct or did I actually say I don't remember the game?
[/quote] OK, so you remembered everything about  the game just not the score as it went along, right? Hilarious. I admire that you don't let those nagging little things others call "facts" stand in your way. BTW, it was the differential thru out 7/8ths of the game that you got wrong, not "at one point."
[/quote]Are you saying that Kingwood Park led 7/8ths of the game?!?!?

[quote name="stevenash" post="1187150" timestamp="1330397865"]
;D
HJ vs Kingwood Park

10-7 kingwood park after one
30-24 hj at half
40-37 hj after three
62-53 hj final
[/quote]I think HJ took the lead at 13-12 and never relinquished it (maybe even at the 18 point mark midway through the 2nd).  It was close from time to time, but I don't think KP ever held the lead.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics