Nederland vs. Beaumont Central Game Thread/CENTRAL WINS 49-34!!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="rc2182" post="1171911" timestamp="1328328367"]
Congrats Jags ,SHINING my crystal ball ,one prediction left to go.By the way Nash I saved you some money so far.If you want any more predictions I have a web site you can go too.(LOL)
[/quote]

I appreciate you saving me that money.  Would you like to take $50 off me for the Ned-Ozen game?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="stevenash" post="1171905" timestamp="1328328179"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95450.msg1171841#msg date=1328325768]
Great gmae plan by Central.  This game could have been blown open big time, be we missed a LOT of free throws.  We cllosed out on 3 point shooters, we fought under screens, and we battled tooth and nail with the big Sophomore Nederland post man. Our defensive game plan worked to perfection.

K. Smith was a man tonight. He killed the mid range jumper earlier in the game.  The one on one game went great.  NO Nederland defender could check him.  Kid finished with almost 30 points.  Shout out to the Freshman Wildridge as he showed big late in the game. 

CENTRAL Finished 2-1 in the season series.

Good luck on the rest of the season, Big Ned.  BTW, the coach called out a heck of a game plan, so it's safe to say that English got out-coached tonight?  (im just stirring the pot.  ;) )
[/quote]

Soulja- Congrats on the victory.  I didnt think it would happen.  Looks like you employed the dunk-o-meter tonight.  I also think you should know we had two devices working tonight.  The dunk-o-meter recorded two and the alley-oop-o-meter recorded another two.  Just think, there are two or three people on here who could be half way to a quick $250 if they had accepted my proposition.
[/quote]Wow!  That H-J dunkometer went on tilt with 2 alley-oops.  Just for the record, there were several sweet midranged jumpers on display tonight.  8) 8)

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1171906" timestamp="1328328208"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95450.msg1171895#msg date=1328327855]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95450.msg1171890#msg date=1328327499]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95450.msg1171880#msg date=1328327141]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=95450.msg1171863#msg date=1328326439]
Heard some class was shown at the end of the game too.. ::)

Chants of "over-rated" and the announcer joining in? Hahaha!!
[/quote]Yes, I heard that.  That announcer is a fast car salesman type guy.  I don't like him announcing the game.  He started and the student section joined in.  I have to admit, it was funny.  Me and and rest of the Jag fans did not get involved.
[/quote]
I was told the school principal was involved as well. I don't know what he looks like, it's just what I over heard someone say. I sure hope he wasn't one of them.
[/quote]I didn't see the principal at all.  The AD was there, though.
[/quote]
Maybe that's who they were talking about. IMO, there is nothing wrong with the kids and fans cheering that. They are just enjoying the victory, as they should bc it has been a while since we lost a district game to Central.
[/quote]True, but it does feel sweet, especially at this time of year.

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1171919" timestamp="1328328708"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=95450.msg1171900#msg date=1328328000]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95450.msg1171893#msg date=1328327658]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=95450.msg1171888#msg date=1328327400]
Nothing was done that was out of line. It was just an intense hard fought high school basketball game. And if you think the refs affected the outcome of the game you are crazy. Nederland just got beat tonight.
[/quote]
[b]Who said anything about the refs??[/b] We got out played, it's that simple.
[/quote]

You might want to check out juggie's post above. A couple of posts earlier.
[/quote]
Oh, didn't see it. The refs called a loose game, and allowed the kids to play. Very physical game. A few team's have played this type of D against us this year, and we normally shoot our way out of it. Didn't happen tonight. Coach Lee's plan was to not allow English or Weisbrod to beat them, and it worked. English made every shot he took (3), and Weisbrod was held to 1 point! Somebody else needs to step up!  :-\
[/quote]Yes, that was the key.  We had a player in Weisbrod's pocket all night and closed out on young English when he wanted to fire the 3.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1171927" timestamp="1328329003"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=95450.msg1171905#msg date=1328328179]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95450.msg1171841#msg date=1328325768]
Great gmae plan by Central.  This game could have been blown open big time, be we missed a LOT of free throws.  We cllosed out on 3 point shooters, we fought under screens, and we battled tooth and nail with the big Sophomore Nederland post man. Our defensive game plan worked to perfection.

K. Smith was a man tonight. He killed the mid range jumper earlier in the game.  The one on one game went great.  NO Nederland defender could check him.  Kid finished with almost 30 points.  Shout out to the Freshman Wildridge as he showed big late in the game. 

CENTRAL Finished 2-1 in the season series.

Good luck on the rest of the season, Big Ned.  BTW, the coach called out a heck of a game plan, so it's safe to say that English got out-coached tonight?  (im just stirring the pot.  ;) )
[/quote]

Soulja- Congrats on the victory.  I didnt think it would happen.  Looks like you employed the dunk-o-meter tonight.  I also think you should know we had two devices working tonight.  The dunk-o-meter recorded two and the alley-oop-o-meter recorded another two.  Just think, there are two or three people on here who could be half way to a quick $250 if they had accepted my proposition.
[/quote]Wow!  That H-J dunkometer went on tilt with 2 alley-oops.  Just for the record, there were several sweet midranged jumpers on display tonight.  8) 8)
[/quote]

You should devise a mid range jump-o-meter

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1171930" timestamp="1328329111"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95450.msg1171906#msg date=1328328208]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95450.msg1171895#msg date=1328327855]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95450.msg1171890#msg date=1328327499]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95450.msg1171880#msg date=1328327141]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=95450.msg1171863#msg
date=1328326439]
Heard some class was shown at the end of the game too.. ::)

Chants of "over-rated" and the announcer joining in? Hahaha!!
[/quote]Yes, I heard that.  That announcer is a fast car salesman type guy.  I don't like him announcing the game.  He started and the student section joined in.  I have to admit, it was funny.  Me and and rest of the Jag fans did not get involved.
[/quote]
I was told the school principal was involved as well. I don't know what he
looks like, it's just what I over heard someone say. I sure hope he wasn't one of them.
[/quote]I didn't see the principal at all.  The AD was there, though.
[/quote]
Maybe that's who they were talking about. IMO, there is nothing wrong with the kids and fans cheering that. They are just enjoying the victory, as they should bc it has been a while since we lost a district game to Central.
[/quote]True, but it does feel sweet, especially at this time of year.
[/quote]

Wow...I can say a lot of things. IMO the refs were simply horrible. Nederland can't blame the loss on the refs. We did not have a bucket until about 4 min left in the 2nd quarter.  We had 4 points at that time all from freethrows, are you kiddin me? We did not block out, we did not rebound, we did not penetrate, we got one shot to their 3 all night long. We had a laçk of intensity. No-one stepped up and became a leader tonight. We could not hit a 3 for our life. Our big man did not have a bucket, yes, did not have one bucket all night (please correct me if I'm wrong). K. Smith for Central played a great game. Central defended and shut us down better than any team yet. Central played hard, aggressive, and simply put outplayed us tonight. Congrats Jags.  :'(

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1171944" timestamp="1328329609"]
Wow...I can say a lot of things. IMO the refs were simply horrible. Nederland can't blame the loss on the refs. We did not have a bucket until about 4 min left in the 2nd quarter.  We had 4 points at that time all from freethrows, are you kiddin me? We did not block out, we did not rebound, we did not penetrate, we got one shot to their 3 all night long. We had a laçk of intensity. No-one stepped up and became a leader tonight. We could not hit a 3 for our life. Our big man did not have a bucket, yes, did not have one bucket all night (please correct me if I'm wrong). K. Smith for Central played a great game. Central defended and shut us down better than any team yet. Central played hard, aggressive, and simply put outplayed us tonight. Congrats Jags.  :'(
[/quote]Thats pretty much how I saw it as well.  Thanks for the congrads.

Well, it was one of those nights when it simply wasn't our night. Not many things went right for Nederland. Central played a better game. When you're on a winning streak 2 things are for sure. 1) every team is gunning for ya, 2) and at some point the winning streak will end. It ended tonight, and congratulations go to Central. Having said that,  hold your heads high bulldogs, what you accomplished is something to be proud of. Our Nederland basketball community has come together AND GROWN because of what you have accomplished. Let the "pain" of this loss soak in, learn from it, and move forward. At the end of the day it is simply ONE loss. Begin a new win streak, and continue winning District Championships....and strive for your next goal of winning a Regional tournament. PROUD TO BE A BULLDOG!

[move][size=24pt]29!!!![/size][/move]

The number is still 29 Dickie V! That is something you can't take away from the program and community.  ;) This is a special group of kids. Being 25-6 and 10-1 during a rebuilding year is not too shabby at this point of the season. There is work to be done, and I believe in these kids and Coach E.
Good luck on demoralizing someone else.  ;)

And it does not get any easier for Nederland.  They still Have LC-M, who played them tight last time.  Also, they have Ozen who lost in OT I believe.  Ozen was there scouting (i was sitting right by them last night).  They were seriously analysing that game writing down things that Central did that worked.  8) 8)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1172046" timestamp="1328364983"]
And it does not get any easier for Nederland.  They still Have LC-M, who played them tight last time.  Also, they have Ozen who lost in OT I believe.  Ozen was there scouting (i was sitting right by them last night).  They were seriously analysing that game writing down things that Central did that worked.  8) 8)
[/quote]

Analyze and write all you wish.  Players will play the game and I would also suspect that Nederland will be making adjustments as well and will not shoot as poorly as they did in this game.

They shot poorly because of fast close outs on the 3 point line.  Nederland is a spot shooter team.  If you run them off their spot and watch the quick dump off pass to their bigs, you will have the advantage. Now, Central did shoot HORRIBLE from the charity stripe.  Now that's something that Nederland had no bearing on. We had a bearing on their poor FG shooting.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1172063" timestamp="1328367472"]
They shot poorly because of fast close outs on the 3 point line.  Nederland is a spot shooter team.  If you run them off their spot and watch the quick dump off pass to their bigs, you will have the advantage. Now, Central did shoot HORRIBLE from the charity stripe.  Now that's something that Nederland had no bearing on. We had a bearing on their poor FG shooting.
[/quote]

If that was the case, why hasnt that happened more often in more games to Nederland?  Surely you dont think this knowledge/belief was the exclusive property of the Central coaches ( whom I might add, have not been portrayed by you,up till now, as strategic masters)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1172063" timestamp="1328367472"]
[/quote]
Missing wide open 3s is not considered good D. Good D was played on Weisbrod, however. We shoot our average from 3-land, and Central is forced to cover Ned outside which would have allowed Weisbrod and English to do their thing. Nobody ever got going from outside, so it was effective. I don't see us shooting 9 for 39 against Ozen.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1172074" timestamp="1328368554"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95450.msg1172063#msg date=1328367472]
[/quote]

If that was the case, why hasnt that happened more often in more games to Nederland?  Surely you dont think this knowledge/belief was the exclusive property of the Central coaches ( whom I might add, have not been portrayed by you,up till now, as strategic masters)
[/quote]Thats a VERY good question. Our staff has it's moments. More bungle-ups than great moments.  This is one of those surprisingly rare instances.  With our staff, it's basically the roll of the dice if they remember to bring their brains with them to work.

Pretty sure English and staff will be prepared for a triangle and 2 defense for the next time somebody tries to  run that against Nederland.. This game is also a wake-up call for those players, gotta come to play every game because everybody is gonna give you their best! You have the bull's eye on your back in this district now

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1172086" timestamp="1328370311"]
[/quote]
Missing wide open 3s is not considered good D. Good D was played on Weisbrod, however. We shoot our average from 3-land, and Central is forced to cover Ned outside which would have allowed Weisbrod and English to do their thing. Nobody ever got going from outside, so it was effective. I don't see us shooting that poorly against Ozen.
[/quote]Nederland did pass up quite a few open 3 point shots due to the face that Central was able to close out on them faster than they were obviously expecting.  I've seen Nederland play more than once and they are the type of team if they are open or is feeling it, they will go 'bombs away'. This is just my observation. 

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1172089" timestamp="1328370609"]
Pretty sure English and staff will be prepared for a triangle and 2 defense for the next time somebody tries to  run that against Nederland.. This game is also a wake-up call for those players, gotta come to play every game because everybody is gonna give you their best! You have the bull's eye on your back in this district now
[/quote]Those Ozen scouts saw more than those defensive sets.  They saw OTHER things that Central did.  They also saw the things that Central should/could have done to make this a bigger blowout than it was.  Ozen does not have a player like K. Smith,  but have what it takes to make the next trip for Nederland to Beaumont an unpleasant one.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1172092" timestamp="1328370868"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95450.msg1172086#msg date=1328370311]
[/quote]
Missing wide open 3s is not considered good D. Good D was played on Weisbrod, however. We shoot our average from 3-land, and Central is forced to cover Ned outside which would have allowed Weisbrod and English to do their thing. Nobody ever got going from outside, so it was effective. I don't see us shooting that poorly against Ozen.
[/quote]Nederland did pass up quite a few open 3 point shots due to the face that Central was able to close out on them faster than they were obviously expecting.  I've seen Nederland play more than once and they are the type of team if they are open or is feeling it, they will go 'bombs away'. This is just my observation.
[/quote]
We did pass up a bunch of open 3s bc we were not hitting them early, therefore, not 'feeling it'. I've played enough basketball in my life to know that you have to shoot through the cold spells, most HS kids don't understand that yet.

I wouldnt be surprised if this isnt just one of those games that makes you refocus on the real goal.. District Championship! Going undefeated is tough and a harder to do each week you get closer to that goal happening.. Dont like to lose, but this might not be a bad loss.. Lesson to be learned from this.. Just because you show up to the gym, doesnt mean you are going to win..

Lets go Dogs!

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1172097" timestamp="1328371530"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95450.msg1172092#msg date=1328370868]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95450.msg1172086#msg date=1328370311]
[/quote]
[/quote]
We did pass up a bunch of open 3s bc we were not hitting them early, therefore, not 'feeling it'. I've played enough basketball in my life to know that you have to shoot through the cold spells, most HS kids don't understand that yet.
[/quote]Yes, I agree.  You Have to run your offense and shoot through it.  After you make a few of them, you could then go down low to Weisbrod. Central imployed no full court press, so Nederland would have NEVER had a problem setting up it's halfcourt offense.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124