SETX All Star Basketball Games

This year the Evadale Catfish Festival will once again host the SETX All Star Basketball games
However, there is one change as this years festival is March 1-4 so the games will be played on Saturday March 3rd.

Now we all know that weekend is the weekend of the girls state tournament and the boys regional tournament, but it will be more like the NFL Pro Bowl. The players that are still involved and playing will just keep in trying to bring a state championship home, but players whose seasons have ended will get one last chance to play.

We will try to have four games
3A-5A Girls  1 PM
3A-5a Boys 2:30 PM
1A-2A + Private Schools Girls 4 PM
1A-2A + Private School Boys 5:30 PM

Coaches will recieve nomination forms once the regular season is done. For those who do not make the playoffs they can respond right away, and for those in the playoffs they can respond once their team has finished the season. If they continue on (and we wish them well to do so) then they will just not send any nominees in for the games.

Tickets for one or all four games will be $5 with the proceeds going to the Gilbert & Betty Richardson Memorial Scholarship Fund that has presented over $10,000 in the past 5 years to graduates of Evadale High School. The players will be wearing their school uniforms so it will be a great opportunity to see those senior players that have been so important to their teams putting on the uniform one last time.

If you would like any additional information about these game please send me a personal message and I will respond.

I understand and would add that we hope that Evadale will not have any players in the game due to the playoffs, but by the process of elimination at a maximum only one girls team from each classification and 2 boys teams from each classification will still be in the playoffs. I for one hope we have six girls teams and 12 boys teams still left from this area. But we want to have some great games even if we have to do them without some of the talents that will be in the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kabamok245
    Newest Member
    kabamok245