2012 State Football Finals

monknuk

If so, I don't see how the experience can be much better than what it was when I attended last year at Jerry's world...

Other than the food prices (which are high but I guess understandable) everything else seemed to be top notch...Given the enormous size of the video screen I'm not sure there is a bad seat in the house....

Playing for a state championship is awesome in and of itself but giving teams, bands, etc. the chance to perform in a venue like Cowboys stadium is a once in a lifetime opportunity for most....

I'm not saying San Antonio won't do a good job I just don't think most (talking about players, etc.) will be as excited to play somewhere else....The whole allure of getting to play at Cowboy stadium has just raised the stakes the last couple of years (if that even seems possible)....

Listening to the Director of the UIL, I didn't realize how much they cater to the athletes by putting name plates on their lockers in the locker rooms.  That's something they'll never forget in their lives, first class.  He didn't elaborate on anything else but i'm sure there is more that Jerry's World does for the athletes and all that participate in the festivities.

[quote name="monknuk68" post="1148286" timestamp="1324241191"]
Somewhere I read on the Internet that it would rotate from cities to cities. Dallas, Houston, San Antontio, and etc. Is that not the case?
[/quote]

It looks like they are going that as San Antonio will have it for the next couple of years.  Word has it that Reliant Stadium might be getting a turf to enable it to host the games when its turn comes up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder