Good at sports or good sportsmanship !!!

all this talk is fun, but don't most good athletes eventually, sooner or later, move into real life situations. Does the geek spend the rest of his life talking about his high school accomplishments? Keep this all in perspective. Being a good football player doesn't mean squat!! Move on, mature and make a difference off the field.

diehardaggie, I think you are a bit confused. By your post count, I'm going to assume that you've not been around here much. However, I have been around here long enough to know that the majority of the members here are productive and contributing citizens in their communities.

Just for your information, I know there are lawyers, police officers, engineers, bankers, moms! :D , military personnel, and even a local meteorologist who actively participate in the conversations here. You're gonna tell me that these people aren't making a difference in their community?

You remind me of someone who I've just recently lost alot of respect for because they had the same haughty opinion of adults and high school sports.

I personally love the diversity on here, but if you don't, it's pretty easy to just not logon. :D

diehardaggie' date=' I think you are a bit confused. By your post count, I'm going to assume that you've not been around here much. However, I have been around here long enough to know that the majority of the members here are productive and contributing citizens in their communities.

Just for your information, I know there are lawyers, police officers, engineers, bankers, mom's! :D , and even a local meteorologist who actively participate in the conversations here. You're gonna tell me that these people aren't making a difference in their community?

You remind me of someone who I've just recently lost alot of respect for because they had the same haughty opinion of adults and high school sports.

I personally love the diversity on here, but if you don't, it's pretty easy to just not logon. :D[/quote']

Ouch.

diehardaggie' date=' I think you are a bit confused. By your post count, I'm going to assume that you've not been around here much. However, I have been around here long enough to know that the majority of the members here are productive and contributing citizens in their communities.

Just for your information, I know there are lawyers, police officers, engineers, bankers, moms! :D , military personnel, and even a local meteorologist who actively participate in the conversations here. You're gonna tell me that these people aren't making a difference in their community?

I personally love the diversity on here, but if you don't, it's pretty easy to just not logon. :D[/quote']

COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER! :D

Thats why she is the SETXSPORTS DIVA OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNER. This award is handed out by tha Champ!

Thats why she is the SETXSPORTS DIVA OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNER. This award is handed out by tha Champ!

Thank you...thank you very much...<said in the voice of a really bad Elvis impersonator>

I'd like to thank the Academy....no wait....I'd like to thank the Screen Actors....no that's wrong too......I'd like to thank all those who make it possible for me to be the best Diva I can be!!! Thanks for all the great material that some of you give me to work with! It's truly and honor and a privilege. :twisted:

You guys missed it !! I don't care what your current job is. My point is that we get caught up in what a kid DID in high school and beat the subject the death. I'm glad this forum is here and student athletes should be recognized, but more often than not , excelling in a particular sport does not equat to excelling in life in general. Our excellance in whatever we do is because of our attitude "SPORTMANSHIP". Did you get that DIVA !!!!!!!! Enjoy, discuss and move on. Diva, you probably make a difference in your community, but its not because you are fast, strong or can read a zone defense!! I'm involved in sports and support what the athletes do, but I know that their skills will carry them only so far. Remember that this is a topic on GOOD AT SPORTS VS. GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP. By the way DIVA, I don't need to have "been around here much" to make a statement about a topic.

all this talk is fun' date=' but don't most good athletes eventually, sooner or later, move into real life situations. Does the geek spend the rest of his life talking about his high school accomplishments? Keep this all in perspective. Being a good football player doesn't mean squat!! Move on, mature and make a difference off the field.[/b']

You guys missed it !! I don't care what your current job is. My point is that we get caught up in what a kid DID in high school and beat the subject the death.

We missed it because you didn't say it. Let's see' date=' a high school forum is beat to death talking about high school sports.. yeah, now I understand. Thanks for clearing that up.

I'm glad this forum is here and student athletes should be recognized, but more often than not , excelling in a particular sport does not equat to excelling in life in general.

I must have missed that post. Please refresh our memory on when someone in here (at anytime) has equated high school athletics with excelling in life.

Our excellance in whatever we do is because of our attitude "SPORTMANSHIP". Did you get that DIVA !!!!!!!!

Since you never mentioned that in your first post, how is anyone going to get it? Maybe you mistook this for the clairvoyant forum. Sorry, we are not mind readers.

Enjoy, discuss and move on. Diva, you probably make a difference in your community, but its not because you are fast, strong or can read a zone defense!! I'm involved in sports and support what the athletes do, but I know that their skills will carry them only so far. Remember that this is a topic on GOOD AT SPORTS VS. GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP.

While it is true that being a high school football (or any other sport) player generally doesn't equate to success in life, I have never seen anyone on this forum say that it did. I have not seen any of your "geeks" come in here and spend any time talking about his high school accomplishments. I don't recall anyone talking about what they did in high school. Sorry, maybe I have missed those posts.

By the way DIVA, I don't need to have "been around here much" to make a statement about a topic.

True, you are free to post. When you start off by creating a thread in a high school football forum so that you can call people geeks for talking high school football and then finish by saying that playing high school football doesn't mean squat, what kind of response did you think you would receive?

Well, there's not much that needs to be added to what tvc184 has already so eloquently communicated. But I do have a couple of things to say.

One of the things that I'm proudest of in my life is the fact that I am a "good sport"! Anyone who truly knows me, knows that I'm always quick to praise my opponent when they win. I grew up in a town that had a losing football team....year after year after year. Did I dog the team or stop supporting them? NO! Do I still support their losing program today? YES! So don't preach to me about sportmanship when I'm the epitome of it. I've included the definition of sportsmanship for the benefit of anyone who cares...

: conduct (as fairness, respect for one's opponent, and graciousness in winning or losing) becoming to one participating in a sport

And one more thing.......how do you know that I'm not fast, strong or can't read a zone defense?!! :roll:

Now diva, I'll take your word on the speed, strength and zone reading ability, but your ability to comprehend is clearly lacking. I didn't call peolpe geeks who talked high school football, I was comparing geek and athletes on the post graduate walks down memory lane !!!! I know this a forum for high school football discussion, but expanding the talk into other areas that pertain to hs football seems harmless. last, but not least, playing hs football doesn't mean squat is a statement of perspective. HS football campared to almost anything in life will pale by comparison. If I've offended you or anyone else, I am sorry :roll: I will be more carefull in the future.

My ability to comprehend is superior when the content provided is superior in quality. Lack of quality content in communicaton tends to lend itself to misunderstandings....of which this is obviously one.

You guys missed it !! I don't care what your current job is. My point is that we get caught up in what a kid DID in high school and beat the subject the death. I'm glad this forum is here and student athletes should be recognized' date=' but more often than not , excelling in a particular sport does not equat to excelling in life in general. Our excellance in whatever we do is because of our attitude "SPORTMANSHIP". Did you get that DIVA !!!!!!!! Enjoy, discuss and move on. Diva, you probably make a difference in your community, but its not because you are fast, strong or can read a zone defense!! I'm involved in sports and support what the athletes do, but I know that their skills will carry them only so far. Remember that this is a topic on GOOD AT SPORTS VS. GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP. By the way DIVA, I don't need to have "been around here much" to make a statement about a topic.[/quote']

It's obvious that you never played high school sports. If you did.........YOU DIDN'T GET IT at all ! First off, a kid does not have to excel in football or any other sport to GET IT, but he must be part of the TEAM.

Only in athletic competition do you get to experience Love, Hate, Happiness, Sorrow, Pain and suffering all for a worthy cause. Did I mention blood & sweat and broken bones. Extreme discipline and hard work habits that last for hours each day and never seem to end. All this is

experienced togather as a TEAM or FAMILY if you will. And they all have one goal...........TO HAVE SUCCESS by WINNING !

In case you still don't get it..............It prepares you for LIFE

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33