Central 52 OF 49 Final/Comments

KFDM COOP

Orangefield lost due to fatigue more than anything. They played 6 games and had 1 full practice in the last 6 days and it showed. They were slow and out of sync the whole game. Just too tired, it looked like. Yes, the foul count was so uneven it was laughable, but Orangefield lost by only 3 points and they missed more than that many free throws. Same thing happened in the Lumberton game. They lost by 2 points and missed 11 free throws. Gotta make the the free throws!

Exactly. Central stayed on the free throw line and made most of them. They were in double bonus early in the 4th quarter. Orangefield didn't get nearly as many opportunities and didn't make enough. The foul count midway through the 4th was Central called for 8 and Orangefield called for 16. Orangefield got called for more after that so I don't know how many they ended up with. Two of their starters fouled out and a couple more had 4. Still, they could have won if they had made a few free throws. They have to do better in district when it counts.

Why because it was against Central. It was a good game except the referree's finally noticed how dirty they play! ( grabbing jerseys, pushing, and flopping) and from what I saw last night Orangefield was getting down the court fast but Central came out strong with an 11-0 lead early in the first quarter. Nobody wants to lose and about the foul situation 2 of Centrals starters were in foul trouble also, but like I said the referree's finally noticed how dirty they play. They made almost all of their free throws, that's what kept them in the game to be honest.

Central's defense was played like never before so big ups to that but, everyone doesn't get what they want they get what they deserve and last night Central came out and fought to win and didn't take them lightly so they deserve to win and that's what they got :D everyone felt fatigued last night and Orangefield is not the only team that is supposed to win they have to lose eventually and last night was their time :D 8)

Why because it was against Central. It was a good game except the referree's finally noticed how dirty they play! ( grabbing jerseys' date=' pushing, and flopping) and from what I saw last night Orangefield was getting down the court fast but Central came out strong with an 11-0 lead early in the first quarter. Nobody wants to lose and about the foul situation 2 of Centrals starters were in foul trouble also, but like I said the referree's finally noticed how dirty they play. They made almost all of their free throws, that's what kept them in the game to be honest.[/quote']

1.It didn't mean anything because it wasn't a district game. Just like the game earlier this year when Orangefield easily beat Central didn't mean anything.

2. You have a lot of posts where you talk trash. If you noticed, I didn't say anything bad about Central. There was no "dirty play" on either side.

3. If you think Orangefield was fast last night, you should see them when they are rested. They were far slower than normal.

4. Orangefield missed a lot of free throws in this game, that is their Achilles Heel so far this year.

5. Central made most of their many free throw opportunities and it could be argued that is what won them the game.

6. Central wanted this game more than Orangefield and played like it.

Central's defense was played like never before so big ups to that but' date=' everyone doesn't get what they want they get what they deserve and last night Central came out and fought to win and didn't take them lightly so they deserve to win and that's what they got :D everyone felt fatigued last night and Orangefield is not the only team that is supposed to win they have to lose eventually and last night was their time :D 8)[/quote']

That is one mighty long run-on sentence! Also, why was Central fatigued? Did they play 6 games in 6 days too?

Why make excuses? A loss IS a loss.... you can always say... "if this" or "if that" .... but that is the reason they keep score in a ballgame... to see who WON - you don't get free points for being tired... you don't get extra points for missing free throws...... you don't get to add to your score when you foul repeatedly...... so why even bring it up? Basketball scoring isn't like judging for a gymnastics competition. It's not a matter of opinion... it is a matter of WHO PUT THE MOST POINTS IN THE SCOREBOOK, right? So, that said.... Central won, Orangefield lost, deal with it.

Also, in my opinion, EVERY game counts if you are a true competitor.

In my first post I pointed out that missed free throws were costly. Missed free throws are lost points. That's why it was brought up. Regardless of all the things that weren't working for Orangefield, they still had the chance to win. All they had to do was make free throws and they blew it. They have to do better than that in games that count, DISTRICT. Every competitor wants to win every game, true, but there is no getting around the fact that if you are going to lose, there is a lot of relief if it is a non district one. That luxury ends next week with the start of district play.

bottom line, this game meant way more to Central than it did to OF. Of girls took Central lightly because they have beaten them easily every time they have played them the last several years. Congrats to Central, if beating a team in non district play is meaningful to you, then fantastic. I am much more concerned about OF's lack of fire. The offense looked anemic. Lobbing the ball around, and jogging through the offense. If they think last night was a long night, they will have a nightmare on their hands if they play Silsbee like that.

Out of sync is not an excuse, it's the problem. Every team has those nights where nothing falls in, passes aren't where they should be, and the team just isn't clicking. You don't have to have an excuse for being out of sync, you just are. And that can cause you to lose if the other team is IN sync and playing good, which apparently was the case the other night.

People think that the World revolves around Orangefield and they act like they can't lose a game. It doesn't matter how many games you play. Say for instance you are in a tournament and you want to play to win the Championship and you come across a team that you have beaten before, that doesn't mean you take them lightly not expecting them to come out strong. There is no reason to make excuses, just except the fact that Central did what they was supposed to do and won. Central played smart team ball, and made good decisions. Orangefield is a good team and to me they didn't take Central lightly. If you are losing do you still play lightly, or do you play harder to try to win? Central will surprise alot of people this year and when they beat teams that are really good, everyone has something to say bad about them. All I can say is don't under estimate, just appreciate. :evil: YOU CAN HATE IF YOU WANT, BUT YOU WASTING YOUR TIME :evil:

OF plays the toughest schedule possible. If we scheduled Central twice then coach A. doesn't view them as a weak team. It works the same for the Central coach. If she scheduled OF twice then she knew they would benefit from playing us. Tough competition gets you ready for a possible playoff run. Hopefully the game benefited both teams. There will always be talk. That's sports........................ Are you telling me that the world doesn't revolve around Orangefield? :shock:

Guest bleed orange

Why because it was against Central. It was a good game except the referree's finally noticed how dirty they play! ( grabbing jerseys' date=' pushing, and flopping) and from what I saw last night Orangefield was getting down the court fast but Central came out strong with an 11-0 lead early in the first quarter. Nobody wants to lose and about the foul situation 2 of Centrals starters were in foul trouble also, but like I said the referree's finally noticed how dirty they play. They made almost all of their free throws, that's what kept them in the game to be honest.[/quote']

Are you kidding me, Orangefield play dirty. Its called "defense" sweetheart. Something Central knows nothing about. I will make no excuse because we lost. We lost fair and square. But don't sit there and say we play dirty. You ask any coach in this area that plays us and they will say our girls get after you on the defensive side of the ball. Also if ya'll were in 3a you would be sitting at home come playoff time. You forget to mention that after ya'll went on that 11-0 run, we came back with a 15-0 run. Ya'll beat us because of your post play, plain and simple. The one girl had 24 points almost half of your points. You made one shot from the outside the entire game. Which hey what ever is working thats what you go with. I have watched alot of girls basketball and there are alot of teams out there that play dirty, Orangefield is not one of them.

I AGREE WITH ROXSY!!!! And why does OF scedual vidor the 1st round every year in there tourny how bought scedual some one good.. not someone ur just going to try to score 100 points against and press the whole game when your up 60!

What are you talking about...scedual...what? Instead of Vidor we should probably scedual MC-L. They are some one good!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    julianhudges
    Newest Member
    julianhudges