So let me get this straight....

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1125138" timestamp="1321766221"]
Iowa State beat Oklahoma State
Baylor beat Oklahoma
USC beat Oregon
Ozen beat Brenham
Vidor beat Montgomery
Nederland beat Houston Stratford
Cal may very well pull it out against Stanford (knock on wood)

I think Satan needs a thick winter coat.
[/quote]

"mama sez da foosball is uv da debil!"

[quote name="outanup" post="1125309" timestamp="1321801085"]
Ned beating Stratford is an upset?
[/quote]

I probably should have clarified that one a little better. I actually didn't have that game originally listed as an upset; I modified the post to add it later. I posted the same thing on Facebook and two points were brought to my attention that convinced me to add it for good measure. First of all, while Nederland had a solid advantage over Houston Stratford going into the game, the game went into double overtime and Ned barely escaped with the win. The surprise there is that Nederland didn't have it in hand early on as I (and I think most people) expected. I guess you could say that, from that perspective, the game's outcome is more surprising than it is upsetting.

Second, Nederland didn't get washed out in the first round of the playoffs for the third year in a row. In that sense, every game Ned wins in the playoffs could be considered an upset. ;) ;D

I said in a post a while ago that Nederland has the defense to go deep. The question is Nederland's offense. I guess the Stratford game just about proved me right. More points were scored in overtime than in regulation.

With that said, I hope Nederland can put it together and get to the Regional Final.

[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1125900" timestamp="1321835892"]
Actually, the times that Nederland was bounced in the first round were the anomaly Bamakid.  For over a decade, Nederland took deep playoff runs, winning first round playoff games for what at that time was one of the states longest active streaks at 11.
[/quote]

I know Ned's had it good with Neumann. Just throwing a little jab back at 'em. ;D

Actually, the times that Nederland was bounced in the first round were the anomaly Bamakid.  For over a decade, Nederland took deep playoff runs, winning first round playoff games for what at that time was one of the states longest active streaks at 11.
[/quote]

11 is very impressive!

Actually, the times that Nederland was bounced in the first round were the anomaly Bamakid.  For over a decade, Nederland took deep playoff runs, winning first round playoff games for what at that time was [b]one of the states longest active streaks at 11[/b].
[/quote]
One of the states longest streaks. Now that's stretching it a bit.

[quote name="vp32" post="1127181" timestamp="1321939031"]
[quote author=NDOMAKONG link=topic=91934.msg1126942#msg1126942 date=1321927802]
You don't know what you're talking about.  Do your homework.
[/quote]
East Chambers has had 17 straight playoff births and still going. Dayton has 16. Now when you get near that then you can start talking.
[/quote]he said first round wins not births

[quote name="2% Milk" post="1127188" timestamp="1321940560"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=91934.msg1127181#msg1127181 date=1321939031]
[quote author=NDOMAKONG link=topic=91934.msg1126942#msg1126942 date=1321927802]
You don't know what you're talking about.  Do your homework.
[/quote]
East Chambers has had 17 straight playoff births and still going. Dayton has 16. Now when you get near that then you can start talking.
[/quote]he said first round wins not births
[/quote]
Okay but i still don't see that being one of the longest streaks in the state of Texas. Now if someone can prove it then i'll believe it.

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1127310" timestamp="1321972786"]
[url=http://texashsfootball.com/board/thsfpedia/index.php/Nederland]http://texashsfootball.com/board/thsfpedia/index.php/Nederland[/url]
[/quote]
Thanx coach. I was never arguing that it was true. I was just simply saying i find it hard to believe that its one of the longest streaks in Texas.

There were 26 teams who had made the playoffs the past 11 years... in all of the state of Texas.  The streak of winning 10 straight first round games was ABSOLUTELY one of the longest active streaks at that time.  You count 26 out of all the states football teams in all classifications, then there was a smaller group who had won 10 straight first round games.... and there you go.  I'm sorry it was hard to believe.

[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1127699" timestamp="1321998780"]
There were 26 teams who had made the playoffs the past 11 years... in all of the state of Texas.  The streak of winning 10 straight first round games was ABSOLUTELY one of the longest active streaks at that time.  You count 26 out of all the states football teams in all classifications, then there was a smaller group who had won 10 straight first round games.... and there you go.  I'm sorry it was hard to believe.
[/quote]
Okay well congrats to Ned. Your were right.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder