Brett Ramsey was snubbed

bobcatfan

So your argument is: if teams stay away from these DBs and other DB's have to take care of business, the DBs everyone is avoiding and gets no opportunities to make plays is therefore the better DB and should make 1st or 2nd team because they are so good no one wants to test them? :roll: I can see both sides of the argument, we all just have a different opinions. :D

Seems as if the Ramsey kid is happy with his performance and doesn't need the honor to validate how important he was to his team. However, it appears that everyone who played Orangefield made it a priority to concentrate on him and he STILL managed to put up impressive numbers.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From all I know about Ramsey, he IS a great kid, a steady competitior, and won't complain about ANYTHING - A true TEAM player.

I believe it would have been very hard for him to knock Dishon out of the running because of Dishon's past accomplishments - call it politics or whatever else you want.

I DO NOT believe he was not represented at the nominations and voting - He had too good of a year to have been left out.

If I WERE to point blame anywhere, it would be at the fact that 21-AAA had 8 quality, competitive teams, loaded with quality athletes, and as someone posted above, picking from 8 teams instead of 6 means quiet a few deserving athletes get left out.

I think Ramsey was one of them.

And from what I know about the young man, he knows, as well as his teammates and coaches and fans and opponents, that he gave it all he had, every play of every quarter of every game, and THAT is his satisfaction.

$.02 from a neighbor down FM408.

Guest bleed orange

Good post " Birdman". We need to let this subject die. But here is another thread that needs to be started. I said at the beginning of the year that 21 3a was a little weak this year and I was right. But thats ok, we can't be great every year. The people from WOS thought this team would bring them to the promise land and believe me I hoped that they would. Because its all about Orange County Baby!!!!!!. But it did not happen. They had a great year and I applaud that. WOS was the best team In the golden Triangle besides Westbrook. So that tells you, this was not our year. It will be hard for WOS to win a state title in 3a. In my opinion their best chance was last year. How weak was the 4a district. WOS beat Dayton and they pretty much had thier way with the 22 4A district.

Ok this is all i will say. Dishon is a outstanding athlete. He earned his spot but brett r. should have won it that guy has tons of heart and amazeing stats and no matter what you say hes just a good ball player but see only reason he did not get it is becuase orangefield gets treated like trash and everyone gets picked over them no matter what you say i do not care orangefield to everyone is some small country town and everyone goes right passt them and looks at everyone else befor us just look at this case last year orangefield and hardin jefferson orangefield smoked them 36-16 and they barley made it to playoffs and orangefield dint ok well so they were picked over them in the district pick well orangefield was picked last but beat hardin jefferson who was ranked over them beat jasper who was ranked over them and i bet orangefield will probably ethier be picked second to last are last again next year just becuase everyone looks over orangefield orangefield doenst have alot of athletes are major play makers but what they do have is heart and the mental ability to say im going to come out and just hit u in the mouth doens tmatter if orangefield wins are loses they show good sportsman ship and u can ask that team the next day if orangefield braught some hat and ill bet ur life they say yes becuase orangefield is not scared of no one and there coaches are outstanding as well they stick behind there players no matter what the standards are they could be playing the DALLAS COWBOYS and there coaches will come in the locker room and say we cna beat them and they truely mean it oranegfield coahcing staff is behind there players 100% so all this ends at orangefield gets chosen last in everything one of the biggets reason brett did not get it and your probably saying i would say this becuase i go to orangefield well i have talked to so meany other guys from diffrent schools and when i tell them how orangefield does things they try and convence there moms and dads to move to orangefield

Guest bleed orange

Bobcats#1, I applaud what you are saying. I know what you wrote was with passion. But please before you post proof read what you wrote. I know there is no spell check on here, so get a dictionary.

Ok this is all i will say. Dishon is a outstanding athlete. He earned his spot but brett r. should have won it that guy has tons of heart and amazeing stats and no matter what you say hes just a good ball player but see only reason he did not get it is becuase orangefield gets treated like trash and everyone gets picked over them no matter what you say i do not care orangefield to everyone is some small country town and everyone goes right passt them and looks at everyone else befor us just look at this case last year orangefield and hardin jefferson orangefield smoked them 36-16 and they barley made it to playoffs and orangefield dint ok well so they were picked over them in the district pick well orangefield was picked last but beat hardin jefferson who was ranked over them beat jasper who was ranked over them and i bet orangefield will probably ethier be picked second to last are last again next year just becuase everyone looks over orangefield orangefield doenst have alot of athletes are major play makers but what they do have is heart and the mental ability to say im going to come out and just hit u in the mouth doens tmatter if orangefield wins are loses they show good sportsman ship and u can ask that team the next day if orangefield braught some hat and ill bet ur life they say yes becuase orangefield is not scared of no one and there coaches are outstanding as well they stick behind there players no matter what the standards are they could be playing the DALLAS COWBOYS and there coaches will come in the locker room and say we cna beat them and they truely mean it oranegfield coahcing staff is behind there players 100% so all this ends at orangefield gets chosen last in everything one of the biggets reason brett did not get it and your probably saying i would say this becuase i go to orangefield well i have talked to so meany other guys from diffrent schools and when i tell them how orangefield does things they try and convence there moms and dads to move to orangefield

Man, that is a long sentence.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder