Brett Ramsey was snubbed

bobcatfan

Champion I understand what your saying and I agree with some of your points, but when it seems to happen to your team every year then it gets old. Like I mentioned in another post, we had the kid last year that led the district in interceptions and he was no where to be found on the all district team. It just isn't right!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well bleed orange DISHON ran good over 100 yrds with 3 rushing TDs and MILLS had over 100 yrds rushing with 1 TD so think what you want dishon got second team ramsey didnt o well..... plus the better you do in district the more people you get on the ALL DISTRICT TEAM!!!

Ramsey never beat BC in his good career....he had stats but it seemed kinda like a one man team

Guest bleed orange

I never complained about how many kids we had on the all district team. Dishon did most of his damage at tailback against us, Not quaterback. What part do you not understand? Brett was the more complete quarterback. Dishon is the better athlete. Maybe the coaches should have gave an award like most versitile. Dishon would fit that mold. Oh by the way he carried you guys also. Without him you lose more games. It will be hard for us to beat bridge city no matter who is quaterback.

Some of Dishon votes were probably a carryover from last year as well. Ramsey obviously had a great year and should have been recognized. Someone's always going to be left off, and no it's not fair, But as Mr. Merrill used to say " Son, the whole worlds not fair, if it was, frogs would have wings".

Guest OHS_1994

So is that why the only person you got on first team is your punter and kicker BCback 08. And Cody its not nice to get on here talking trash about other players behind a code name.

this is a comment to the interception comment earlier. Just b/c someone leads in interceptions doesn't mean he is the best DB in the District. There might be 6-8 other DB's in the District that are better and have shut down teams but not got picks. You can have 5 picks and get beat just as many times and that will kill you. thats why you can't go by stats, you have to go by difference in game planning and what he did.

In American English' date=' "beating a dead horse" is an idiom which is most often used as a retort to make clear that a particular request or line of conversation is already foreclosed, mooted, or otherwise resolved.[/quote']

WOW ! Joe Blow broke out the dictionary........

this is a comment to the interception comment earlier. Just b/c someone leads in interceptions doesn't mean he is the best DB in the District. There might be 6-8 other DB's in the District that are better and have shut down teams but not got picks. You can have 5 picks and get beat just as many times and that will kill you. thats why you can't go by stats' date=' you have to go by difference in game planning and what he did.[/quote']

Plus, teams will stay away from certain DB's to avoid the picks........So they don't get as many opportunities to make a play.

Guest BobcatBeliever

We can battle this subject back and forth for days and pages. bcrunningback feels he is defending his team, and he should. That's what team players do. We, the people from OF, defend our QB because he did produce and he had one heck of a year so that's what we should do. Back our kids. But I will tell you all this about Brett. I ran into him in the store a few minutes ago and I told him how proud I was of him and what a great year he had and that everybody knows it. He looked at me, gave me a big hug, smiled and simply said, "Thank you". He didn't whine, complain or make any excuses nor did he say anything negative about Johnny or BC. The character that he displayed, in what has to be tremendous disappointment for a kid, is enough in itself. His parents and family should be nothing less than proud of him.

Can't speak to why Brett Ramsey wasn't picked, but I certainly don't have a problem with why Dishon was picked.

http://www.panews.com/sports/local_story_333215805.html

I don't see a reason to bring Dishon into a comparison with Ramsey in order to make a point here. Ask the question, "Why wasn't Ramsey picked?" Answer, "Don't know". Ask "Why was Dishon picked?" Obvious to me, but you can read it for yourself.

Stir the pot, beat the dead horse, talk it into the ground, it's yesterday's news now, and regardless of who might think it was an injustice, it's done. Time to move on.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33