Silsbee vs Huffman

BADSANTA

Who will win in their 4th meeting?   

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win in their 4th meeting?

• Silsbee
    • Huffman

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="only_one" post="1106546" timestamp="1320548849"]
Should be a good one.  Huffman got their first win vs Silsbee last year.  Does anyone know if Reed is going to play or not?  I am taking Huffman by a TD. Their defense will tough for Silsbee to handle.  Good luck to both teams.
[/quote]

:o

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1106929" timestamp="1320601999"]
What's going on with the Quarterback situation in Silsbee? Anyone know what's up with Reed and Drake.
[/quote]

Reed is injured, was on the sidelines in street clothes Friday night at HF. Not sure what the extent of his injury is.

Drake for now is the starting QB with Turk the backup. Probably see the JV QB Gore added to the varsity roster for the playoffs along with a few other JV players.

I am not ruling out that Reed could practice this week and end up starting Saturday, but for now, it's Drake.

If Silsbee feeds their ball carriers and steer away from throwing the ball 56 times a game, they can beat Huffman. As flashy as Huffman's passing attack appears to be, it's fairly simple. The swing to Grey and get the ball to Hardy. When pressured, Townley is horrible. IF you give him time he will destroy you. Being that it is Silsbee, who always has athletes, so they should be able to pressure him I say they win. Run the ball, limit the interceptions, and pressure the quarterback.

I know Drake is going to come out his play his heart out. I hope Silsbee can get an effective ground game going so he doesn't have to throw over 20 times Saturday night. If they run The ball and keep the ball away from Huffman, they may have a chance of winning. Who knows!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1107122" timestamp="1320615416"]
Honestly Silsbee's secondary is a big concern. Huffman throws the ball 8 out of 10 plays. Can they handle that match up. I'm sure Silsbee's offense can get something going but they better rotate the QB's.
[/quote]

As a team, Silsbee has 17 interceptions on the season. That is almost 2 a game for that secondary. Not too shabby.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1107131" timestamp="1320615784"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=90979.msg1107122#msg1107122 date=1320615416]
Honestly Silsbee's secondary is a big concern. Huffman throws the ball 8 out of 10 plays. Can they handle that match up. I'm sure Silsbee's offense can get something going but they better rotate the QB's.
[/quote]

As a team, Silsbee has 17 interceptions on the season. That is almost 2 a game for that secondary. Not too shabby.
[/quote]

No it's not but name one team who throws as much as Huffman that Silsbee has played. They only run once or twice a drive just to keep the defense honest to pass.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1107209" timestamp="1320621137"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=90979.msg1107131#msg1107131 date=1320615784]
[/quote]

[/quote]

No it's not but name one team who throws as much as Huffman that Silsbee has played. They only run once or twice a drive just to keep the defense honest to pass.
[/quote]

Good stategy, Claus - rotate the quarterbacks to help your suspect secondary. ???

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1107209" timestamp="1320621137"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=90979.msg1107131#msg1107131 date=1320615784]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
good, the more pass attempts, the more chances for a big pick 6! our secondary is all about the big play. Go ahead and give em a chance to make it. And Huffman would be required to score 3 or 4 tds to win by that many, and thats saying silsbee doesn't score. Huffman is about to catch a good case of the Horns!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder