20 4A MVP?

badndn

So who is it? try not to be a Homer!  

191 members have voted

1. 1. So who is it? try not to be a Homer!

• Carson Raines (QB) - Nederland
    • Troy Benjamin (RB) - Nederland
    • Chase Bertrand (RB) - PNG
    • Jayce Nelson (WR) - PNG
    • Montana Quirante (QB/LB) - Vidor
    • Brentyn Clark (RB) - Vidor
    • Trey Green (QB) - Ozen
    • Jakobi Jones (RB) - Ozen
    • Chevoski Collins (QB/DB) - Livingston
    • Antonio White (RB) - Livingston

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1100965" timestamp="1320093465"]
No brainer.

Quirante    Vidor
[/quote]
Didn't impress me Friday night. They actually moved the ball better when they switched QBs. Before you Vidor folks start flippin' out, I'm not saying he is not a good player. Just saying take him off that team and Vidor is still pretty good.

Green gets my vote. As Green goes so goes Ozen.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="badndn" post="1100971" timestamp="1320093655"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=90755.msg1100965#msg1100965 date=1320093465]
No brainer.

Quirante    Vidor
[/quote]
Didn't impress me Friday night. They actually moved the ball better when they switched QBs. Before you Vidor folks start flippin' out, I'm not saying he is not a good player. Just saying take him off that team and Vidor is still pretty good.

[/quote]
Your right. He did have a not so good game against yall. But isn't every player allowed to have a bad game? I mean passing wise your QB and receivers were held to 99 yards when yall were averaging almost 200 passing a game. And We held your offense to 282 yards when yall were averaging 395 yards a game but that doesn't mean your offense is loosing it. IMO Montana is the MVP because of what he has been doing this entire season. Playing both sides of the ball. In the top three tacklers in the Vidor defense and until this week was leading the rushing yards and passing yards in the Vidor offense. And all this while playing Middle Linebacker. Oh and might I add that this is his first year to ever play QB or offense for that matter.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1100985" timestamp="1320094241"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=90755.msg1100971#msg1100971 date=1320093655]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=90755.msg1100965#msg1100965 date=1320093465]
No brainer.

Quirante    Vidor
[/quote]

[/quote]
Your right. He did have a not so good game against yall. But isn't every player allowed to have a bad game? I mean passing wise your QB and receivers were held to 99 yards when yall were averaging almost 200 passing a game. And We held your offense to 282 yards when yall were averaging 395 yards a game but that doesn't mean your offense is loosing it. IMO Montana is the MVP because of what he has been doing this entire season. Playing both sides of the ball. In the top three tacklers in the Vidor defense and until this week was leading the rushing yards and passing yards in the Vidor offense. And all this while playing Middle Linebacker. Oh and might I add that this is his first year to ever play QB or offense for that matter.
[/quote]
Maybe, but I still say Green is more improtant to his teams success.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="badndn" post="1101005" timestamp="1320095020"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90755.msg1100985#msg1100985 date=1320094241]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=90755.msg1100971#msg1100971 date=1320093655]
No brainer.

Quirante    Vidor
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Maybe, but I still say Green is more improtant to his teams success.
[/quote]
And you have that right but MVP is a lot of things. IMO MVP means coming through when your team needs you and Montana did that in the Vidor Ozen game with a last minute 30 yard pass (which is pretty big for a slot t offense) and won the game. Green didn't. IMO that's what separates Green and Quirante.

Ok.  My choice would be a defensive player.  Give me one of the bigs up front for Nederland or the Safety from PN-G.  Also, you can't go wrong with the Vidor QB.  Seeing him wreck shop on both sides of the ball was impressive.  If you made me go offensive side of the ball, It's out of # 4 for PN-G or #1 for Ozen. 

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1101020" timestamp="1320095556"]
Ok.  My choice would be a defensive player.  Give me one of the bigs up front for Nederland or the Safety from PN-G.  Also, you can't go wrong with the Vidor QB.  Seeing him wreck shop on both sides of the ball was impressive.  If you made me go offensive side of the ball, It's out of # 4 for PN-G or #1 for Ozen.
[/quote]
Wait...is this an offensive and defensive MVP?

[quote name="badndn" post="1100971" timestamp="1320093655"]
No brainer.

Quirante    Vidor
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh you are going to hear it now.  ;D

I would have to say Quirante from Vidor and I can honestly say its not a homer pick..Kid plays both ways about 99% of the snaps.Hyper extended his elbow in the 3rd quarter of the Ned game and came back in at the start of the 4th quarter and played at a high level.Played the next 2 weeks with his arm in a soft cast.

[quote name="pirate68" post="1101065" timestamp="1320099063"]
I would have to say Quirante from Vidor and I can honestly say its not a homer pick..Kid plays both ways about 99% of the snaps.Hyper extended his elbow in the 3rd quarter of the Ned game and came back in at the start of the 4th quarter and played at a high level.Played the next 2 weeks with his arm in a soft cast.
[/quote]

Every kid plays with injuries.  Powell in the same game on defense dislocated his knee on defense and had an MCL strain got his knee wrapped on the sideline and came in three plays later to finish the game at QB and on defense.  ask the Nederland fans on the comeback he put together in that game.  Sorry but every kid on every team has some sort of injury.  No heroics just playing the game.

Quirante=== Rushing he is neck and neck with Clark for the team lead, Passing leads the team, and I believe he leads the team in TDs---- and he is an absolute beast on defense and I'm pretty sure he leads the team in tackles....he should be an easy pick for MVP

MVP- Montana Quirante - Vidor
    Off MVP-Trey Green - Ozen
    Def MVP- Corbin Carr - Nederland
    Coach of the year - Neumann - Nederland

It would not surprise me if none of these where picked because there are so many good players to choose from this year. These are just some that come to mind that I think are very deserving and should be mentioned when your talking mvp's.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83