RSS vs BH : 2012

Guest UHCoog14

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1100790" timestamp="1320085519"]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=90726.msg1100783#msg1100783 date=1320084919]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=90726.msg1100724#msg1100724 date=1320081894]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=90726.msg1100712#msg1100712 date=1320081468]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=90726.msg1100695#msg1100695 date=1320080999]
I would like to see BH whoop on Sterling,or try their luck at North Shore.Getting a 5A team in predistrict would be great.
[/quote]

What good would it do North Shore to play BH? It's a "no win" situation.

If they win, they were supposed to. If by some miracle they lose, then they got problems, big problems.

There are plenty of good 4A's around here to give yourself some competition:  Manvel, Dawson, Friendswood, Brenham, Stratford.

Don't let one 10-0 season impair your judgement.
[/quote]they were 10-0 on 06 it impaired their judgement then to. They have a very heavy senior class talent wise remind me of 07 lumberton. I think they will have alot of trouble wining games next year against any competition
[/quote]
Dont take me so seriously,there is no way I'd like to see BH lose to North Shore or the U of H or that matter,I was trying to make a point.BH doesnt need to play 5a schools at all,good or bad.But they do need to play good 4a schools.
[/quote]

This is a forum of learn-ed doctors. We take everything seriously.
[/quote]
8)

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1100724" timestamp="1320081894"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=90726.msg1100712#msg1100712 date=1320081468]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=90726.msg1100695#msg1100695 date=1320080999]
I would like to see BH whoop on Sterling,or try their luck at North Shore.Getting a 5A team in predistrict would be great.
[/quote]

What good would it do North Shore to play BH? It's a "no win" situation.

If they win, they were supposed to. If by some miracle they lose, then they got problems, big problems.

There are plenty of good 4A's around here to give yourself some competition:  Manvel, Dawson, Friendswood, Brenham, Stratford.

Don't let one 10-0 season impair your judgement.
[/quote]they were 10-0 on 06 it impaired their judgement then to. They have a very heavy senior class talent wise remind me of 07 lumberton. I think they will have alot of trouble wining games next year against any competition
[/quote]

I think that is wishful Bronco thinking. We are losing a lot, but we have an undefeated JV that will help with a 3 year starting QB at the helm not to mention one of our best athletes will be returning from a knee injury his Sophmore year. The last couple of games we have been putting a Sophmore running back in the back field and he has 33 attempts for 205 yards averaging 6.21 yards a carry and 2 TD's. Also a Junior that has 27 attemps 175 yards averaging 6.48 yards a carry with 2 TD's.We have a good group coming back just wait and see 8)

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1100816" timestamp="1320086806"]
How many of your starters are graduating not to mention your best linebacker core ever by your own admission. I think you have 1 linebacker coming back. Say what you want your losing a ton.
[/quote]

I acknowledge that, but I also know whats coming and it will not be as big of a drop off as you think 8)

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="BHFAN" post="1100842" timestamp="1320088052"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=90726.msg1100816#msg1100816 date=1320086806]
How many of your starters are graduating not to mention your best linebacker core ever by your own admission. I think you have 1 linebacker coming back. Say what you want your losing a ton.
[/quote]

I acknowledge that, but I also know whats coming and it will not be as big of a drop off as you think 8)
[/quote]

That group of LB's is special. You will not replace them for a while. Keep trying to convience yourself it will be ok. 

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1100857" timestamp="1320088659"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=90726.msg1100842#msg1100842 date=1320088052]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=90726.msg1100816#msg1100816 date=1320086806]
[/quote]

[/quote]

That group of LB's is special. You will not replace them for a while. Keep trying to convience yourself it will be ok.
[/quote]

I never thought about that :o your right we probally will only win two games next year (Dayton and GCM)

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1100917" timestamp="1320091147"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=90726.msg1100857#msg1100857 date=1320088659]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=90726.msg1100842#msg1100842 date=1320088052]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I never thought about that :o your right we probally will only win two games next year (Dayton and GCM)
[/quote]i agree our tennis team has a lot of improving to do before they reach bh status.

I hope the RSS coach went to the GCM BH game because the same offense sure looked a lot different. BH ran it pretty good, lots of misdirection, lots of short quick passes, multiple options on each play. When RSS runs it, the QB never pitches it when he keeps it and the passes are usually long hail mary passes instead of the quick hitters that BH ran. I know BH is on year two of running the system but this isnt rocket science.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="joebob" post="1100951" timestamp="1320092603"]
I hope the RSS coach went to the GCM BH game because the same offense sure looked a lot different. BH ran it pretty good, lots of misdirection, lots of short quick passes, multiple options on each play. When RSS runs it, the QB never pitches it when he keeps it and the passes are usually long hail mary passes instead of the quick hitters that BH ran. I know BH is on year two of running the system but this isnt rocket science.
[/quote]

Do you think BH ran the offense as effectively in year 1 as they do this year?

The offense will work. It's the execution that has to be polished.

Actually yes they looked pretty good last year when they played GCM correct? I have not seen the plays that BH ran from the RSS offense this year. In fact almost all of what I see are the FB dives and the QB keeper. At the younger level I can assure you 99% of the plays are FB dives into a wall of defenders with a roll out QB throw that is just a prayer and a back side screen that has yet to work.  More misdirection and less FB dives please.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1101397" timestamp="1320156680"]
[quote author=joebob link=topic=90726.msg1100951#msg1100951 date=1320092603]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="joebob" post="1101785" timestamp="1320173950"]
Actually yes they looked pretty good last year when they played GCM correct? I have not seen the plays that BH ran from the RSS offense this year. In fact almost all of what I see are the FB dives and the QB keeper. At the younger level I can assure you 99% of the plays are FB dives into a wall of defenders with a roll out QB throw that is just a prayer and a back side screen that has yet to work.  More misdirection and less FB dives please.

[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=90726.msg1101397#msg1101397 date=1320156680]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Every offense looked good against GCM last year.

I really think you will see a difference at RSS next year. The only downside is that we are rumored to be getting Kingwood and Atascocita back in our district.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1100645" timestamp="1320078113"]
I want to see someone on BH's schedule like LaMarque, [b]Dawson[/b], Manvel, Friendswood, Brenham, Humble or [b]PNG[/b]! you could throw a 5 A in there,but these would be a good start ;D
[/quote]

Those are our predistricts leave them alone u can have the rest.

BH schedule...

Manvel/ La Marque
Nederland
Brenham

Win those 3 your destined for a state run. =P any year.

Also their is some speculation Dawson might go 5a. (Could you imagine how amazing Pearland would be if Dawson had never come to be)

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1101397" timestamp="1320156680"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You know when I first heard what the new staff was going to run, I was one of the big doubters because of the personnel we had. But after watching this staff hone it on these youngsters, it's impressive. And every game you can see there is room for improvement, so we can get better. I guess it doesn't matter what offense you run if you believe in it and know how to coach it. I'm a believer now.

dunno how much money gccisd gets off of games but you'd figure there would be monetary reasons to keep the lee/sterling game...there are by far more people at that game than any other for each team the past several years...you get rid of that game you'd figure they would lose some money...barber's hill may travel to watch them play sterling with no prob but the sterling folks won't care and no one outside of the players families and band/cheerleaders families and a few students will show...sterling/lee is another story, people come watch that just for the heck of it...obviously that is a result of the product on the field and if sterling was good more would come regardless of the opponent but still, even when either sterling or lee are good its hard to top the attendance numbers for either team for any game minus playoffs compared to the sterling/lee game...

that said, i figured they wouldve started sterling and gcm playing a couple years ago to get some money and interest going in that game and they havent...so who knows what they are thinking in the administration office...

[quote name="joebob" post="1101894" timestamp="1320185296"]
Instead of who? Man i dont get it, why arent we rumored to get in a district with gcm, bh and lee? What does York have against having 3 4a high schools?
[/quote]Sterling has too many students to go down to 4-A I believe.

Considering Lee is probably way under the 4A mark it should be do-able as in next week. What is the purpose of having one of the smallest 5a schools in the state? The district increases travel costs and outside of Laporte does not have a rivalry feel to it. All of baytown mixed with BH, crosby and Dayton would be awesome. GCCISD could easily reallocate the kids to make it happen but I have a feeling it has to do with $$$ regardless of what is best for the kids. Sending RSS up against schools like NS isnt fair, we might as well be 4a. And yes I know, even at the 4a level RSS would not be great but atleast the playing field would be level.

Rumor is school board would vote to do it but Toby York wont even listen to it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder