WOS @ Silsbee poll

Guest CTH13

who takes it?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. who takes it?

• WOS
    • Silsbee

My thing is sometimes some teams have all the big stats in the game and still not win stat we killed bridge city and they did not cross mid field the whole first half and we lost our QB in the first half we had costly penalties at the 2 yard line that stopped us from winning so that's on us it will be a defensive game and either of these teams could win west orange had lots of trouble with Hampshire fannet and orangefield too so this is an evenly matched game good luck to both teams

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="the-riot07" post="1094404" timestamp="1319595151"]
Like i said 2 days ago, who has sisbee beat to think they are sooo good? Newton a soid 2a schoo? haha I mean i know sisbee is a good team, but people from sisbee are acting like wos doesnt have a chance! I mean i might be crazy but arent we (wos) the only undefeated team in district? Arent we the team that found a way to beat the team silsbee coudnt find a way to beat in BC? Wow ya'l are right we have no chance against sisbee! HAHA
[/quote]

Are they playing Silsbee or Sisbee? I know WOS can beat Sisbee but vs Silsbee, it should be a great game. The Sisbee Thundercats! Lol

[quote name="MBaller#1" post="1094644" timestamp="1319638607"]
Look man I really don't think schedules or any of that matters when these 2 get together yeah Silsbee gave up a lot of points against other teams that's been happening for years and really the reason we haven't advanced father in the playoffs but this years defense is a little different the offense will be fine as west orange will see people must not forget [color=red][b]we beat ourselves[/b][/color] against bridge city 6 ints and only 6 points and we still [color=red][b]could have won[/b][/color] with our backup quarterback if Silsbee runs more of a west coast type of offense against west orange and use their running backs correctly they will win
[/quote]

That's a bunch of "could'a would'a should'a" right there!!

[quote author=MBaller#1 link=topic=90254.msg1094691#msg1094691 date=1319642496]
My thing is sometimes some teams have all the big stats in the game and still not win stat we killed bridge city and they did not cross mid field the whole first half and we lost our QB in the first half we had costly [color=red][b]penalties at the 2 yard line that stopped us from winning[/b] [/color] so that's on us it will be a defensive game and either of these teams could win west orange had lots of trouble with Hampshire fannet and orangefield too so this is an evenly matched game good luck to both teams
[/quote]

Something tells me BC's defense had a hand in that outcome as well. You make it sound sound like Silsbee played "The University of Phoenix On Line" and that the other team had no say in the outcome. No you didn't play your best game but did you ever think BC made the plays it needed to make in order to win the game?? The exact same thing can be said for BC against WO-S. The Mustangs did just enough to win and nothing can change that outcome no matter how you decide to rationalize it.

Rake1

I for one will not take anything away from BCin beating the Tigers, they did make the plays they needed to make. But the Tigers helped them at times with mistakes. That fist and goal from the 2  turned into first and goal from the 17 after three straight Tiger penalties.

[quote name="the-riot07" post="1095336" timestamp="1319674310"]
People from silsbee remind me of sad cowboy fans! Their is no such thing as beating yourself when their is another team on the field! Some how some way they made the plays to win the game and y'all didn't! Get over it!
[/quote]

Difference is, Silsbee has an awesome record...Cowboys don't...

Silsbee will take care of business...

Not making an excuse, like I said BC made the plays. They could have dropped the ball on a couple of those ints and it may have made a difference  they didnt they made the plays.  The penalties arent an excuse just a fact, BC still kept us outof the endzone.

[quote name="rleefelt" post="1095365" timestamp="1319675561"]
From what I read about last weeks game, Silsbee has a QB controversy.  The Drake kid did a very good job of running the offense.
[/quote]

No controversy...this ain't the NFL...the coach will start who he wants to and take it from there.

[quote name="Rake1" post="1095251" timestamp="1319667961"]
[quote author=MBaller#1 link=topic=90254.msg1094644#msg1094644 date=1319638607]
Look man I really don't think schedules or any of that matters when these 2 get together yeah Silsbee gave up a lot of points against other teams that's been happening for years and really the reason we haven't advanced father in the playoffs but this years defense is a little different the offense will be fine as west orange will see people must not forget [color=red][b]we beat ourselves[/b][/color] against bridge city 6 ints and only 6 points and we still [color=red][b]could have won[/b][/color] with our backup quarterback if Silsbee runs more of a west coast type of offense against west orange and use their running backs correctly they will win
[/quote]

That's a bunch of "could'a would'a should'a" right there!!

[quote author=MBaller#1 link=topic=90254.msg1094691#msg1094691 date=1319642496]
My thing is sometimes some teams have all the big stats in the game and still not win stat we killed bridge city and they did not cross mid field the whole first half and we lost our QB in the first half we had costly [color=red][b]penalties at the 2 yard line that stopped us from winning[/b] [/color] so that's on us it will be a defensive game and either of these teams could win west orange had lots of trouble with Hampshire fannet and orangefield too so this is an evenly matched game good luck to both teams
[/quote]

Something tells me BC's defense had a hand in that outcome as well. You make it sound sound like Silsbee played "The University of Phoenix On Line" and that the other team had no say in the outcome. No you didn't play your best game but did you ever think BC made the plays it needed to make in order to win the game?? The exact same thing can be said for BC against WO-S. The Mustangs did just enough to win and nothing can change that outcome no matter how you decide to rationalize it.

Rake1

[/quote]
I kinda like his way of thinkin, Rake. That way, my Mustangs are undefeated. We beat BC, OF, HF, Kirbyville, and we beat WO-S three times!

Going to be a tough one for both teams. As much as I hate to say it, if the wos offense can't find a way to get things going and score some points the tigers will hand them their second district loss since coming into 21-3a. You can't expect your special teams to score all your points. At some point wos opponents will get smart and stop kicking it deep. When that happens where will the points come from?

[quote name="bdm06" post="1096605" timestamp="1319772241"]
Going to be a tough one for both teams. As much as I hate to say it, if the wos offense can't find a way to get things going and score some points the tigers will hand them their second district loss since coming into 21-3a. You can't expect your special teams to score all your points. At some point wos opponents will get smart and stop kicking it deep. When that happens where will the points come from?
[/quote]

Yes it is a point of concern no doubt about it.I know we have had injuries but I for one have not seen a great deal of improvement that you would expect to see eight games into the season.Our defense and special teams keeps us in the games so you never can count us out.

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1096921" timestamp="1319810162"]
[quote author=stigers12 link=topic=90254.msg1096887#msg1096887 date=1319807991]
Yall keep saying the special teams and defense keeps you in the games...[b]well what happens when you meet a team with just as good a special teams, and a better defense??[/b]
[/quote]

Hope their offense sucks!
[/quote]
Haha! sounds like a recipe for an excellent game!

[quote name="GUNHO" post="1096854" timestamp="1319805217"]
[quote author=bdm06 link=topic=90254.msg1096605#msg1096605 date=1319772241]
[/quote]

Yes it is a point of concern no doubt about it.I know we have had injuries but I for one have not seen a great deal of improvement that you would expect to see eight games into the season.Our defense and special teams keeps us in the games so you never can count us out.
[/quote]

I agree. It actually seems like the offense has been going down hill since the nederland game. Everyone is either blind or in denial when they say our offense will be fine. I have heard this for weeks now and it still seems as though they are not improving. They only produced 19 yds in the first half against b.c. That doesnt seem fine to me.

[quote name="stigers12" post="1096887" timestamp="1319807991"]
Yall keep saying the special teams and defense keeps you in the games...well what happens when you meet a team with just as good a special teams, and a better defense??
[/quote]

If our O can't put enough points on the board...what differance does it make how good a defense is. ;D
Oh and if your saying Silsbee's defense is better than WO-S...That's a stretch.Will find out tonight if me or you know what we are talking about. ;D

heck i will give you a better one than that  smiles (1) first down agnest HF at hafetime. IMO the play calling by the OC  (STINKS) this one sticks out in my old mind 3 down and less than a inc  the OC calls for a time out and opens his play book lets see here this play just might work FG time and missed it not to smart becouse lindsey was haveing a good game .

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder