Huffman vs Cleveland

Guest beechnut

Guest beechnut
Who you got? Just  a throw down for Coach Mac and his staff bc I think this is the longest streak that we have had of making the playoffs over the last several years. We are no longer the doormats tht we were for so long moons ago. Have had a good run and looks like the pipeline is loaded with talent. See you guys in Cleveland on friday.

Wasnt Huffman 4a in 07.  When did Huffman drop from 4a. Huffman should never be a doormat in 3a with the numbers they have. They have 4a enrollment.. I wonder how reallignments will affect them.  But congrats to the coaching staff for getting the kids to play and build a successful program

Guest beechnut
[quote name="setx22-3a" post="1085865" timestamp="1318860648"]
Wasnt Huffman 4a in 07.  When did Huffman drop from 4a. Huffman should never be a doormat in 3a with the numbers they have. They have 4a enrollment.. I wonder how reallignments will affect them.  But congrats to the coaching staff for getting the kids to play and build a successful program
[/quote]
I think we are still about thirty to sixty below last time numbers but we were HORRIBLE even when we had big numbers in 3a. We were four a for two years BUT when they open Atascocita many left or stop moving here from accross the lake.

Huffman should win this game.  Watched the CS and Clev. game and was not impressed.  Franks is overrated but then again CS is freakin good. They fly to the football and get pressure.  Good luck to Huffman, i want to see 2 undefeated district teams play late in the year (CS vs. HUFFMAN) so i hope they take care of business

[quote name="Firstdown" post="1086030" timestamp="1318869468"]
I think Cleveland will win it by at least one touchdown. The both played Shepherd about the same. They are a good matchup.
[/quote]

Wow I never seen so many people judge teams by one game ::). How bout you look at the Splendora games too. Cleveland almost lost Huffman blew em out had over 500 total yards and held Splendora to 80, but none of that matters anyway. Huffman wins going away.

im with falconfanatic.. look at the season, not just shepherd. Cleveland has struggled more thru the district schedule week in and out. Huffman seems to be playin some good football and they did beat liberty.. Who was gettin a lot of hype at the time of the defeat

I think Cleveland will win it by at least one touchdown. The both played Shepherd about the same. They are a good matchup.
[/quote]

Are you freaking kidding me? Cleveland will down big before halftime. That spread of HH is money and given a little bit of time, Townley will pick them apart. HH D brings it as well. Sheperd got like negative yards in the 2nd half and HH scored like 28 unanswered points in the 2nd half.  HH by 35 at least!

[quote name="setx22-3a" post="1085865" timestamp="1318860648"]
[/quote]
How does Huffman have 4A numbers? Liberty and Cleveland were formerly in 4A also. By your logic they should be 4A. Huffman is not the largest school in the district and they have 3A numbers and will be 3A for the next several years. Get a grip and quit making excuses.

[/quote]
You need to check with the Liberty fans. They used the same thought process. Cleveland is better than they were last year but they are not in the same solar system with Huffman.

Falcon89 their is no making excuses..[quote name="89falcon" post="1086441" timestamp="1318897172"]
[quote author=setx22-3a link=topic=89978.msg1085865#msg1085865 date=1318860648]
[/quote]
How does Huffman have 4A numbers? Liberty and Cleveland were formerly in 4A also. By your logic they should be 4A. Huffman is not the largest school in the district and they have 3A numbers and will be 3A for the next several years. Get a grip and quit making excuses.
[/quote]

Just asking a question.. man can we say a little defensive. I think i have the right to ask when u were a 4a about 5 yrs ago.. Plus Im a TROJAN so I have no need to worry or complain.. We get it down at a very high level with half the kids soo..

[quote name="setx22-3a" post="1086845" timestamp="1318950175"]
Falcon89 their is no making excuses..[quote author=89falcon link=topic=89978.msg1086441#msg1086441 date=1318897172]
[quote author=setx22-3a link=topic=89978.msg1085865#msg1085865 date=1318860648]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Just asking a question.. man can we say a little defensive. I think i have the right to ask when u were a 4a about 5 yrs ago.. Plus Im a TROJAN so I have no need to worry or complain.. We get it down at a very high level with half the kids soo..
[/quote]

I guess I dont understand your question???????????? I think Huffman has a D. Just look at the stats! MAybe not shutting folk out like CS but holding teams to minimum yards and scores! Let me tell ya a little somethin, Huffman is not going into the CS game expecting to lose! ANDDDDDDD it dont matter how many kids in the school SOOOOOOOOOOO! See ya next week!

I had hoped the program at Cleveland would have gelled and be as good as they were under Tullos.  They have athletes there.  But, they cannot run with Huffman, unless Huffman comes out flat again like they did in Shepherd.  If they let Cleveland gain some confidence, it could be a ball game, but it shouldn't be.  Huffman is clearly the better team this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder