What's wrong with WOS varsity? ?

I think not keeping Coach Toby Foreman was a mistake by Coach Thompson and it has hurt the team more than anyone would have thought.

I know Coach Thompson believes in a strong running game and great defense but Coach Foreman's spread offense suits the skills of the mustang players better IMHO.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bigred360" post="1079647" timestamp="1318303714"]
I think not keeping Coach Toby Foreman was a mistake by Coach Thompson and it has hurt the team more than anyone would have thought.

I know Coach Thompson believes in a strong running game and great defense but Coach Foreman's spread offense suits the skills of the mustang players better IMHO.
[/quote]

Once again Toby left on his own. It was his choice to leave.

[quote name="td" post="1079659" timestamp="1318305174"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=89570.msg1079647#msg1079647 date=1318303714]

[/quote]

Once again Toby left on his own. It was his choice to leave.
[/quote]

That may be the party line at WO-S but I still don't buy it. It makes no sense. Why leave a COORDINATOR job at a state powerhouse to be a POSITION COACH at a school thats best years are behind it. Something isn't right here.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1079661" timestamp="1318305534"]
Well, he wasn't going to be the OC under Coach Thompson so the writing was on the wall so to speak. BTW, I think you know my sister Kim Rose (married to Darwin Brack).
[/quote]

I just met her this weekend.

I disagree that the writing was on the wall. He always intended to leave if he didn't get the head job. Those words from his mouth to my ears. He told me that right after he applied and long before any decision was to be made.

TD do you think after coach thompson leaves will coach foreman put his name in the hat agan . there was a lot of names as the SUPT told me that wanted this job very bad not only coaches in texas but across this great country of ours.wo-s has a few people in there coaching staff that would fit in when coach thompson packs it up when he is ready and i hope no time soon  ;). ok now IMO coach foreman should have stayed no matter what there is more to all of this story that we will ever know :-X

Just a question...so dont hammer me! ;D  When Coach Crouch left....did the production drop a little?

I am not saying anything bad about Coach Forman.  I know that the kids and WOS family liked him.  So his coaching abilities must me top notch.  But from the outside it kinda looks like the production somewhat went down after Crouch left.

Give Thompson time.  You have to give him a couple of seasons. 

[quote name="td" post="1079715" timestamp="1318333375"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=89570.msg1079661#msg1079661 date=1318305534]
Well, he wasn't going to be the OC under Coach Thompson so the writing was on the wall so to speak. BTW, I think you know my sister Kim Rose (married to Darwin Brack).
[/quote]

I disagree that the writing was on the wall. He always intended to leave if he didn't get the head job. Those words from his mouth to my ears. He told me that right after he applied and long before any decision was to be made.
[/quote]Dont know much about the situation but it never hurts a coach to have worked at different places before he gets an AD job. Kinda pads the resume  I guess.

[quote name="td" post="1079715" timestamp="1318333375"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

He told me the exact same thing. In fact, we spent, literally, hours on the phone with me trying to talk him out of it, but he had his mind set. He had logical reasons why he didn't want to stay that, in the end, were hard to argue with, but the bottom line is he was not staying if he didn't get the job. Period.

I love Toby, he is as much Blue and Silver as Coach Thompson and I HATED to see him leave. But he had his reasons and ultimately, you had to respect his decision, but they were made LONG before the head coach decision was made.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1079834" timestamp="1318348657"]
[quote author=td link=topic=89570.msg1079715#msg1079715 date=1318333375]
[/quote]

[/quote]

He told me the exact same thing. In fact, we spent, literally, hours on the phone with me trying to talk him out of it, but he had his mind set. He had logical reasons why he didn't want to say that, in the end, were hard to argue with, but the bottom line is he was not staying if he didn't get the job. Period.

I love Toby, he is as much Blue and Silver as Coach Thompson and I HATED to see him leave. But he had his reasons and ultimately, you had to respect his decision, [b]but they were made LONG before the head coach decision was made.[/b]
[/quote]

I can vouch for that. Had the same conversation.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1079834" timestamp="1318348657"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

He told me the exact same thing. In fact, we spent, literally, hours on the phone with me trying to talk him out of it, but he had his mind set. He had logical reasons why he didn't want to say that, in the end, were hard to argue with, but the bottom line is he was not staying if he didn't get the job. Period.

I love Toby, he is as much Blue and Silver as Coach Thompson and I HATED to see him leave. But he had his reasons and ultimately, you had to respect his decision, but they were made LONG before the head coach decision was made.
[/quote]

I am still holding out hope that he will come back as the OC while Coach T is still at the helm. The sooner the better!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1079854" timestamp="1318351039"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=89570.msg1079834#msg1079834 date=1318348657]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I love Toby, he is as much Blue and Silver as Coach Thompson and I HATED to see him leave. But he had his reasons and ultimately, you had to respect his decision, [b]but they were made LONG before the head coach decision was made.[/b]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Was that conversation before or after Coach Hooks announced he was retiring?

[quote name="bigred360" post="1080153" timestamp="1318369734"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=89570.msg1079854#msg1079854 date=1318351039]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=89570.msg1079834#msg1079834 date=1318348657]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was that conversation before or after Coach Hooks announced he was retiring?
[/quote]

Actually, before. I was made aware of Hooks retiring before he announced it to the public.

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1078881" timestamp="1318257351"]
WO-S is not going to beat every team they play 50 points...That's just the way it is...JMO..Good Luck on the rest of your season..
[/quote]

WOS will be lucky to get past the first round. They not that good to me. They are small with some speed just like Kirbyville but are discipline and better at tackling from what i saw.

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1080174" timestamp="1318371186"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=89570.msg1078881#msg1078881 date=1318257351]
WO-S is not going to beat every team they play 50 points...That's just the way it is...JMO..Good Luck on the rest of your season..
[/quote]

WOS will be lucky to get past the first round. They not that good to me. They are small with some speed just like Kirbyville but are discipline and better at tackling from what i saw.
[/quote]55- 7 :o

Well, the whole thing doesn't make sense to me. One, the dude bleeds blue and silver. He just won the 3A track meet for the third time in a row. Second, his own father got the Orangefield job without being a OC or DC for the Mustangs.

So, you are telling me even though he put his name in the hat for the WO-S job he was leaving?

Then you are made aware Coach Hooks is retiring but you don't think Toby Foreman knew?

[quote name="bigred360" post="1080200" timestamp="1318372283"]
Well, the whole thing doesn't make sense to me. One, the dude bleeds blue and silver. He just won the 3A track meet for the third time in a row. Second, his own father got the Orangefield job without being a OC or DC for the Mustangs.

[b]So, you are telling me even though he put his name in the hat for the WO-S job he was leaving?[/b]
[/quote]

Unless he would have gotten the head coaching job.

wo-s is blessed to have a DC like the one thay got now he is one of the better ones around and as for coach foreman i am not to sure now if he will ever see the south forty agan you say the silver and blue still runs in his vains i dont belive that he was asked by alot of kids to please stay and you see what happned i have alway  enjoyed being around toby super good guy  and has a super father ontop of that. some of you relly know the true reason for leaving wo-s the kids loved him  dont you agree i wish him the best WOSgrad are aggie if this post is out of line delet it thanks

Thanks you as maybe some of my psychology classes paid off. That is my whole point. He was leaving because he knew who would get the job if he didn't.

Do you guys honestly believe everyone on every coaching staff in the state of Texas is buddy-buddy. No, there is a reason he was leaving WO-S but not for some position coaching job that is not near the class program that WO-S is.

Didn't his dad retire too?

[quote name="bigred360" post="1080210" timestamp="1318373403"]
Thanks you as maybe some of my psychology classes paid off. That is my whole point. He was leaving because he knew who would get the job if he didn't.

Do you guys honestly believe everyone on every coaching staff in the state of Texas is buddy-buddy. No, there is a reason he was leaving WO-S but not for some position coaching job that is not near the class program that WO-S is.

[/quote]

Actually, no he didn't know who was getting the job. And I'm not going to post on this message board the man's reason for leaving, but I will tell you your assessment is wrong. There is no point in speculating, I spoke with the man, you didn't. The argument is pointless...

[quote name="skipper" post="1079785" timestamp="1318343573"]
TD do you think after coach thompson leaves will coach foreman put his name in the hat agan . there was a lot of names as the SUPT told me that wanted this job very bad not only coaches in texas but across this great country of ours.wo-s has a few people in there coaching staff that would fit in when coach thompson packs it up when he is ready and i hope no time soon  ;). ok now IMO coach foreman should have stayed no matter what there is more to all of this story that we will ever know :-X
[/quote]

I have no idea, that wasn't part of the conversation I had with him.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1080200" timestamp="1318372283"]

So, you are telling me even though he put his name in the hat for the WO-S job he was leaving?

Then you are made aware Coach Hooks is retiring but you don't think Toby Foreman knew?
[/quote]

No, he was leaving if he didn't get the job. I agree with Gas, he had valid reasons that made it hard to argue with him. No hard feelings. Toby is still a Mustang and always will be.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1080360" timestamp="1318386815"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=89570.msg1080210#msg1080210 date=1318373403]

[/quote]

Actually, no he didn't know who was getting the job. And I'm not going to post on this message board the man's reason for leaving, but I will tell you your assessment is wrong. There is no point in speculating, I spoke with the man, you didn't. The argument is pointless...
[/quote]

Okay, I didnt' speak to the man but I know a lot of people in Orange. Not really due to anything about me but who some of my relatives are.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics