I hate to break everyone's hearts...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the topic of this thread,  without looking at the roster, I know just on the offensive side that the entire starting backfield of Clark, Bollinger and Smallwood are seniors, and  QB Austin Powell is also a senior.  Not to mention kicker Brandon Clayton.  That's losing some serious offensive production right there.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="1079385" timestamp="1318281441"]
Back to the topic of this thread,  without looking at the roster, I know just on the offensive side that the entire starting backfield of Clark, Bollinger and Smallwood are seniors, and  QB Austin Powell is also a senior.  Not to mention kicker Brandon Clayton.  That's losing some serious offensive production right there.
[/quote]
You have a point but you gotta remember Stevenson and Novak are coming back as well as Quirante and you also gotta take into consideration that the JV team is doing great. Undefeated so far if i remember right and the last team that went almost undefeated, our one loss was to PNG when Bolinger and Bertrand went back and forth all game, in a season was our seniors JV team.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="bulldogfan22" post="1079399" timestamp="1318282358"]
If this works so well for you, what happened the last few seasons?  ???
[/quote]
Different defense this year buddy  8)

I will agree that Vidor's pass defense has improved a lot, but the problem I have with believing in Vidor is they are so one dimensional. Its hard to go anywhere when you are a one dimensional team. Even if you do get to the playoffs, teams will eat you alive by stacking 8 or 9 in the box and manning up on the receivers. Same can be said for teams that are in spread and throw it 90% of the time. Thats why I am glad Nederland is back to a well balanced offense. I think we are close to 50/50 run/pass ratio. Gotta get a pass game together to be effective in the long run...

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="1079385" timestamp="1318281441"]
[/quote]

For you want to be investigators out there this isn’t me either.  ::)

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1079443" timestamp="1318286972"]
I will agree that Vidor's pass defense has improved a lot, but the problem I have with believing in Vidor is they are so one dimensional. Its hard to go anywhere when you are a one dimensional team. Even if you do get to the playoffs, teams will eat you alive by stacking 8 or 9 in the box and manning up on the receivers. Same can be said for teams that are in spread and throw it 90% of the time. Thats why I am glad Nederland is back to a well balanced offense. I think we are close to 50/50 run/pass ratio. Gotta get a pass game together to be effective in the long run...
[/quote]

Not to beat a dead horse here.  But if not for a 4th and 9 miracle chunck and catch you guys would be 2 and 1.  That was a pass for a TD at the end of the game that would have eat you.  We are passing more and more every game.

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="1079469" timestamp="1318288987"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=89536.msg1079443#msg1079443 date=1318286972]
[/quote]

Not to beat a dead horse here.  But if not for a 4th and 9 miracle chunck and catch you guys would be 2 and 1.  That was a pass for a TD at the end of the game that would have eat you.  We are passing more and more every game.
[/quote]

Thats the difference between knowing how to win close games and learning how to win close games.

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="1079469" timestamp="1318288987"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=89536.msg1079443#msg1079443 date=1318286972]
[/quote]

[/quote]Here we go with the Ifs and Buts..........

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="1079483" timestamp="1318290454"]
Got to love the Dog high jackers  You guys need to worry about Central.
[/quote]

last time I checked, this was a forum. forums usually mean anybody can post on a topic if they have an opinion on it. Call it a 4th and 9 miracle chunk if you want, but we completed a pass and Vidor failed to defend it. thats the difference between KNOWING how to win close games and LEARNING how to win close games. Vidor shouldve defended it better.. Only one thing matters in close games.. Nederland won and Vidor lost..

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1079496" timestamp="1318292125"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=89536.msg1079483#msg1079483 date=1318290454]
[/quote]

last time I checked, this was a forum. forums usually mean anybody can post on a topic if they have an opinion on it. Call it a 4th and 9 miracle chunk if you want, but we completed a pass and Vidor failed to defend it. thats the difference between KNOWING how to win close games and LEARNING how to win close games. Vidor shouldve defended it better.. Only one thing matters in close games.. Nederland won and Vidor lost..
[/quote]
I was waiting for you to show up.  8) God forbid someone actually think they had a chance to beat Nederland except Barbers Hill.  ::)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1079518" timestamp="1318293851"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=89536.msg1079496#msg1079496 date=1318292125]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=89536.msg1079483#msg1079483 date=1318290454]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I was waiting for you to show up.  8) God forbid someone actually think they had a chance to beat Nederland except Barbers Hill.  ::)
[/quote]

If you really want to bring it up,  Vidor had a chance 52 other times and fell short. :)

[quote name="bigdog" post="1079545" timestamp="1318295412"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=89536.msg1079518#msg1079518 date=1318293851]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=89536.msg1079496#msg1079496 date=1318292125]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

If you really want to bring it up,  Vidor had a chance 52 other times and fell short. :)
[/quote]

Ooops its Nederland.  We need a group hug

WO-S had a chance, Vidor had a chance, and PNG had a chance. All 3 fell short... Nobody is saying these teams didnt have a shot. I do not in any sense of the word believe that Nederland is a quote unquote elite team. I think they are improving every week and if they continue to do so then yes they can be an elite team. But they are certainly not unbeatable. I was only commenting on what the initial thread was about and what I thought Vidor needed to improve on, (a passing game). This wasnt a vidor vs. ned thing. that was settled a few weeks ago... no hug needed here. I will take the 5-1 record with a smile..

Can't never tell how returning players will work these Pirates hungry this YEAR. Just cause you coming back doesn't make you have the same hungry the next year. I say go fight win Pirates NOW 2011. This is a sound football team that doesn't beat themselves. Go Coach Matthews.

[quote name="mypooh" post="1079607" timestamp="1318299113"]
Can't never tell how returning players will work these Pirates hungry this YEAR. Just cause you coming back doesn't make you have the same hungry the next year. I say go fight win Pirates NOW 2011. This is a sound football team that doesn't beat themselves. Go Coach Matthews.
[/quote]

Good post! I agree.. Attack NOW! Next year is never guaranteed. Nederland went 3 or 4 years in a row losing their starting QB predistrict. Strike while the iron is hot. Hope we see you again in the playoffs but sorry to say it will be a similar outcome..  ;)

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1079631" timestamp="1318301223"]
[quote author=mypooh link=topic=89536.msg1079607#msg1079607 date=1318299113]
[/quote]

Good post! I agree.. Attack NOW! Next year is never guaranteed. Nederland went 3 or 4 years in a row losing their starting QB predistrict. Strike while the iron is hot. [u][b]Hope we see you again in the playoffs but sorry to say it will be a similar outcome[/b][/u]..  ;)
[/quote]
Idk about that. If it happens to be in the cards that we do see each other again i'm sure Bolinger will be back for that game and he will be looking for some payback  8)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1079653" timestamp="1318304152"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=89536.msg1079631#msg1079631 date=1318301223]
[quote author=mypooh link=topic=89536.msg1079607#msg1079607 date=1318299113]
[/quote]

Good post! I agree.. Attack NOW! Next year is never guaranteed. Nederland went 3 or 4 years in a row losing their starting QB predistrict. Strike while the iron is hot. [u][b]Hope we see you again in the playoffs but sorry to say it will be a similar outcome[/b][/u]..  ;)
[/quote]
Idk about that. If it happens to be in the cards that we do see each other again i'm sure Bolinger will be back for that game and he will be looking for some payback  8)
[/quote]

I can only hope and pray that we get Mr. Bollinger back and meet our non-rival Nederland in the second or third round of the playoffs....please dear Lord make that happen....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder