Shepherd@Coldspring

59n Sports

Everyone in the district knows Coldsprings is good....and hopefully will win state this year. Think it's sad that they feel the need to run down all the other teams in the 22-3A district like the kids don't work hard and play hard. It's very easy to be so critical of others when you are on the top but everyone knows that eventually everyone falls. Think they are a great team and would like them and thier supporters to make the 22-3 A district proud by being leaders and remembering that it's never fun to work your butt off and lose. Good luck to Coldspring Friday night and all those that follow.

[quote name="Bigdaddy79" post="1066981" timestamp="1317076962"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=88874.msg1066958#msg1066958 date=1317075392]
Coldspring wins :) :) :) :) :)This one over before it starts!!! Coldspring's JV could win this one.
[/quote]
I will agree with that, Maybe there freshman would give them a run like they did Tsrkington's JV team
That was Tarkington's freshman as well Coldsprings JV played someone else just fyi.

[quote name="SRP1" post="1067385" timestamp="1317133043"]

Everyone in the district knows Coldsprings is good....and hopefully will win state this year. Think it's sad that they feel the need to run down all the other teams in the 22-3A district like the kids don't work hard and play hard. It's very easy to be so critical of others when you are on the top but everyone knows that eventually everyone falls. Think they are a great team and would like them and thier supporters to make the 22-3 A district proud by being leaders and remembering that it's never fun to work your butt off and lose. Good luck to Coldspring Friday night and all those that follow.
[/quote]

Heres my take on that. With the small schools, you dont have the luxury of putting in 2nd and 3rd strings. We just dont have the numbers. So, scores may be lopsided because 1st string has to play the entire game. You cant have them kneel on the ball because that would be more of an embarrassment. You cant go anything less that full speed because you risk injury. So its a catch22. Do you embarrass the team by laying down or do you embarrass the team by beating them 60-7 OR  do you risk injury because you told your players to take it easy. The other team is working their butts off and I bet they would rather see your best than for you to lay down! IMO!!!!!!!!111

[quote name="bambam33" post="1067452" timestamp="1317138801"]
[quote author=SRP1 link=topic=88874.msg1067385#msg1067385 date=1317133043]

[/quote]

Heres my take on that. With the small schools, you dont have the luxury of putting in 2nd and 3rd strings. We just dont have the numbers. So, scores may be lopsided because 1st string has to play the entire game. You cant have them kneel on the ball because that would be more of an embarrassment. You cant go anything less that full speed because you risk injury. So its a catch22. Do you embarrass the team by laying down or do you embarrass the team by beating them 60-7 OR  do you risk injury because you told your players to take it easy. The other team is working their butts off and I bet they would rather see your best than for you to lay down! IMO!!!!!!!!111
[/quote]

Words hurt much more than points.... Most of the things being said are said by Fans and not Players...Good Luck to Coldspring on your season...

BigDaddy, Aren't you from Cleveland anyway? So jump on the band wagon while you can. We all know that Coldspring is a very good team and should win this game, but there is a reason that they play the game instead of just giving it to them. But with that said Coldspring should win easy. It is hard to watch a team that really does want to get over the hump but just can't seem to get there and then get on here and read these comments. Some of those boy on the Shepherd team work their butts off, it's  just too bad that you can't get most of the parents and other kids in the school to play and work hard.

So BigDaddy maybe you should worry a little more about Cleveland. I saw the game last Friday night agaist Shepherd and from what I saw Cleveland has their hands full just trying to get to the playoffs, They better start to worry with Coldspring, Huffman and Liberty. I would bet Cleveland is the odd man looking in when it is all said and done.

Coach Barbay do one for me, When you are beating Cleveland by 50, there is only 1 minute left in the game (with the outcome not in doubt) score one more time just for old Shepherd. What you say will you do that for me.

[quote name="idk" post="1067470" timestamp="1317140049"]
BigDaddy, Aren't you from Cleveland anyway? So jump on the band wagon while you can. We all know that Coldspring is a very good team and should win this game, but there is a reason that they play the game instead of just giving it to them. But with that said Coldspring should win easy. It is hard to watch a team that really does want to get over the hump but just can't seem to get there and then get on here and read these comments. Some of those boy on the Shepherd team work their butts off, it's  just too bad that you can't get most of the parents and other kids in the school to play and work hard.

So BigDaddy maybe you should worry a little more about Cleveland. I saw the game last Friday night agaist Shepherd and from what I saw Cleveland has their hands full just trying to get to the playoffs, They better start to worry with Coldspring, Huffman and Liberty. I would bet Cleveland is the odd man looking in when it is all said and done.

Coach Barbay do one for me, When you are beating Cleveland by 50, there is only 1 minute left in the game (with the outcome not in doubt) score one more time just for old Shepherd. What you say will you do that for me.
[/quote]
Just for your information I am from Coldspring and that is where I live to this day, I do support Cleveland also in the fact that I do know alot of the kids playing there..
So I think mayme you need to step back and do some more research before you go to throw stuff out there that you have no clue what your talking about.. That also tells me your user Id: Idk really means what it stands for.

[quote name="bambam33" post="1067452" timestamp="1317138801"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I think Shepehards numbers are bigger than Coldsprings, I dont know that for fact but it is what I was told.. I really wish it was going to be a closer game with it being the battle of San Jacinto going on friday night

I do know my facts and if you live in Coldspring then you must of moved back there. But it really doesn't matter. If it makes you feel like somebody to post up on how bad Coldspring will beat Shepherd then that is fine go ahead. To the Coldspring players, coaches and parents I wish you the best and hope you finish what you started last year and win state this year. Go make the whole county of San Jacinto proud. Shepherd does cheer for you guys when you are not playing us. Coach Barbay has done well with this team.

Oh and I do have family that Plays for Coldspring.

I don't think we try to rub it in about how good we are here in Coldspring.  Not much we can really do about scores either.  The fact is we are really good and it is probably going to stay that way for a while.  I'm not sure what the deal is over in Shepherd.  I felt like Jones would be a good coach and would turn the program around. 

Nobody has ever disagreed with how good Coldspring is and you are right it will stay that way for a good while, Barbay has them working hard and playing harder. We agree there is not much anyone can do about the score and the score does not bother us that much. At this point with the kids that Shepherd has you just want to see them fight to the end and never give up. I think Jones is a good coach and really does know what he is doing, I think it has more to do with the people of Shepherd and it is going to take a lot to change that. I could go into a long rant about Little Johnny and why he isn't giving everything instead of having to work for it, but we will save that for another day.

[quote name="SRP1" post="1067385" timestamp="1317133043"]

[/quote]
CS isn't near as bad as Huffman about talking down on the other teams of the district. Let's hope CS puts the same beating on Huffman as they do everyone else. And I don't believe they will win state.

[quote name="Swag" post="1067711" timestamp="1317151986"]

[/quote]
CS isn't near as bad as Huffman about talking down on the other teams of the district. Let's hope CS puts the same beating on Huffman as they do everyone else. And I don't believe they will win state.
[/quote]
Swag have you watched any of these teams play or you just posting to post????????????

[quote name="idk" post="1067570" timestamp="1317144397"]
I do know my facts and if you live in Coldspring then you must of moved back there. But it really doesn't matter. If it makes you feel like somebody to post up on how bad Coldspring will beat Shepherd then that is fine go ahead. To the Coldspring players, coaches and parents I wish you the best and hope you finish what you started last year and win state this year. Go make the whole county of San Jacinto proud. Shepherd does cheer for you guys when you are not playing us. Coach Barbay has done well with this team.

Oh and I do have family that Plays for Coldspring.
[/quote]

Glad to hear you do have family that plays there and like i said if you knew your facts you would know I have been back up there for a good while.. But you dont.. And by the way if you would read my post from earlier you would know that I had given Shepherd props on the first half of the Shephard Cleveland game

Guest beechnut
[quote name="bambam33" post="1067751" timestamp="1317154656"]
[quote author=Swag link=topic=88874.msg1067711#msg1067711 date=1317151986]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Swag have you watched any of these teams play or you just posting to post????????????
[/quote]

Swag is a gutless hater with no school affilation or unknow. I am down with all of our twenty two skewls regardless of who they come playoff time.

[quote name="Swag" post="1067711" timestamp="1317151986"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

You should really go back and read some of the post by your Liberty friends before you come on here and talk about Huffman. Liberty by far has the worst posters of any in the district. That is why multiple liberty fans have been banned from this site for telling people to kill themselves or challenging other posters to fights.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1067922" timestamp="1317167407"]
[quote author=Swag link=topic=88874.msg1067711#msg1067711 date=1317151986]

[/quote]
[/quote]

You should really go back and read some of the post by your Liberty friends before you come on here and talk about Huffman. Liberty by far has the worst posters of any in the district. That is why multiple liberty fans have been banned from this site for telling people to kill themselves or challenging other posters to fights.
[/quote] ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder