Nederland vs Barbers Hill

Michele

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think Nederland has already been tested a little with WOS and Barbers Hill has played 2 teams that will most likely end up under .500 at the end of the season.  So I am going to say Nederland 20  Barbers Hill 3.  I think BH's defense is good but I don't think they will be able to hold up. 

Don't hang your hat on the stats of Dogs running game, most of our line is young but they are pretty big, when they get this run blocking down you better watch out. They are getting better each week so I wouldn't bet the house on our lack of running game. As far as speed goes, I don't see BH anywhere close to WOS and we managed to pull that one out. I see this one being close most of the game but the Dogs win in the 4th.

[quote name="NHS1990" post="1049310" timestamp="1315158935"]
In High School, sacks are counted against your rushing yards instead of your passing yards. So the 9 rushes for -15 yards is deceptive.
[/quote]

I guess 9 sacks for -15 yds isnt too bad, what might be concerning though is the 9 sacks. QB needs better protection and hopefully knows or will learn when to just get rid of the ball.

Nederand will win this one by 24. The line is improving so the run game will continue to get better. A few backs that have good speed good hands with the recievers and accurate QB. Defense is solid and faster than many think. Haven't seen BH play but looking into things I feel Nederland definately has the better team.

I initially thought this might be a close one. After taking everything into account, the Dogs win this one big, by 20 or more. First home game of the season, the house will be rockin. The running game for Nederland is good, not great, but if BH has a slow defense, watch out. I use the term slow loosely, after WO-S who is lightening fast and GCM who has some speed, I think Nederland will be able to attack at line of scrimmage much better. As for the passing game, Raines through the air to Shaw all night. Biggest weakness is kickoff coverage, if we've improved that this week, its going to be a loooooong night for BH. Score: Nederland-38 BH-10o Shaw all night. Biggest weakness is kickoff coverage, if we've improved that this week, its going to be a loooooong night for BH. Score: Nederland-38 BH-10

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1049541" timestamp="1315181670"]
I initially thought this might be a close one. After taking everything into account, the Dogs win this one big, by 20 or more. First home game of the season, the house will be rockin. The running game for Nederland is good, not great, but if BH has a slow defense, watch out. I use the term slow loosely, after WO-S who is lightening fast and GCM who has some speed, I think Nederland will be able to attack at line of scrimmage much better. As for the passing game, Raines through the air to Shaw all night. Biggest weakness is kickoff coverage, if we've improved that this week, its going to be a loooooong night for BH. Score: Nederland-38 BH-10o Shaw all night. Biggest weakness is kickoff coverage, if we've improved that this week, its going to be a loooooong night for BH. Score: [b]Nederland-38[/b] BH-10
[/quote]

If BH doesnt turn the ball over its gonna be hard to put up 38 with the ball control O that BH runs  ;)IMO

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1049571" timestamp="1315183617"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=87727.msg1049541#msg1049541 date=1315181670]
I initially thought this might be a close one. After taking everything into account, the Dogs win this one big, by 20 or more. First home game of the season, the house will be rockin. The running game for Nederland is good, not great, but if BH has a slow defense, watch out. I use the term slow loosely, after WO-S who is lightening fast and GCM who has some speed, I think Nederland will be able to attack at line of scrimmage much better. As for the passing game, Raines through the air to Shaw all night. Biggest weakness is kickoff coverage, if we've improved that this week, its going to be a loooooong night for BH. Score: Nederland-38 BH-10o Shaw all night. Biggest weakness is kickoff coverage, if we've improved that this week, its going to be a loooooong night for BH. Score: [b]Nederland-38[/b] BH-10
[/quote]

If BH doesnt turn the ball over its gonna be hard to put up 38 with the ball control O that BH runs  ;)IMO
[/quote]

Not sure how Goose Creek compares to BH, but they ran the ball for most of the night. I think they only had four passes if my memory is correct. Ball control O requires long drives and continually making first downs. If Barbers Hill is that one-dimensional, we can stack the box and I would feel comfortable with our secondary. Ned has the ability to stuff the run all night...

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1049680" timestamp="1315188960"]
Every game BH has played this year was played offensively, different each game.  BH is very capable of throwing the ball when they want too.  As for the WOS comparision,[glow=red,2,300] WOS *****.  Always has. [/glow] 
[/quote]

Has BH ever played WOS?

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1049571" timestamp="1315183617"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

The Dogs have a ball control defense, if you think you will drive the field all night on them you better get a new game plan, they don't give up many long drives they have given up a few long runs but not long drives.

Bh does not have a slow defense, their linebacking core could be one of the best in the area. I have no dog in this fight, but I believe bh will win a good hard fought game. They don't turn the ball over, and they have a qb who is the real deal and he is only a sophomore. Say what y'all want nederlands defense won't be able to put 8 in the box and stop the run because bh will go over the top and throw it. Yes nederland has been tested but when gcm puts up 20 on you that's not good. Gcm is not good

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1049697" timestamp="1315189874"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=87727.msg1049571#msg1049571 date=1315183617]
[/quote]

[/quote]

The Dogs have a ball control defense, if you think you will drive the field all night on them you better get a new game plan, they don't give up many long drives they have given up a few long runs but not long drives.
[/quote]

"Ball control defense" is definitely a new term to me, heard of it on offense but not on D. 

Let me start this by saying, I LOVE being the underdog.  Now let me continue this by saying, I don't think we're the underdog in this one.  Nederland is definitely a solid playoff caliber team but I think many folks are overcompensating for the two teams that BH has started the season with.  Santa Fe was awful and the score reflected it.  Lumberton was a solid team that will finish over .500.

If Nederland thinks they are going to be scoring a bunch of points (38...really?) or controlling the clock....they will be in for a rude awakening.  BH had some break downs in the secondary last week against a sub-par passing game but I can assure that there will be plenty of attention paid to those mistakes in the coming week of practice. 

BH hasn't faced much speed thus far nor have they faced anyone that can air it out.  I look forward to seeing exactly how they handle both this week with Nederland.  It should be a good ole fashioned slugfest. 

My prediction is:

Barbers Hill 24
Nederland  14

...and the Eagle D scores a TD this week.

Whoever said WOS sucks and always has should just delete their profile and move on to something else. All that does is flaunt ignorance. If Nederland only puts up 14 against BH then I will move on to something else. NO WAY BH has the caliber of defense as WOS.. Again I say.. 38 points

[quote name="Mr. Blitz" post="1049747" timestamp="1315193814"]
[quote author=dawgnut link=topic=87727.msg1049697#msg1049697 date=1315189874]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=87727.msg1049571#msg1049571 date=1315183617]
[/quote]

If BH doesnt turn the ball over its gonna be hard to put up 38 with the[b] ball control O that BH runs[/b]  ;)IMO
[/quote]

[/quote]

"[b]Ball control defense[/b]" is definitely a new term to me, heard of it on offense but not on D. 

Let me start this by saying, I LOVE being the underdog.  Now let me continue this by saying, I don't think we're the underdog in this one.  Nederland is definitely a solid playoff caliber team but I think many folks are overcompensating for the two teams that BH has started the season with.  Santa Fe was awful and the score reflected it.  Lumberton was a solid team that will finish over .500.

If Nederland thinks they are going to be scoring a bunch of points (38...really?) or controlling the clock....they will be in for a rude awakening.  BH had some break downs in the secondary last week against a sub-par passing game but I can assure that there will be plenty of attention paid to those mistakes in the coming week of practice. 

BH hasn't faced much speed thus far nor have they faced anyone that can air it out.  I look forward to seeing exactly how they handle both this week with Nederland.  It should be a good ole fashioned slugfest. 

My prediction is:

Barbers Hill 24
Nederland  14

...and the Eagle D scores a TD this week.
[/quote]

Just a little poke at the previous post, what most folks don't understand is one of our best defensive linemen has not even stepped foot on the field this year. When he does you will know it because he is very disruptive and is a pocket destroyer, can your QB pass accurately on the run? I don't know if he will be back this week or not, but if he does the game changes!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder