Nederland vs Barbers Hill

Michele

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BH has allowed 6 points and 250 total yards in two games! yeah I think Ned will score 38 NOT!! I'll give Ned 14 points if BH doesn't turn the ball over. BH offense will score at least 28 in my opinion. I'm still trying to wrap my head around why a team that got beat by BH last year in their 3rd game of a new system thinks they will blow BH out this year??? We are returning all of our skill players and the best LB corp in 19 4A!!! Come one folks do a little research before you make crazy predictions ;D Now can Nederland win? Of Course they can, but it will not be a 38 point blow out LOL!

If BH doesnt turn the ball over its gonna be hard to put up 38 with the ball control O that BH runs  ;)IMO
[/quote]

The Dogs have a ball control defense, if you think you will drive the field all night on them you better get a new game plan, they don't give up many long drives they have given up a few long runs but not long drives.
[/quote]

"Ball control defense" is definitely a new term to me, heard of it on offense but not on D. 

Let me start this by saying, I LOVE being the underdog.  Now let me continue this by saying, I don't think we're the underdog in this one.  Nederland is definitely a solid playoff caliber team but I think many folks are overcompensating for the two teams that BH has started the season with.  Santa Fe was awful and the score reflected it.  [b]Lumberton was a solid team that will finish over .500.[/b]

If Nederland thinks they are going to be scoring a bunch of points (38...really?) or controlling the clock....they will be in for a rude awakening.  BH had some break downs in the secondary last week against a sub-par passing game but I can assure that there will be plenty of attention paid to those mistakes in the coming week of practice. 

BH hasn't faced much speed thus far nor have they faced anyone that can air it out.  I look forward to seeing exactly how they handle both this week with Nederland.  It should be a good ole fashioned slugfest. 

My prediction is:

Barbers Hill 24
Nederland  14

...and the Eagle D scores a TD this week.
[/quote]

Lumberton does not have a solid team and I would be shocked if they win a game this year!

Agreed.. Lumberton is not a .500 team by any stretch of the imagination. 1 or 2 wins at best and I mean no disrespect to the raiders but that's my honest opinion. Nederland is not a possession type of offense. More so this season than the past few, but they have the ability to score so quick that your defense better stay on their toes.. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the speed of the Nederland receivers. Nederland got behind the secondary of WO-S and GCM on several occasions. Hesitate for half a step and you are toast..

Guest UHCoog14
BH linebackers  bring the wood! Ned will not move the ball  as  easily as they did against GCM. I do not see how Raines will hold up under pressure and his arm slot limits his ability  to throw on the run.

I look for BH to win by a  FG.

[quote name="UHCoog44" post="1050028" timestamp="1315259500"]
BH linebackers  bring the wood! Ned will not move the ball  as  easily as they did against GCM. I do not see how Raines will hold up under pressure and his arm slot limits his ability  to throw on the run.

[/quote] Ned saw an extremely fast D in WOS, and didnt run the ball well......But still managed enough O to win.

I.M.O. Nederland's defense is not playing as well as it did last year.Using TCU's 4-2-5 defense is not working as well as the 4-3-4 we ran last year.Hope we can learn a lesson from our offense and use both defenses and see which one works best through coarse of the game.How well did the 4-2-5 work for T.C.U. against Baylor? I guess my question is we have most of our same players back on a defense that was good.Why change it. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

[quote name="UHCoog44" post="1050028" timestamp="1315259500"]

[/quote]

His "arm slot" worked just fine on the run for the game winner against WOS...that's a crock, but then again, you had GCM beating Nederland as well...as for last years game against BH, Nederland had numerous starter out for that game...I remember us commenting on how much talent was in shorts for that one, so last years game really doesn't give a good comparison...BH will be tough, IMO, but I will take the Dogs in this one, 24-20.

Guest The-NHS
I look for B.H. to be a very good matchup. They run the wishbone correct? I think anytime Nederland, or any team for that matter, has to change up their scouting cards to such a different offense, that a lot of emphasis has to be put on defense and knowing and learning new assignments during the week. If you got a team full of seniors that has played against multiple offensive schemes throughout their high school careers its a different scenario then Nederland currently has with a relatively young defense. I think Neumann and Spell will do a good job of preparing the young bucks against the bone but knowledge of assignments will be key this Friday. I have heard they do not have near the speed of WOS (many do not of course) but if we have a defense flying around the field to every direction but where the ball is, well, that won't do much good. I think our offense will be fine this Friday but I think it'll be alot closer game than what many on here are predicting. Our injuries also play a huge role in this game. I sure hope the injured will be ready to role.

I'm going with:
Dogs 23
B.H. 21

If Brown [u]and[/u] Pryor are back:
Dogs 30
B.H. 21

My previous headlines have been pretty close on the respective performances.
Headline for Soulja: Benjamin Goes for 175, Wins in King of Hill.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1049930" timestamp="1315247365"]
Agreed.. Lumberton is not a .500 team by any stretch of the imagination. 1 or 2 wins at best and I mean no disrespect to the raiders but that's my honest opinion. Nederland is not a possession type of offense. More so this season than the past few, but they have the ability to score so quick that your defense better stay on their toes.. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the speed of the Nederland receivers. Nederland got behind the secondary of WO-S and GCM on several occasions. Hesitate for half a step and you are toast..
[/quote]
I do not credit the speed of Nederland's receivers for getting behind the GCM defense on several occasions. The GCM secondary is lost most of the game and getting burned is nothing new. The speed they possess in the secondary would match anyone in 19-4A and 20-4A. They have no clue how to read and react accordingly and lack any discipline.

Guest UHCoog14
A crock? We  shall see. A good defense  with some size will eat his lunch.  WOS is 0-2.  Might not be such a  good measuring stick.

I will NEVER pick GCM to lose by the way.

[quote name="navydawg31" post="1050221" timestamp="1315272638"]
Nederland by 14. And BH is alot slower than WOS. I expect Nederland D stepping up big and the O gets it done. Troy B will have a 100+ running game. You can take that to the bank.
[/quote]

I wouldn't take that to a piggy bank ;D Your RB only has 169 on the season no way he hits 100 against the BH D 8) Two names Troy will be hearing all night is Rueter and Sexton. He better have that chin strap on tight coming up the middle against these two LB's 8)

Nederland's defense appears to be playing better this year than it did last year, especially against the speed of WOS?  Not sure where you're coming from.  They didn't sniff WOS's jock in last year's game.  Whatever alignment and schemes they used, sure proved to benefit them, even with the same personnel??? Are you SURE?

If B-Hill runs the wishbone, Nederland better make some adjustments cause against GCM they were out flanked alot on some of them run plays. Heck it was same way against WOS. Nedrland lets too many teams get to the outside, I have notice this from past games as well.  I dont know how good B-Hill is but i have heard they got better  but i still gotta go with Nederland  24-14  Dogs are gaining some confidence!

Nederland is a much better team than Lumberton but BH is a much more balanced team than Nederland. As much as I hate to say it, BH will win by at least 7 points. Lumberton gave BH every chance to completely dominate last Friday, the score should have been 49-6. Lumberton couldn't move the ball but I'm not sure what defense they could move the ball on.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder