Nederland vs Barbers Hill

Michele

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be an intereting game....several people are judging this matchup Friday night as a measuring stick between 20-4A and 19-4A.  Our offense played better Friday night and Raines appeared to me to have more control and leadership going on.  Our defense looked really well.... I can't wait to see these guys this Friday night.

This could be an overtime game.I like BH because I think defense swarms the ball well.Ned gotta prove they can stop the run game and they didn't very well the last 2 games.I like Ned @home too.Should be a good game and turnovers could be the differance .+ to Ned on the passing game so I take Ned by 6

Well you know who I'm taking ;D BH won this game last year and is returning more starters this year than Ned is. Last year we didn't even have our starters completly figured out during this game. Don't let these Dayton guys who are full of Envy make you believe that this game is going to be an automatic win for Nederland. Just to put this more into perspective Last year Santa Fe beat us 34-7 this year we win 34-0. Last year Lumberton beats us 28-21 this year we win 24-6. Last year we beat Nederland by 7 (Can't remember the score) this year ?????? BH by 14. I'm only picking 14 to factor in Home field advantage which factors in the REFS ;D.

[quote name="prepballfan" post="1049264" timestamp="1315154871"]
Last year Santa Fe and Lumberton were both alot better than this year. Nederland is alot better this year than last remember all the preseason injuries they had leading up to this game. BH is better than last season but I dont think its enough.
[/quote]

What did you predict on the Crosby/PNG game? Just curious ;D

Some of you people kill me. Theres no reason to get offeded because someone predicted another team beat you. They are just predictions and someones opinion , nothing more. Three years ago when we hired Coach Faircloth nobody including the PNG fans picked us to go 10-0. Most were around the .500 mark. Its very satisfying laughing in hind sight. Sorry , when you make a prediction one team has to be picked to lose. I just wanted to put that out there before I made my pick , hopefully I won't offend anyone. If I do you will have an even better saturday morning , pointing out how wrong the ones who picked against you were. Anyway i'm taking Nederland in a close one that probably will be the game of the week.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1049287" timestamp="1315156834"]
I predict..............................................  someones gonna lose  ;D... Speed is gonna win this game. ;)
[/quote]

So if we win then we can be called fast ;D Sweet

I hope everyone keeps thinking we don't have speed. That kind of thinking helps us out. Just because we don't have a spread attack doesn't mean we are slow. I think this will be a hard fought game and BH will be able to run on the Ned defense. We will have to control the ball and keep Ned. from scoring quick toughdowns via their air attack. Our secondary will have to step it up. I don't think Nederland will be able to run on us like they did on GCM
though. I give Nederland the advantage of homefield and y'all will have hugh fan support as always. My pick is BH 21 Ned 17.

Looking at Ned's stats that move the ball better through the air than the ground. this will be good because BH really needs to get better in the secondary,so that will be a good test for them. The Ned ground game looks to have struggled a bit and I don't see that getting any better for them playing BH! Out LB's are good and will not allow much on the ground. Ned Qb Raines (According to Stats) doesn't seem to be very mobile running the ball 9 times for -15 yards??? If BH can put some pressure on Raines that may be the key to the game. The Key to the game for Nederland is to stop the BH rush ;D BH has 4 running backs that rush for an average 6.13 yards a carry!  This should be a good game as long as both teams hang on to the ball! If one starts fumbling then the other team is good enough to take advantage of these turnovers.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1049295" timestamp="1315157550"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=87727.msg1049287#msg1049287 date=1315156834]
I predict..............................................  someones gonna lose  ;D... Speed is gonna win this game. ;)
[/quote]

[/quote] Well i'm just saying... BH better move the ball faster than they did Friday... Like I said before, looked like the game was being played in slow motion....But  i'm sure  Dayton having an open week, you can't really go by that being Gage didn't want Dayton to see all the tricks ::) We will just go with that one :D

[quote name="octfeb" post="1049313" timestamp="1315159072"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=87727.msg1049295#msg1049295 date=1315157550]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=87727.msg1049287#msg1049287 date=1315156834]
[/quote]

[/quote] Well i'm just saying... BH better move the ball faster than they did Friday... Like I said before, looked like the game was being played in slow motion....But  i'm sure  Dayton having an open week, you can't really go by that being Gage didn't want Dayton to see all the tricks ::) We will just go with that one :D
[/quote]

Hey I'm hoping that was the plan by Gage ;D I'm telling you this offense is boring ,but it is not about high flying and scoring 80 yard TD's. It’s about game management, Controlling the clock , Time of possession and just running it down the D's throat until they break. Combine that with a defenese that can make teams go 3 and out and it can be a winner ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder