NEWTON VS. KIRBYVILLE BROADCAST/Newton wins!

WOSgrad

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1048393" timestamp="1315048398"]
[quote author=kville68 link=topic=87563.msg1048300#msg1048300 date=1315025057]
What I would like to see is some off tackle plays. I bet that would work for 'em.
[/quote]

I told myself I wasn't going to do this, but, what game were you at? Kirbyville did run some off tackle plays, there just wasn't anywhere to run. You also said that the coaches had not taught any fundamentals to anyone but the stars. What an insane thing to say. You think they line up at practice and say "Ok stars over here, and everyone else over there"? Talent level is down in Kirbyville this year no doubt, but your blind backseat driving of the current coaching staff is the most hideous possible by any "fan". Ya'll could bring Alverez back and it wouldn't change. Newton will be loaded the next few years as the 58-8 score on JV tells you. Get ready. And I am acknowledging your "superior" football knowledge for what it is worth. :o
[/quote]

Hey Championeagle...you have no class what so ever. When Kirbyville destroyed Newton last year we didn't brag or boast about it. Beating our JV team doesn't guarantee you a varsity win over Kirbyville the next few years. These inexperienced kids played hard and thats all the coaches ask for. I truely believe the coaches are heavily focus on getting our varsity together. Not only did we lose 20 talented players to graduation, but we lost our Qb Houston Vanya and RB Burman Irvine to movement out of Kirbyville. Not making excuses but its been rough this year, but next year the Wildcats should be a force :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1048393" timestamp="1315048398"]
What I would like to see is some off tackle plays. I bet that would work for 'em.
[/quote]

I told myself I wasn't going to do this, but, what game were you at? Kirbyville did run some off tackle plays, there just wasn't anywhere to run. You also said that the coaches had not taught any fundamentals to anyone but the stars. What an insane thing to say. You think they line up at practice and say "Ok stars over here, and everyone else over there"? Talent level is down in Kirbyville this year no doubt, but your blind backseat driving of the current coaching staff is the most hideous possible by any "fan". Ya'll could bring Alverez back and it wouldn't change. Newton will be loaded the next few years as the 58-8 score on JV tells you. Get ready. And I am acknowledging your "superior" football knowledge for what it is worth. :o
[/quote]

Im sorry if i dont express myself in a way that pleases you. I will try to make myself more clear. First of all I dont think bringing Alverez back would change a thing. Neece is doing what he thinks is best with what he's got. My comment about the off tackle plays was just frustrated sarcasim but the truth is it is reflective of what most fans in the stands are saying. If your O line is small and inexperienced why are you going to run the ball 90 % of the time right at them? I am not saying Haywood, Smith and Jacko dont have speed and talent, as a matter of fact I am saying just the opposite. They have to play with what they've got (which is not bad) and be smart about it. How can anyone agree that we should do the same thing over and over and if it gets a player hurt, fine. If it looks like crap, fine. If we loose 5 yards every play, great. We like running up the middle so no matter how embarrasing it gets keep it up. We are a running team no doubt but if we are succsessfull rolling the ball into the endzone with a wooden spoon I say we should go with that until the compitition catches on. The very deffinition of insanity is do do the same thing over and over and expect a different result.  My second point is,  if anyone can make the argument that Kirbyville has not leaned hard on a few talented players and failed to develop some younger guys with true potential I would be interested in hearing it. For instance, right now you have a JV squad that has been picked so clean of talent they can barely get a snap off. Some of the young talented players could make a real difference. But they are bumped up to varsity where they get little or no playing time. In most programs the JV squad is used to give them time and experience to develop. Some young men with a love of the game and the tools to make it will not be playing next year because they feel they are being left out to dry. The players and parents all see it. How would you feel if you were on a team and ANY chance that you have even make an honest effort at a win is pulled out from under you? Of course the problem in this senerio is numbers. Kirbyville has a lack of players not a lack of talent and of course some times sacrafices have to be made but dont act like there is not a price to be paid for it. I as a more than casual observer and fan do give the new coaches credit for trying to pass the ball and for holding the boys responsible for whatever it was that earned them a lap durring the game last night. Some people were upset about the penalty on the coach but I feel if he is fired up about something, he shows passion and he feels its that important, more power to him. Barrbay and Hooks made a carreer out of standing up for their players. I have every confidence that Neece will be "motivating" the team this week and you can bet adjustments will be made. My only hope is for the sake of the players that are giving it their all that more is expected of everyone involved. If a whole team of young men and a few more coaches showed the heart #33 does every play we would be hard to beat. Attitude reflects leadership.

Shorter(soph) is the next ford for Newton, After that a Jv(all freshman on JV this year) takes over and they haven't lost a single game since pee wee juniors, they beat k-ville jv 52-8 with two starting runningbacks out with injury also they have numbers & size on the JV...I SPY: Loaded for the next 4, WT is goin to look like a Genius. :)

[quote name="Claude" post="1048581" timestamp="1315070128"]
Shorter(soph) is the next ford for Newton, After that a Jv(all freshman on JV this year) takes over and they haven't lost a single game since pee wee juniors, they beat k-ville jv 52-8 with two starting runningbacks out with injury also they have numbers & size on the JV...I SPY: Loaded for the next 4, WT is goin to look like a Genius. :)
[/quote]

yea, RB like Ford and Shorter don't come through often enough .... enjoy the ride and good luck on ya'lls run this yr. ;)

Kville 68  I agree with you on most of what you said. I think your O-line will get better and the wildcats will be ready for district play and will get in the play-offs. Lets face it, it is hard to play another team after playing Coldsprings.(they are physical) I am not taking anything away from my eagles since they are good, but Coldsprings roughed us up also.What i am trying to say that its for bragging rights only, not the play-offs. I wish you Wildcats the best for this year. play hard,play fair, play as if your reputation is on the line because for your seniors it is.

[quote name="jimmyw" post="1048599" timestamp="1315071442"]
Kville 68  I agree with you on most of what you said. I think your O-line will get better and the wildcats will be ready for district play and will get in the play-offs. Lets face it, it is hard to play another team after playing Coldsprings.(they are physical) I am not taking anything away from my eagles since they are good, but Coldsprings roughed us up also.What i am trying to say that its for bragging rights only, not the play-offs. I wish you Wildcats the best for this year. play hard,play fair, play as if your reputation is on the line because for your seniors it is.
[/quote]
thanks jimmyw...right back at you ;)

Thanks Jimmy and Pink. I am not trying to be negative. Anyone that knows me knows I support these young men both JV and Varsity24/7 . I want them to have every oppoutunity to play to their full potential and to stay healthy! I hurt my shoulder my senior year and 24 years later it still bothers me so its more than who is healthy enough for next Friday to me.  Our Cats have talent and something to proove and that can be a dangerous combination.

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1048550" timestamp="1315067463"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=87563.msg1048393#msg1048393 date=1315048398]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey Championeagle...you have no class what so ever. When Kirbyville destroyed Newton last year we didn't brag or boast about it. Beating our JV team doesn't guarantee you a varsity win over Kirbyville the next few years. These inexperienced kids played hard and thats all the coaches ask for. I truely believe the coaches are heavily focus on getting our varsity together. Not only did we lose 20 talented players to graduation, but we lost our Qb Houston Vanya and RB Burman Irvine to movement out of Kirbyville. Not making excuses but its been rough this year, but next year the Wildcats should be a force :)
[/quote]If the topic of discussion is no class; then Kvillecats is definity the person to talk to. Cats lost, live with it. Whining about what You lost to graduation and relocation is making excuses.

[quote name="kville68" post="1048570" timestamp="1315068982"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=87563.msg1048393#msg1048393 date=1315048398]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Im sorry if i dont express myself in a way that pleases you. I will try to make myself more clear. First of all I dont think bringing Alverez back would change a thing. Neece is doing what he thinks is best with what he's got. My comment about the off tackle plays was just frustrated sarcasim but the truth is it is reflective of what most fans in the stands are saying. If your O line is small and inexperienced why are you going to run the ball 90 % of the time right at them? I am not saying Haywood, Smith and Jacko dont have speed and talent, as a matter of fact I am saying just the opposite. They have to play with what they've got (which is not bad) and be smart about it. How can anyone agree that we should do the same thing over and over and if it gets a player hurt, fine. If it looks like crap, fine. If we loose 5 yards every play, great. We like running up the middle so no matter how embarrasing it gets keep it up. We are a running team no doubt but if we are succsessfull rolling the ball into the endzone with a wooden spoon I say we should go with that until the compitition catches on. The very deffinition of insanity is do do the same thing over and over and expect a different result.  My second point is,  if anyone can make the argument that Kirbyville has not leaned hard on a few talented players and failed to develop some younger guys with true potential I would be interested in hearing it. For instance, right now you have a JV squad that has been picked so clean of talent they can barely get a snap off. Some of the young talented players could make a real difference. But they are bumped up to varsity where they get little or no playing time. In most programs the JV squad is used to give them time and experience to develop. Some young men with a love of the game and the tools to make it will not be playing next year because they feel they are being left out to dry. The players and parents all see it. How would you feel if you were on a team and ANY chance that you have even make an honest effort at a win is pulled out from under you? Of course the problem in this senerio is numbers. Kirbyville has a lack of players not a lack of talent and of course some times sacrafices have to be made but dont act like there is not a price to be paid for it. I as a more than casual observer and fan do give the new coaches credit for trying to pass the ball and for holding the boys responsible for whatever it was that earned them a lap durring the game last night. Some people were upset about the penalty on the coach but I feel if he is fired up about something, he shows passion and he feels its that important, more power to him. Barrbay and Hooks made a carreer out of standing up for their players. I have every confidence that Neece will be "motivating" the team this week and you can bet adjustments will be made. My only hope is for the sake of the players that are giving it their all that more is expected of everyone involved. If a whole team of young men and a few more coaches showed the heart #33 does every play we would be hard to beat. Attitude reflects leadership.
[/quote]kville68, if this post doesn't clear up what You really think about Your Team then nothing will, acccording to You, #33 should coach the Coaches and Players so the Cats don't run the ball 90% of the time right at Your small and inexperenced O-line so that players don't get hurt, don't look like crap, don't loose 5 yards on every play and don't run up the middle.....no matter how embarrassing it gets. As for the lack of players not lack of talent comment You made, how do You explain the fact that Newton has even fewer students then Kville to pick talent from. By the way Coach Barbay is spelled with one (1) R, You Nimrod. Be sure to Smile , it makes people Wonder What You've Been Up To.

[quote name="Newtonjb" post="1048748" timestamp="1315087621"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=87563.msg1048745#msg1048745 date=1315087201]
Hey Newtonjb....im not whinning its a fact. We gonna see how well yall do from here on out....good luck :)
[/quote]Whining Is Whining
[/quote]

LOL...not whinning i knew yall had a bigger chance of defeating Kirbyville this year than the previous years. Kirbyville is in a rebuilding year trust me they will be fine so look out!

[/quote]

Good luck next week. I'm looking forward to your next round of gripes and excuses. Of course, you won't be playing a team about two thirds your size with a inexperienced O-line will you?

[quote name="kville68" post="1048570" timestamp="1315068982"]
[/quote] I told myself I would not post a comment about anything on a personal level but this forum here is bashing the fabric of every young player that suit up every Friday to represent the pride of Kirbyville. The class that has graduate from Kirbyville is gone and moved on and I suggest that the rest of the negative folks do the same. The players that commented to play ball demand the respect from you and support and not you as wildcats and not leaving in the past.

[/quote]

[/quote][quote author=Backwoods link=topic=87563.msg1048758#msg1048758 date=1315088946]

[/quote]

Good luck next week. I'm looking forward to your next round of gripes and excuses. Of course, you won't be playing a team about two thirds your size with a inexperienced O-line will you?
[/quote]

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="1049005" timestamp="1315105625"]
we will be playing an undefeated 4A in Vidor :o
[/quote] ... I have generally stayed out of this topic due to one poster (ie..ChampionEagle ... who is a word class @**^^###, with a general lack of class) and the general tone of this thread ... I would like to address three things ...
First ... Most, not all I admit, of the Kirbyville posters have given Newton their due. .... I generally have tried to be positive when posting (although sometimes I have tended to let my emotions get the best of me and have said some things i will later regret) ... So from a Kirbyville fan let me say congrats to a good win by Newton ... You played well and took advantage of what was there ... Newton has a good young team with a loads of talent .... Yes, Newton has a longer tradition ... Yes, you won Friday night ... That number 11 is a beast .... WT is a good coach ... Good luck the rest of the season ....
Secondly ... To some of the Newton posters who have tried to be derogatory and generally negative ..... Go beat your chest ... (ChampionEagle aka Tarzan is probably in his bathroom doing that now) .... Some advise though ... "Do you wish to be great? Then begin by being. Do you desire to construct a vast and lofty fabric? Think first about the foundations of humility. The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation." Saint Augustine
Third... that Kirbyville team played their hearts out, gave it their all ... left it all on the field ... That game was a a great step forward for them ... the offense showed up ... Goins looked good ... Red ran with conviction ... Big Jake is a gamer ... Lil Will was his normal self (all out, all the time)... ALL the players showed emotion and were fired up ... This team is getting better week by week ...  I am immensely proud of them .... To that Kirbyville team “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence, faith and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race” ... a great and true quote by Calvin Coolidge.

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="1048413" timestamp="1315053854"]
[/quote]
I think the running and passing game just needs the O-line to get get better....sounded like they're improving. Moving Red around from QB to RB to WR to DB is truely getting helping. Is Jacko ok?
[/quote]
I've been in Austin and (yawn) missed reading a bunch of these post. This one is the most intelligent thing I have seen a Kirbyville poster say. Exactly right. As for BigWildcat11, Kvillecats, and kville68 they are bound to be clones of one "fan" that try to be real good at dishing out insults that make absolutely no sense about things [b]THEY[/b] posted. I didn't start anything about class, chest beating, coaches not teaching fundamentals, or running off tackle. I did point out the fallacies of their thinking in my opinion. Kirbyville has a lot of good, loyal fans. These three just don't happen to be amongst them. 8)

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1049714" timestamp="1315190862"]
[quote author=kcat-fan link=topic=87563.msg1048413#msg1048413 date=1315053854]
[/quote]
I think the running and passing game just needs the O-line to get get better....sounded like they're improving. Moving Red around from QB to RB to WR to DB is truely getting helping. Is Jacko ok?
[/quote]Thanks for making my point .... such class .... Tarzan
I've been in Austin and (yawn) missed reading a bunch of these post. This one is the most intelligent thing I have seen a Kirbyville poster say. Exactly right. As for BigWildcat11, Kvillecats, and kville68 they are bound to be clones of one "fan" that try to be real good at dishing out insults that make absolutely no sense about things [b]THEY[/b] posted. I didn't start anything about class, chest beating, coaches not teaching fundamentals, or running off tackle. I did point out the fallacies of their thinking in my opinion. Kirbyville has a lot of good, loyal fans. These three just don't happen to be amongst them. 8)
[/quote]

[quote name="BigWildcat11" post="1049719" timestamp="1315191093"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=87563.msg1049714#msg1049714 date=1315190862]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Jane!!! Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha! You can go back and get your wife to read you what was posted by the group I mentioned and maybe you can get someone to explain to you what ya'll said.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1049728" timestamp="1315191368"]
[quote author=BigWildcat11 link=topic=87563.msg1049719#msg1049719 date=1315191093]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=87563.msg1049714#msg1049714 date=1315190862]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Jane!!! Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha! You can go back and get your wife to read you what was posted by the group I mentioned and maybe you can get someone to explain to you what ya'll said.
[/quote]....Tarzan....I use this because that is your mentality level .... Your level of humility is almost non-existant ... If you would read the entirity of my post ... I was positive about your team .... I always try to look at the positive from the KATS, although I admit sometimes that does look like making excuses ... so don't lump me in with others .... If you look on the next weeks post for your team ... you will look at nothing but best wishes for your team from me .... Grow up ... Your team won ... Do you really have to spend all your time looking to down others ....

BigWildcat11 if you will read all my post you will see that the only thing I did was respond to my friend rykerx with a little jabbing, nothing too bad. What I did do was call out your kville68 and Kvillecats for talking about your very own Kirbyville teams. If this makes me Tarzan they must be Cheeta. They were the ones talking about moving ALL the talent from JV, and I responded, and they also posted about your coaches not teaching fundamentals to everyone, and again I responded. These to me were insane statements from people that call themselves fans. Then you jump on here and go to spouting about me and beating my chest. If you will go back and read the JV game post as well as the original Newton-Kirbyville thread and the game thread it will become obvious who said what. Now the kcat-fan post about the o-line I think is dead on for the Kirbyville bunch. Young, replacing a bunch and learning. That's how you get better.  Playing with no quit is still continuing at Kirbyville. There again this is a good thing. Give the coach a chance. And if you want to continue to blame me for defending your very own coaches and players, blame away cause it ain't gonna change.

This PORE old Kirbyville/Newton Horse has been beat to death.... ;D  Turn him out to pasture and let Him eat some of good ole East Texas's brown dried grass.....Maybe He will be able to ride again next season...lol  Good Luck Newton.. and Wildcat's hang in there and remember,The Darkest moment is just before the light of day..... ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder