Vidor vs TX High @ Lufkin

I was unable to attend the Texas High - Texarkana PG varsity scrimmage, but the Tigers won 24-0. I understand the Tiger passing game and defense were a plus. Good crowd at Grim last night. The Tigers are going to open the season one week from today (Sat) against the Vidor Pirates. That game will be in Lufkin. Let's hope for cooler weather.

Last year the Tigers defeated Vidor in overtime @ Longview

-

[quote name="texark66" post="1038172" timestamp="1313854156"]
I was unable to attend the Texas High - Texarkana PG varsity scrimmage, but the Tigers won 24-0. I understand the Tiger passing game and defense were a plus. Good crowd at Grim last night. The Tigers are going to open the season one week from today (Sat) against the Vidor Pirates. That game will be in Lufkin. Let's hope for cooler weather.

Last year the Tigers defeated Vidor in overtime @ Longview

-

[/quote]

texark66, gotta a question for ya.... Is Saxsby still the Tigers QB this year?

I know Tx. High has some great O/Lineman in McGee, Thomas and Watson. The defense is loaded to with the ILB and OLB as well as the secondary.

This game should be a good test for the Pirates, both teams should show up ready to play.
Not gonna talk about the woulda..coulda...shoulda's of last years game, just going to say that this yr. will be a very different outcome.  ;)

Guest Pirate_pride_07
I'm predicting this to be a shootout just like last year with some high scores but Vidor defense will prevail in this one.

Vidor - 42
Texas high - 38

The starting QB for the Tigers is the JV QB from last year. Levi Saxby  last years QB got a baseball scholarship .The Tigers also have a couple of other QB that could step in.
Including coach Norton's son.

One thing that has to mesh quickly is the ability for six new Varsity   coaches to come together. Toby Foreman (WOS) is one of them. He was hired, and is the head track coach at THS.

In the scrimmage last night with 3A Texarkana PG the Tigers had to much speed and wore the undermanned Hawks down.

Should be a good game with Vidor. The Pirates play very hard. This will also be a return trip to Lufkin for Texas High after many years. The Tigers played in the old 5A East Texas district for many years with the Panthers.

Let's hope for a good game and no injuries to either team

[quote name="vidor96pirates" post="1038390" timestamp="1313877966"]
Alot of experience returning for Vidor this year. The defense should be much improved over last year.

Vidor 31
Texas High 20
[/quote]I think the defence will be much improved. Depth seemed to be a problem in the Wos scrimmage to me.Also we have to hold onto the football.This has been a problem the last couple years.IMO

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="pirate68" post="1038392" timestamp="1313878408"]
[quote author=vidor96pirates link=topic=86956.msg1038390#msg1038390 date=1313877966]
Alot of experience returning for Vidor this year. The defense should be much improved over last year.

Vidor 31
Texas High 20
[/quote]I think the defence will be much improved. Depth seemed to be a problem in the Wos scrimmage to me.Also we have to hold onto the football.This has been a problem the last couple years.IMO
[/quote]
Yes it has. Lets just hope the coaches took care of that. I'm sure they have.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1038400" timestamp="1313878852"]
[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=86956.msg1038392#msg1038392 date=1313878408]
[quote author=vidor96pirates link=topic=86956.msg1038390#msg1038390 date=1313877966]

Vidor 31
Texas High 20
[/quote]
Yes it has. Lets just hope the coaches took care of that. I'm sure they have.
[/quote]Coaches cant take care of it.....Ball carriers have to protect the football..

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="1038474" timestamp="1313886996"]
And how are the "coaches" going to take care of that?
[/quote]
My bad. Players take care of it  ::)

Anyways it looks like Texas high has got a defense that is returning with some speed but with our last scrimmage we faced a pretty good defense with some speed also, yet we had a running back, David Bolinger, who had 158 yards with 8 carries averaging 19.75 yards a carry and IMO those stats speak for itself. I think that will be the edge in the game. But we also have to work on holding on to the ball and working on our passing as well. But overall i think the Pirates will sail over the Tigers this year with flying colors  ;D

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1038557" timestamp="1313895721"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=86956.msg1038474#msg1038474 date=1313886996]
[/quote]
My bad. Players take care of it  ::)

Anyways it looks like Texas high has got a defense that is returning with some speed but with our last scrimmage we faced a pretty good defense with some speed also, yet we had a running back, David Bolinger, who had 158 yards with 8 carries averaging 19.75 yards a carry and IMO those stats speak for itself. I think that will be the edge in the game. But we also have to work on holding on to the ball and working on our passing as well. But overall i think the Pirates will sail over the Tigers this year with flying colors  ;D
[/quote]

While we are working on that.  Something the coaches can fix is the stupid personnal foul penalties that keep happening.  Those are just dumb , undisipline football and drive killers.

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="1038657" timestamp="1313932278"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=86956.msg1038557#msg1038557 date=1313895721]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=86956.msg1038474#msg1038474 date=1313886996]
[/quote]

Anyways it looks like Texas high has got a defense that is returning with some speed but with our last scrimmage we faced a pretty good defense with some speed also, yet we had a running back, David Bolinger, who had 158 yards with 8 carries averaging 19.75 yards a carry and IMO those stats speak for itself. I think that will be the edge in the game. But we also have to work on holding on to the ball and working on our passing as well. But overall i think the Pirates will sail over the Tigers this year with flying colors  ;D
[/quote]

While we are working on that.  Something the coaches can fix is the stupid personnal foul penalties that keep happening.  Those are just dumb , undisipline football and drive killers.
[/quote]

Fortunately the 2 personal foul penalties didn't hurt the Pirates in the scrimmage since the Refs. weren't marking off the yardage, but yea those type of penalties are inexcusable. The individual that committed those fouls will not make that same mistake again believe me because I'm the official sanctioning agent over that young man!  ;)

[quote name="VPirate" post="1038669" timestamp="1313935771"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=86956.msg1038657#msg1038657 date=1313932278]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=86956.msg1038557#msg1038557 date=1313895721]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fortunately the 2 personal foul penalties didn't hurt the Pirates in the scrimmage since the Refs. weren't marking off the yardage, but yea those type of penalties are inexcusable. The individual that committed those fouls will not make that same mistake again believe me because I'm the official sanctioning agent over that young man!  ;)
[/quote] NICE!!! lol

[quote name="VPirate" post="1038669" timestamp="1313935771"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=86956.msg1038657#msg1038657 date=1313932278]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Better watch out.  Some one on this thread might get upset with you. You might be getting their "2cents" on that one. :'( :'(

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1038557" timestamp="1313895721"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow,  thats impressive.  I guess the rest of the [b]team[/b] doesnt have to make the trip to Lufkin.  ::)

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Everyone knows that its a team effort when the teams scores and wins but certain players have certain effects on the game. Many would argue that without Ford the Wildcats wouldn't have made it to state both years. I'm just simply saying he was a key player in that game as were many other players including Quirante who had a game changing play. Lets not make this personal.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1038897" timestamp="1313964564"]
Everyone knows that its a team effort when the teams scores and wins but certain players have certain effects on the game. Many would argue that without Ford the Wildcats wouldn't have made it to state both years. I'm just simply saying he was a key player in that game as were many other players including Quirante who had a game changing play. Lets not make this personal.
[/quote]

Your the one that has the problem with dropping names.  Nothing "personal",  but when you put it out there, dont take it personally when people respond in a manner you dont like.  Its one thing when a fan from another team says wow that QB was something or that RB was great or their line was awsome,  but when its just self promotion from a family member it gets annoying.  Just like the way you are high jacking the Nedarland vs WOS thread with this same garbage.  Win or lose the game against Texas High its going to be a team effort.  Especially with the Slot-T offense that needs everyone to do their job to get the plays off.  One Team, One Mission

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder