Baytown Lee vs. Angleton Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

I have no idea how they look.
With gibson and franklin, they should be ok.
I imagine a couple of those freshmen from CB may make varsity too.

I would expect a shootout next week.

I haven't seen Kenny Powers post in a while.  I think he may have the lowdown on RSS.
Haven't seen GCM post either this year.  Maybe his son has graduated?

Guest UHCoog14
Maybe GCM changed his screen-name because  his son graduated.

GCM  will be ok this  year.  Looking at the schedule it's hard to  find the wins  right now. If they can get better at o-line and the d plays better, I  could see them finishing 4th.

The only positive  for RSS is that they are bringing back  the star. I be suprised  if they can win  4  games.

[quote name="UHCoog14" post="1038306" timestamp="1313870115"]
Maybe GCM changed his screen-name because  his son graduated.

GCM  will be ok this  year.  Looking at the schedule it's hard to  find the wins  right now. If they can get better at o-line and the d plays better, I  could see them finishing 4th.

The only positive  for RSS is that they are bringing back  the star. I be suprised  if they can win  4  games.
[/quote]Maybe GCM son is a [color=red]COOG[/color] :)

ok, makes sense
How did GCM do in their scrimmage?

I could see Lee going winless this year.
I don't see how they are going to stop anyone on defense.
This is the type of defense that is going to give up 4 play 80 yard drives all day long against good teams.
They HAVE to play guys both ways if they want to get any stops at al.

Not sure about RSS's varsity group but the CB stars along with the two studs at gentry are all playing on the frosh A team although they could all be on jv easily....probably just want to keep them together as they have a new system and first time to play together. This is a group to watch, lots of speed and talent.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1038104" timestamp="1313843286"]
Maybe Jabu can shed some light on what exactly Lee was doing last night with the substitution patterns.

I can't say as I blame the coach necessarily.  When you only have 28 guys on the team, and the whole team really revolves around those 7-8 guys that are actually really good players, you can't be messing around in scrimmage getting someone hurt.

Selfishgly speaking, it made for a long night for me.
After that second series of 1 v 1's which was after 8:00 pm by this point, I just KNEW they were saving the guys for a game portion or something.  Nope.  Sat around another hour watching to no avail.

I really was not able to glean much from the scrimmage.  Lee has a horrible defense when Speedy, Zellars and Landry are not playing both ways.  I can't say as they would have stopped them if they had played both ways.  Probably not. 

Which is again why I think we will find out much more about Lee next week.
This week seemed more like an NFL pre-season game.  Very little playing time for anyone that will actually be playing on Friday night.

[/quote]
Talking to Landry the scrimmage was about Nobody gets hurt. They know what they have on Offense. It was open tryouts on defense. Lee vs anybody will be a first one to 35 points wins

GCM look okay. Teams can run on them a little bit on Defense. On offense Dre did better than I thought he would do. They ran the ball real well on Lumberton and G-Ball. O-line needs a lot of work on pass blocking. Overall they did good against Lumberton and Ball. How that translate to wins is a wait and see thing. They will either be 0-3 or 1-2 before they get into district play.

I am here to tell you that the open tryouts did not successfully find many promising applicants.

#18 who played corner and also some receiver looked good.  He's a guy that I am having trouble placing a name on.  #2 at Safety was fast and had good size, just didn't look too comfortable at that position.

#8 at olb was the best linebacker they got.  They have two second string inside backers that were better than the first team.  They looked like the backup running backs.  T.Lee was ok at one outside backer spot, then they can stick #8(Richardson I believe) at another one, and the two back up running backs in the middle.  That is their best shot at slowing anyone down.

I want to believe that Angleton's offense is also just really good and difficult to stop. (wishful thinking)

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1038674" timestamp="1313937191"]
I am here to tell you that the open tryouts did not successfully find many promising applicants.

#18 who played corner and also some receiver looked good.  He's a guy that I am having trouble placing a name on.  #2 at Safety was fast and had good size, just didn't look too comfortable at that position.

#8 at olb was the best linebacker they got.  They have two second string inside backers that were better than the first team.  They looked like the backup running backs.  T.Lee was ok at one outside backer spot, then they can stick #8(Richardson I believe) at another one, and the two back up running backs in the middle.  That is their best shot at slowing anyone down.

I want to believe that Angleton's offense is also just really good and difficult to stop. (wishful thinking)
[/quote]

Number 2 is Jamari Gilbert it is his first year playing football. His dad used to play for Houston Oilers.

28 guys on Lee's varsity??? wow...that is just sad, even for a Sterling grad that is sad...i can't believe they have gone from what they were to that...wow

guess i will never get to see the day where both sterling and lee were good and The Game means something again...wish i wouldve known back then that was really the beginning of the end...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder