Whats going on in Kountze???

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="HTA" post="1023500" timestamp="1310251301"]
Rumor is that Kountze is having a changing of the gaurd! Any truth to this?
[/quote]

I was told that in a special board meeting on July 1st that James Stevenson was reassigned from his AD duties. He was offered a buyout and refused.

Have not heard who will take over his duties.

Talked to some family up there and they assured me BIG change is on its way.  For years those kids have needed it for sure as they have been the laughing stock of 2a with their trainer AD and terrible boys athletics, especially FBall. oops with exception of BBall but they grow that no matter what. Way to go Kountze maybe you guys can bust out of that loosing tradition up there and make some big news. Good Luck Lion Kiddos.

Yes..coach hodges took over in 2005 i believe and he took a program that hasnt had a winning season in a long long time. Had back to back winning seasons and almost made the play-offs and was coach of the year in a good district

I believe hurricane Rita hit and they only got to play 6 or 7 games that year and didnt win any games.  then his next year Hodges was able to go 4-6 with a bunch of sophmores and then he went 7-3 and 5-4 respectfully.  one of those years they beat EC for the first time ever and was even ranked #1 in the district by Dave Campbell Magazine.  My nephew played on his team and said he was a great coach and a heck of a motivator. 

Talked to the Kountze crowd and its out.  No more same ole same old there. The head coach is out along with the rest. I applaud those who are bringing change for their kids. I have watched Kountze for years loaded with talent have loosing seasons. I just checked and Kountze used to be 3a and now they are a large 2a. They should be competing at the distict level in all sports with what they have up there.  Congrats to the new sheriff's in town!

[quote name="utfan06" post="1023848" timestamp="1310414501"]
Welli haven't heard about a new football coach but that's good news... I mean he was 0-10 at orangefield before he came to kountze... I don't see why he was hired in the first place
[/quote]

Stewert was not the head coach at Orangefield. When did Orangefield go 0-10?

BTW, Stewert has resigned as head football coach at Kountze to become assistant at Lumberton.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Kountze-football-coach-Mike-Stewart-resigns-1461171.php

WOW!!!!!!!How about a little respect for coach Stewart....all the kids are heart broken ..It's like warren in baseball it took a couple years to make things happen.....but we all know coach Stewart did not get his chance !!  So sad to see these boys getting hurt because of a hidden agenda !!I wonder who is next on the school boards chopping block !!  Again, they miss the point !!!

Sorry but I dont see an agenda to improve football in Kountze as some kind of dark agenda. Come on, Just look at their many years of loosing and what effect is has had on yuour kids up there. Its almost like people who run that school in the past have enjoyed waisting alot of great talent and loosing.  And as far as being heartbroken, your ballplayers may as well learn a life lesson in regards to change.  Hello.. its what we deal with everyday in the real world.  Grow up focus on getting better and building a good football program. Im sure your coach was a great guy but no other district would allow the year in year out loosing record. hope to hear good things now, good luck to kountze.

My name is Paul Colton. I am a coach in Kountze. I have heard many people through the years make uninformed statements about what is wrong with the football program. I have worked in many districts in this area as a coach and have enjoyed some success. I have spent 12 of my 25 years of experience in Kountze on 2 seperate occasions. There have been untold numbers of coaches, citizens, parents, teachers, administrators, board members, and flunkies that have expressed their opinions and helped to take action concerning what is wrong with the football program.
In the last 30 years (since 1981) Kountze has had 12 different head coaches and close to 100 assistant coaches come and go. Every possible philosophy of football has been explored. Offenses, defenses, special teams, motivational strategies, weight programs, etc...
Amidst all this exposure there has only been 2 winning seasons (full seasons) and no playoff games. The athletes here work as hard as any place I have coached.
My suggestion is to try the one thing that has been lacking. Cosistency. Let the student athletes in Kountze have something they can count on. For the last 30 years Change is the only constant. Community members need to put aside their petty selfish desires to want to RUN things and commit to a healthy support system. Allow something good to take hold and support it.

I hear Splendora or Tomball is where the new AD will be coming from !  Funny same place the New Super is from ! Isn't that interesting.  And I am sure he will make more money than the current AD made just as the new super is making more than the Super who just retired and had been with the district for 25 years. What a joke, they tell the people they are doing this to save money to put more in the classrooms. Ha Ha ! As far as what Coach Colton said...... Well Said Coach ! I am glad someone finally decided to step up and speak for these kids ! Not once did anyone on that board consider what they have done to the Senior boys final year. Not once did they go sit down with their athletes and ask them one question.  Now they get to start a whole new program that was starting to take hold.  As usual, we just can't give anything time.  There is never any consistency in this school district due to parental involvement.  I am not talking about the good kind of involvement folks, I am talking about involvement in the sports programs that is detrimental to a sports program.  Hey if your kid doesn't start..... maybe he shouldn't start.  It is time to grow up and quit playing with this little league mentality.  Which is every kid plays and every kid gets a trophy.  That is not how life is and trust me Daddy isn't going to come save your jobs when you grow up.  Well,  unless you work for him.  Guys if you think you can do better go get your degree and get out and be a coach !!  I can't wait to see how the new AD reacts to these parents who think they know more about the game then the coaches do!  I hope he has thick skin because this town has a bunch of arm chair quarterbacks who are still living out their dreams through their kids.  Let these coaches coach these kids and stay out of it !!
Also, on a side note....... the board continues to lie to the public about why Stewart left ! You really think he left for more money ?  Really an Assistant in Lumberton makes more than the head coach in Kountze ? The man left because he was afraid he was going to loose his job and he clearly stated in the paper that the Super could not give him an answer as to whether or not he had a job ! Now if you have a wife and kids aren't you going to leave ? I know I would, my family always comes first. Perhaps this new board who is for change should work on some educational issues.  After all, I don't care if we win district in every sport, if your kids can't score high enough on their SAT to get in a decent college than it is all useless.  Small Town politics aren't they the greatest ? ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics