10 yr olds / Little League Game thread

[quote name="sports girl" post="1021671" timestamp="1309491247"]
big red spoonbill and 1218 I think that yall do not have a dog in the fight. The teacher you are bashing on here is an awesome teacher who was hurt for her kid. Her child is taught all of the time how to channel his anger and it is obvious that it takes a while to correct things look at yall and bballdude! how old are yall and yall have still not corrected yourselves! [u][b]I feel that yall think that yall are better than others and give yourselves the right to say and act the way yall want. Step back and look at yourselves before you go bashing everyone else.[/b][/u] I know for a fact that 1218 didnt see any kid on our team slam his helmet. I wish i could be around for two of you to have kids and see how you react when they are hurt!!! as for bballdude thank goodness for your wife!!! Lets talk maturity making fun of the way someone talks and spells so mature!! Also the kid that was ejected was talked to by his parents and is learning from this. He is a great kid and has a lot of heart and respect for the game! He does not like to mess up or do anything wrong. The way I see it brubaker and the rest of you bashing this kid and his familly, yall do not expect them to say or react in any way but look at your comments!
[/quote]

Why don't you do the same before mentioning Mark Merchant's name on here and acting all high and mighty Mrs. sports girl. Talking down on an umpire after following the rules. Looks like an example of acting like you are better than others. And if it was your kid that got thrown out last night, you sure did act and say the way you wanted, right in front of all the kids. So why don't you step back and look at yourself in the mirror before doing that again.This is exactly what you did earlier if I recall.

[quote author=sports girl link=topic=84994.msg1021402#msg1021402 date=1309408379]
The umpire cursed the stands! The coach gets ejected and the kid gets ejected but umpire mark merchant can provoke grandparents after the game and the home plate umpire can curse the fans. Why were the umpires not reprimanded? I witnessed Mark Merchant grab a child by the shirt and get in his face before while he was umpiring a game and the boy was only 9. He should not be allowed around kids. In my opinion the kid was ejected because the umpires were mad about the fans response to the coach being ejected for going to the bathroom during the game. I think those umpires were a disgrace to the game! This will not be the end of this.
[/quote]

I've known Mark for a very long time, He never "grabbed a child by the shirt and get in his face before while he was umpiring a game". This is senseless talk because you are mad. You are taking your anger out on this message board by spreading rumors, and Mark doesn't deserve that. He is one of the most respected umpires in Southeast Texas, the best I've seen around here. He is qualified to umpire at the Little League World Series, that tells me that he knows his stuff when it comes to baseball. I believe Mark when he says he saw the kid slam down his helmet, and I have heard many others say that they saw the kid do so as well. A very poor display of maturity from the Nederland fans and coaches last night, and I hate to say that because I've grown up in Nederland and have been a fan all my life.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sports girl
Please leave the kid and his family out of this you really do not know what you are talking about!! You are a kid and one day you will grow up. That kid is 10 and this game is a big part of his life. [quote name="dogs1218" post="1021692" timestamp="1309495025"]
The only thing I asked is that personal attacks to people on this public forum be stopped :D And you said I didnt have a clue, but I sure can judge for myself since I was actually at the game right by the ump.. Take is easy! The kid will play more baseball in his life ;)

[/quote]

Guest sports girl
Yes he did grab a kid by the shirt while umpiring a game. I was there!!![quote name="BigRed42" post="1021694" timestamp="1309495227"]
[quote author=sports girl link=topic=84994.msg1021671#msg1021671 date=1309491247]
big red spoonbill and 1218 I think that yall do not have a dog in the fight. The teacher you are bashing on here is an awesome teacher who was hurt for her kid. Her child is taught all of the time how to channel his anger and it is obvious that it takes a while to correct things look at yall and bballdude! how old are yall and yall have still not corrected yourselves! [u][b]I feel that yall think that yall are better than others and give yourselves the right to say and act the way yall want. Step back and look at yourselves before you go bashing everyone else.[/b][/u] I know for a fact that 1218 didnt see any kid on our team slam his helmet. I wish i could be around for two of you to have kids and see how you react when they are hurt!!! as for bballdude thank goodness for your wife!!! Lets talk maturity making fun of the way someone talks and spells so mature!! Also the kid that was ejected was talked to by his parents and is learning from this. He is a great kid and has a lot of heart and respect for the game! He does not like to mess up or do anything wrong. The way I see it brubaker and the rest of you bashing this kid and his familly, yall do not expect them to say or react in any way but look at your comments!
[/quote]

Why don't you do the same before mentioning Mark Merchant's name on here and acting all high and mighty Mrs. sports girl. Talking down on an umpire after following the rules. Looks like an example of acting like you are better than others. And if it was your kid that got thrown out last night, you sure did act and say the way you wanted, right in front of all the kids. So why don't you step back and look at yourself in the mirror before doing that again.This is exactly what you did earlier if I recall.

[quote author=sports girl link=topic=84994.msg1021402#msg1021402 date=1309408379]
The umpire cursed the stands! The coach gets ejected and the kid gets ejected but umpire mark merchant can provoke grandparents after the game and the home plate umpire can curse the fans. Why were the umpires not reprimanded? I witnessed Mark Merchant grab a child by the shirt and get in his face before while he was umpiring a game and the boy was only 9. He should not be allowed around kids. In my opinion the kid was ejected because the umpires were mad about the fans response to the coach being ejected for going to the bathroom during the game. I think those umpires were a disgrace to the game! This will not be the end of this.
[/quote]

I've known Mark for a very long time, He never "grabbed a child by the shirt and get in his face before while he was umpiring a game". This is senseless talk because you are mad. You are taking your anger out on this message board by spreading rumors, and Mark doesn't deserve that. He is one of the most respected umpires in Southeast Texas, the best I've seen around here. He is qualified to umpire at the Little League World Series, that tells me that he knows his stuff when it comes to baseball. I believe Mark when he says he saw the kid slam down his helmet, and I have heard many others say that they saw the kid do so as well. A very poor display of maturity from the Nederland fans and coaches last night, and I hate to say that because I've grown up in Nederland and have been a fan all my life.
[/quote]

Guest sports girl
I am not the kids mother and the kid slammed his helmet on the bench in the dugout so the only people that would have seen it were the bc fans... Did you see the ned coaches make a big scene when the bc kid tossed his helmet?  I have known mm for a long time also and he is not well respected by many!!! He acted no better than anyone at the park last night. [quote name="BigRed42" post="1021694" timestamp="1309495227"]
[quote author=sports girl link=topic=84994.msg1021671#msg1021671 date=1309491247]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Guest sports girl
quote author=BigRed42 link=topic=84994.msg1021698#msg1021698 date=1309495608]
No he did not, I was there as well. And I was paying attention to the game instead of running all over the place yelling at the umpires  8)
[/quote]

[quote name="sports girl" post="1021699" timestamp="1309495657"]
I am not the kids mother and [u][b]the kid slammed his helmet on the bench in the dugout[/b][/u] so the only people that would have seen it were the bc fans... Did you see the ned coaches make a big scene when the bc kid tossed his helmet?  I have known mm for a long time also and he is not well respected by many!!! He acted no better than anyone at the park last night.
[/quote]

FINALLY, someone admits to it happening instead of lying about it and saying he didn't do it.

[quote name="BigRed42" post="1021701" timestamp="1309495774"]
[quote author=sports girl link=topic=84994.msg1021699#msg1021699 date=1309495657]
I am not the kids mother and [u][b]the kid slammed his helmet on the bench in the dugout[/b][/u] so the only people that would have seen it were the bc fans... Did you see the ned coaches make a big scene when the bc kid tossed his helmet?  I have known mm for a long time also and he is not well respected by many!!! He acted no better than anyone at the park last night.
[/quote]

FINALLY, someone admits to it happening instead of lying about it and saying he didn't do it.
[/quote]

LOL! :D

Thats good enough to me! Hey Bigred42, lets let this lady vent all that emotion and get out the way. Eventually she will get banned ;)

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1021702" timestamp="1309495914"]
[quote author=BigRed42 link=topic=84994.msg1021701#msg1021701 date=1309495774]
[quote author=sports girl link=topic=84994.msg1021699#msg1021699 date=1309495657]
[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL! :D

Thats good enough to me! Hey Bigred42, lets let this lady vent all that emotion and get out the way. Eventually she will get banned ;)
[/quote]

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!!  ;D

Guest sports girl
quote author=BigRed42 link=topic=84994.msg1021701#msg1021701 date=1309495774]
[quote name="sports girl" post="1021699" timestamp="1309495657"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote name="sports girl" post="1021704" timestamp="1309495958"]
He was thrown out for throwing his hat he didnt it never left his hand!!! Leave the kid alone. [u][b]Dont you have some growing up to do!![/b][/u][quote
[/quote]

Ditto sports girl, ditto

[quote author="sports girl"]
Whoever you are no one denied him slamming the hat on the bench in the dugout!!! Just let it go please obviously yall are young and immature and you are right we were upset but it is still not right the way mm acted. Just go on your way you really have no business in this anyway. The mother and father of this child are good people and very dear to the community. Please just let them handle this and go on your way.
[/quote]

Why are you assuming that I'm young and immature? You are doing the exact same stuff on this board. If I don't have business in this then you don't have any business in calling out Mark Merchant on this board. That was a low blow. Mark is a very close friend of mine, so I'm just defending him as you are defending the mother and father of this child. As long as you keep firing, I will keep firing back. Once you go on your way, I'll go on mine.

[quote name="bballdude" post="1021599" timestamp="1309469478"]
Would love to stick around but if you haven't figured it out yet, I am one of those volunteer umpires that put up with hearing you, your wife and the grandparents each night and I have another game to umpire tonight, my 9th game in 5 days so please bring your rule books tomorrow or I'll be preaching it once again! ;D  I'm OUT!
[/quote]Volunteers get paid these days ???

Sports girl just let it go...DOGS1218 is a young man who went to school with Trevin I know him he is just having fun with it...If he had a problem with any of it he could have addressed it Wed night..I had a problem with it and I let Mark and the other Little Buddy know how I felt..And I do not see a problem with saying what I feel on here (did not say I am always right)..But I will never hide behind a screen name (Bubba Sonnier) I let everybody know how I felt about it and I don't care if Marks 2 freinds care..Just like they don't care about what we think..I know most everybody that post on here..Not because they tell you but you just find out and 80% of them DON'T understand about being a competitor in sports(THEY PLAYED BUT DID NOT COMPETE).....Mark has tossed me more than twice that is all I will say ..no I am not mad because that is one place he has any kind of authority..That is baseball...And if Mark needs bigred to get on here and be his hero so be it...I promise you Mark has a screen name and he has already posted ..more than once...These umpires have a job to do ...but I think they got a little carried away Wed night.. If I would have known I could not leave the dugout I never would have done it...And I will say this I WOULD GO TO BATTLE ANY DAY OF THE WEEK WITH The Hiltzs..Richards..becuase they are true competitors at what ever they do...Seems to me it could be some people "R" SHOWING A little JEALOUSY..Everybody calm down its all fun and games until someone gets a eye put out :P.."O" yeah and I like my kids teacher ;)

I am not the kids mother and the kid slammed his helmet on the bench in the dugout so the only people that would have seen it were the [color=red]bc fans[/color]... Did you see the ned coaches make a big scene when the [color=red]bc kid tossed his helmet[/color]?  I have known mm for a long time also and he is not well respected by many!!! He acted no better than anyone at the park last night.

Keep B.C. out of this.... The coaches had nothing to do with it!!!!

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1021665" timestamp="1309488957"]
That same ump rung up a Port Neches coach tonight as soon as he walked on the field. I think he's going after the famous little league ump of the year award. He took off running from umping third base to the first base line to kick a coach out for having skoal in his mouth. This guy is eagle eye. The game was just starting! I gave my son a cup to pee in while was in the dugout, just in case. ;D

oh yea, a parent From the other team was takings pictures of thier son batting and got too close to our dugout. Guess who starts hollering across the field for the parent leave that location? Yep, ump of the year. Some discretion please!!!!!
[/quote]

SCORE?????

[quote name="BS-er" post="1021735" timestamp="1309522143"]
I am not the kids mother and the kid slammed his helmet on the bench in the dugout so the only people that would have seen it were the [color=red]bc fans[/color]... Did you see the ned coaches make a big scene when the [color=red]bc kid tossed his helmet[/color]?  I have known mm for a long time also and he is not well respected by many!!! He acted no better than anyone at the park last night.

Keep B.C. out of this.... The coaches had nothing to do with it!!!!
[/quote]I pee-pee..B.C had nothing to do with that.. :D :D :D...We will be done with this dead horse soon ;)

[quote name="BS-er" post="1021739" timestamp="1309524229"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=84994.msg1021665#msg1021665 date=1309488957]
That same ump rung up a Port Neches coach tonight as soon as he walked on the field. I think he's going after the famous little league ump of the year award. He took off running from umping third base to the first base line to kick a coach out for having skoal in his mouth. This guy is eagle eye. The game was just starting! I gave my son a cup to pee in while was in the dugout, just in case. ;D

oh yea, a parent From the other team was takings pictures of thier son batting and got too close to our dugout. Guess who starts hollering across the field for the parent leave that location? Yep, ump of the year. Some discretion please!!!!!
[/quote]

SCORE?????
[/quote]This was the 10s P.N won pretty big

[quote name="faub10" post="1021621" timestamp="1309474824"]
Well bballdude,,,if u were behind the plate or at 1st base last nite,,,yur an idiot and ain't worth a s#&*  for a volunteer umpire,,,,,,,,if not I'm sorry,,,cause the other 2 umps really didnnt say much or have very much action last nite,,,,,,
[/quote]

faub10. I do not umpire in your league.  Not that I wouldn't but like most Little Leagues, ours has a shortage of volunteers and its own set of issues.

well well....the ump behind the plate was exactly who i thought it was...know him quite well. i haven't been kicked out of any of his games, but have had a kid and a coach kicked out by him. the kid was kicked out for basically the same thing....jamming/slamming his helmet in it's holder. i didn't have a problem with it. my coach was thrown out for leaving the dugout to talk to a parent "without asking for permission". during the pre-game meeting, the same plate umpire made it VERY clear that leaving the dugout without permission would result in an ejection. i relayed this info VERY clearly to my coaches, but one forgot. i thought it was harsh at the time mainly because it was a regular season game, but the point is he made it VERY clear. he even said something on the line of "i'm not kidding on this...you will be ejected". i've also heard that there WAS a warning on leaving the field. i believe the ejected coach was "retrieved" once before in the game to come back on the field while he was filling a cooler while the ball was in play? correct me if i'm wrong on this. i also found out who sportsgirl is....enough said. btw, the ump behind the plate has been to state more than one time as has the first base blue, and the first base blue is on his way to williamsport later this year. obviously they are doing their job well. little league intl wants the rules followed to the t. if you don't like it do something else. little league will go on without you i promise. adults need to act like adults ESPECIALLY when kids are around looking up to you. a few people are making nederland look pretty foolish.

[quote name="sports girl" post="1021669" timestamp="1309490264"]
bbaalldude you are a disgrace to the game! you have no right being around kids. You have so many issues why dont you stay home and fix them. You bring your frustration to the game take it out on little kids and then expect the kids to act the way you want. You didnt see the kid from bc throw the hat did you. You were ridiculled by every person at that park last night. You should do everyone a favor and stay home!!!![quote author=bballdude link=topic=84994.msg1021521#msg1021521 date=1309453471]
Apparently, Little League coaches can now determine "which" rules to enforce and "which" rules will not be enforced and if things don't go their way, it's seems acceptable to call out umpires by name and dig up elementary or high school issues on this thread.  That's unfortunate and uncalled for!
[/quote]

sports girl...sorry to dissappoint you but I am [u][b][i]NOT[/i][/b][/u] the umpire you're looking to attack! I do not umpire in mid-county and your hostility is beyond comprehension.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder