Who has more fans Rangers or Astros

Gone to both stadiums in the last two weeks.. The topic is un-comparable.

I think it's safe to say that those Rangers fans are actual true fans now, because the Rangers are going to stay good for a very long time.

I think it's safe to say that the Astros are the ones that are guilty of having bandwagon fans, as none of their "fans" seem to be showing up to watch them play these last two years. I was at a game last week and there couldn't have been more than 15,000 people there at first pitch. In a 40K+ stadium, that looks very empty. I literally felt bad for the players.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="1016086" timestamp="1307100180"]
The astros packed the house every night 5 years ago. While the Rangers were the young team that didn't win many games and only had 20K. It fluctuates so much based on winning. (Unless your Tampa, then no one comes even if you win.)
[/quote]

Neither team has good fans.. Cubs, RedSox, etc... Have great fans year in year out.

[quote name="AJ25" post="1016155" timestamp="1307123629"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=84697.msg1016086#msg1016086 date=1307100180]
The astros packed the house every night 5 years ago. While the Rangers were the young team that didn't win many games and only had 20K. It fluctuates so much based on winning. (Unless your Tampa, then no one comes even if you win.)
[/quote]

Neither team has good fans.. Cubs, RedSox, etc... Have great fans year in year out.
[/quote]

I disagree with the comment on the Cubs having good fans.  In my opinion the Cubs do not have good baseball fans.  What the Cubs have is a historic stadium with a wonderful surrounding cast.  That surrounding cast happens to be the numerous amount of bars that cirlce Wrigley Field.  I'm not sure how many people on this site have had the opportunity to attend a game at Wrigley Field, but if you have I think you will agree with me.  50% of the fans at Wrigley are there for the game, the other 50% are there just to say they were.  Games at Wrigley are more of a social event, or a status symbol, than they are a baseball game.  I had the opportunity to go in 2005 and had a blast.  I went with someone that lives in Chicago and he told me that it isn't about the game.  Being a baseball fan, that was hard for me to believe.  Once I got to the game I realized that he was correct.  I spent over 100 dollars a ticket for myself, my brother, and our host, and was surrounded by people that couldn't name half of the starting line-up.  When I asked them why they attend games they told me because that was the thing to do.  Don't get me wrong, there are some very good fans in Chicago.  I just think it's half and half when it comes to true baseball fans.

[quote name="Ty Cobb" post="1016301" timestamp="1307161018"]
[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=84697.msg1016155#msg1016155 date=1307123629]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=84697.msg1016086#msg1016086 date=1307100180]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I disagree with the comment on the Cubs having good fans.  In my opinion the Cubs do not have good baseball fans.  What the Cubs have is a historic stadium with a wonderful surrounding cast.  That surrounding cast happens to be the numerous amount of bars that cirlce Wrigley Field.  I'm not sure how many people on this site have had the opportunity to attend a game at Wrigley Field, but if you have I think you will agree with me.  50% of the fans at Wrigley are there for the game, the other 50% are there just to say they were.  Games at Wrigley are more of a social event, or a status symbol, than they are a baseball game.  I had the opportunity to go in 2005 and had a blast.  I went with someone that lives in Chicago and he told me that it isn't about the game.  Being a baseball fan, that was hard for me to believe.  Once I got to the game I realized that he was correct.  I spent over 100 dollars a ticket for myself, my brother, and our host, and was surrounded by people that couldn't name half of the starting line-up.  When I asked them why they attend games they told me because that was the thing to do.  Don't get me wrong, there are some very good fans in Chicago.  I just think it's half and half when it comes to true baseball fans.
[/quote]

That is similar to what the Rangers fans were 10 -20 years ago. I went to many Rangers games for awhile starting when the Astros let Ryan go to the Rangers and was amazed at how many of their fans didn't even face the field during the game, it was more of a social event. As far as the Astros go, you can't blame fans for not going to a game when management is not even attempting to put a competitive team on the field. Hopefully with a new owner, they will become more agrresive. Not a knock on McLane because during his tenure he was willing to spend money, but many of their moves did not work. The Astros do not need to win the penant every year but they do need to be competitive. As far as the Rangers pretty easy to be a fan of a team who ws in the World Series last year. I'm an Astros fan but like the Rangers a lot. Overall attendance is down everywhere except in a few markets, next time you watch a game pay attention to the empty seats in the background.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder