Coaching 7 on 7

[size=14pt][color=crimson]What is the deal with coaches coaching there 7 on 7 teams. Is that legal and if not y are they doing it. Because the other day in a league all coaches were calling the plays ? Except for like one school.[/color][/size]

[quote name="bigd04" post="1012866" timestamp="1305914882"]
[size=14pt][color=crimson]What is the deal with coaches coaching there 7 on 7 teams. Is that legal and if not y are they doing it. Because the other day in a league all coaches were calling the plays ? Except for like one school.[/color][/size]
[/quote]

It is legal to do in "league play" because the leagues are governed by the schools that are participating, but illegal for any event that involves qualifying for the state tournament. Some schools don't even try to qualify for the tournament because their coaches want to be more hands-on with their players.

Wrong....It is illegal for coaches at a school to coach anything sport specific to their athletes in the summer except in camps.  A COACH CANNOT COACH HIS KIDS IN 7v7 at any time.  Now, that being said, it happens all the time.  Most times, coaches have a mutual agreement so to say.....As far as you getting on here and saying you witnessed it, give me a break.  You are just trying to stir things up.  If you do not like it, go to the coach in charge and tell them if he doesn't stop, you will turn him in to UIL.

Or here is a better idea....why don't you volunteer to coach the team.....go spend hours at the field house watching tape and learning the difference between cover 2 and cover 3 (since I am sure you have no idea)....learn how to tell the FS what his key is vs. empty in a spin coverage, or when 2 is out, look for 1 in....or waht the QB read is on box high when the defense rolls from 2 high to single high...Yeah, those kids will be ready to play in the fall.

[quote name="Elben1968" post="1013547" timestamp="1306165824"]
Wrong....It is illegal for coaches at a school to coach anything sport specific to their athletes in the summer except in camps.  A COACH CANNOT COACH HIS KIDS IN 7v7 at any time.  Now, that being said, it happens all the time.  Most times, coaches have a mutual agreement so to say.....As far as you getting on here and saying you witnessed it, give me a break.  You are just trying to stir things up.  If you do not like it, go to the coach in charge and tell them if he doesn't stop, you will turn him in to UIL.
[/quote]

That is my understanding as well.

[quote name="Elben1968" post="1013547" timestamp="1306165824"]
Wrong....It is illegal for coaches at a school to coach anything sport specific to their athletes in the summer except in camps.  A COACH CANNOT COACH HIS KIDS IN 7v7 at any time.  [b]Now, that being said, it happens all the time[/b]. 
[/quote]

Thank you for correcting me, the bolded part is what made me think that it was legal.

What it comes down to is everyone harps on these guys to win to the point that they wanna make sure their Offense and Defense is being run correctly. Years ago I wittness a Dad try to create his own Offense during 7 on 7.

So if it is "ok" for the coaches to do this then why does the UIL make it ILLEGAL for this to happen. I think your "excuse" of dads screwing things up can be said for every sport. The bottom line is that it is illegal (against the rules) and should not be happening. The coach, coaches, and school should be held accountable to the rule and accept the consequences if they do not.

[quote name="balla14" post="1014033" timestamp="1306335973"]
So if it is "ok" for the coaches to do this then why does the UIL make it ILLEGAL for this to happen. I think your "excuse" of dads screwing things up can be said for every sport. The bottom line is that it is illegal (against the rules) and should not be happening. The coach, coaches, and school should be held accountable to the rule and accept the consequences if they do not.
[/quote]

This rule is kind of like speeding.  People speed, and sometimes they get caught.  They normally get a ticket and go about their business.  No one cares or thinks they are a criminal, even though they broke a law.  Coaching 7 on 7 for coaches is illegal but who is going to be mad at a coach for coaching?  I don't know what the UIL would do to a coach, for not following this rule, but I bet the punishment is not to severe.

I was just curious as to why they have the rule if 90% of coaches do it anyway. It amazes me that there is a rule in place and people knowingly do not follow. How is that fair to the 10% that follow the rules? I honestly could care less just wondering what would happen if these schools started to get reported...there would be some unhappy folks...and why?? it is against the rules..just as if you get caught speeding..how many of you gladly take the ticket..not many

balla your a joke. The 10% that dont do it are to lazy or dont care. Trust me. As to why people dont turn them in is bc all that would happen would be a "hey coach some goofball reported yall. Can you keep quiet till it blows over."Also Parents like it when their team wins and so do players. This helps with winning. But a band parent like yourself wouldnt understand that. Or have you never gotten a warning for going 5 mph over before? Because this is what its equivalent. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder