Dropping HS Sports in Florida?

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="989654" timestamp="1301407747"]
yes....said some may cost $600 per student....I guess the rich kids can play...go figure!
[/quote]

http://hs.clinton.k12.ma.us/apps/news/show_news.jsp?REC_ID=182212&id=0

http://www.conval.edu/Schools/CVHS/athletics/fees.html

http://www.wbur.org/2010/11/09/sports-fees-arlington#

"The committee increased the fees from a range of $235 to $315 for one sport during the last school year to a range of $408 to $720 during the current year. The committee also dropped a discount for students playing a second sport, as well as the policy of charging no fee for a third team, and a cap that prevented any family from paying more than $850 per year."

Read more: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/athletes-sports-experience/2010/11/athletic-fee-hikes-hit-home-with-arlington-massachusetts-public-school-parents.html#ixzz1I0G9HZry

[quote name="BOBCAT" post="992286" timestamp="1301840894"]
Je voudrais remercier tous les abrutis qui ont voté pour Obama ! Chemin à parcourir mecs !
[/quote]

Translation:  I would like to thank all the morons who voted for Obama! Way to go guys!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="992330" timestamp="1301853970"]
[quote author=BOBCAT link=topic=82373.msg992286#msg992286 date=1301840894]
Je voudrais remercier tous les abrutis qui ont voté pour Obama ! Chemin à parcourir mecs !
[/quote]

Translation:  I would like to thank all the morons who voted for Obama! Way to go guys!
[/quote]wow

[quote name="Scooter!" post="992377" timestamp="1301865182"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=82373.msg992330#msg992330 date=1301853970]
[quote author=BOBCAT link=topic=82373.msg992286#msg992286 date=1301840894]
[/quote]

[/quote]wow
[/quote]

couldnt agree more!!!

• 2 weeks later...
This problem wasn't created in just the last 2 1/2 years....To pretend that either side is solely responsible for the predicament that we're in is to be absurd...Take off your glasses of choice (whether they be red or blue) and try to see the problem for what it is...It's a systematic failure of epic proportions...Both sides are to blame..They take turns screwing the average citizen...They continue to blow tax payer money on some of the stupidiest crap with nary a concern for the well being of others and the future generations...

It's very frustrating to watch...

You guys are going to think I'm nuts,  but here goes.    I've been in business for myself for well over 30 yr., so I've seen every administration, economic situation, recessions, etc.  I aim the blame at the current economic shortfalls to ONE MAIN THING....GAS PRICES!  Now hear me out on this one...

I'm in a different person's home almost every day, performing my job, and I listen to a lot of people, AND I've seen purse strings loosen and tighten.  In my whole career,  I have never seen ONE SINGLE THING that has shut those purses, like rising gas prices. When gas hit $4 a few yrs. ago, it was the beginning of all of these budget probs.  People are [i]genuinely scared[/i] of the unknown, especially how high those prices would climb.  Now,  I've watched those fears translate into clutching their wallets, and spending only on things that they just HAD to have.  THAT translates into less income for people like myself (and a colleague of mine with 30+ yrs. experience who, to date, has WORKED 3 DAYS THIS YEAR) and other businesses.  Those lost revenues directly translates into less tax revenue,  thus creating budget problems, and ultimately, like in this situation, the kids get hurt.

I wholeheartedly believe that the long term answer is for the administration to address the oil prices with real gusto, and make it a huge priority, but, unfortunately, the current admin, congress, Senate don't seem to give a rip that we pay $4 gallon or not.  I believe that we need to put people in place that will work on the real problems, and not short term band-aids.  This country needs cheaper oil!  END OF STORY!

Buddy you all hit the nail square on the head.. This all can be traced back to the price of gas. And by all means let not forget who was running the country when this all got started.... Bush, Cheney ... BIG OIL...  Why did we not finish the fight in Agafastain??? NO OIL... Why did we start the fight in Iraq??? Big Oil...

Without getting too deeply into the politics of the current, and sure to be future, money shortages, the "average" person can't afford to pay more in taxes to go along with job uncertainty, inflation in gas and grocery prices, clothing and pretty much everything else.  when the government says there is no inflation to speak of, just look at what you're paying for things now compared to 2009.  Plus how many of us have dead certain job security today?
As far as the schools cutting sports, according to the first article, there would be empty gyms, practice fields etc.  Not necessarily so, maybe the schools wouldn't have teams that played other schools or traveled throughout a district etc., but they could still play sports intramurally during the PE period, much like colleges and universities have intramural sports.  Not the same I know, but at least it wouldn't be doing away with school sports entirely.
If this ever happens to Texas H.S. football, then I would say the financial end is near and you'd best prepare yourself and your family for some real uncharted territory.

[quote name="True Blue" post="998507" timestamp="1302988439"]
Buddy you all hit the nail square on the head.. This all can be traced back to the price of gas. And by all means let not forget who was running the country when this all got started.... Bush, Cheney ... BIG OIL...  Why did we not finish the fight in Agafastain??? NO OIL... Why did we start the fight in Iraq??? Big Oil...
[/quote]

What you say is true,  but the current admin is doing nothing about it either.  In fact, they stopped deep water drilling, blaming it on the BP spill.  Now try to fathom the tax revenues that ended when THAT intelligent decision was made.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124