Saltwater

vhs

Swimming Image is great under the lights too.I found 4 @Vidor flea mkt.on weekends.Fellow in a inside boothe in the middle row.Lures are on the right as you come in the door in a rack in plastic sandwich bags.Range from $1-$2 ea.Found several corky's,Mirrolures,spooks as well.Tight lines ;)

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1039595" timestamp="1314069049"]
Just curious, can u fish the fish pass at Keith lake in a canoe with trolling motor?
[/quote]

Yes but that area really gets to ripping on some of the tides. Near the bank the current should not be so bad if it really kicks up.

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1042241" timestamp="1314417240"]
When does the flounder run start, and where would be a good place to fish for them from the bank?
[/quote]

Some places around Sabine Pass you can get to the shallow water when the run starts.

Look for the cold fronts to start pushing them toward the Gulf. The colder ones that really chill the water will send them packing.

I heard about good surf and fishing around Mc Fadden all week so I decided to check it out early this morning. The surf wasn’t bad but the water much sandier than reported during the week. A lot of fisherman but no fish. After a short while I decided to hop around Sabine Pass but didn’t catch anything to talk about. I’m not able to get out like I used to so it was still a great morning.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="bullets13" post="1054616" timestamp="1315730461"]
went out tonight, and it wasn't that great.  we probably caught close to 100 specks, but only 4 keepers, although one was a really nice 23 1/2 incher.
[/quote]

Although I haven't been lately, a couple of guys at work have fished around the channel at night and none have caught a keeper. Plenty of fish but nothing of legal size.

Getting hungry for me some redfish smoked on the pit.I gut them and wash them good w/fresh water/scrub the slim off the scales w/a brush.Brush olive oil inside the cavity and season w/slap ur momma and smoke it slow occasionally brushing inside w/garlic butter.When done the meat rolls right out of the dried shell.Serve w/garlic butter & mango/pineapple homemade salsa ;)

Can you believe the sat.Galveston Co.News fishing report incl.a most unusual report that Jason Garcia friday caught 4 trout & 2 slot reds using live minnows on Lake Houston.Art.stated Jason could not believe his eyes.That's crazy but for sure they have been catching Talipia in the lake according to Lake Patrol wardens.

[quote name="liltex" post="1054943" timestamp="1315791604"]
Getting hungry for me some redfish smoked on the pit.I gut them and wash them good w/fresh water/scrub the slim off the scales w/a brush.Brush olive oil inside the cavity and season w/slap ur momma and smoke it slow occasionally brushing inside w/garlic butter.When done the meat rolls right out of the dried shell.Serve w/garlic butter & mango/pineapple homemade salsa ;)
[/quote]
that sounds perfect! :D been fishing out in anahuac latley out in fort anahuac park..been using gulp shrimp and mullet. Been catching alot of rat reds but everything should heat up there soon. Thinking about hitting up the surf this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="mat" post="1084544" timestamp="1318726781"]
Tried McFadden beach around 8:00 this morning. Great water and weather. The beach also looked good. Caught four bulls with just one rod out. Also had fun with some whiting. Left before noon. A really enjoyable day.
[/quote]

What's the best bait for the bull reds?

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1086622" timestamp="1318907077"]
[quote author=mat link=topic=82035.msg1084544#msg1084544 date=1318726781]
Tried McFadden beach around 8:00 this morning. Great water and weather. The beach also looked good. Caught four bulls with just one rod out. Also had fun with some whiting. Left before noon. A really enjoyable day.
[/quote]

[/quote]

At the surf I always liked mullet or half mullet if they are real big.

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1086622" timestamp="1318907077"]
[quote author=mat link=topic=82035.msg1084544#msg1084544 date=1318726781]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Half mullet worked fine Saturday. Croaker, cut croaker or half crab will also work.

I did catch one on shrimp with light tackle while playing with the whiting. It was pretty cool

Hit the beach again for a couple of hours today. The surf was rougher than last than last Saturday but still caught one bull and one slot red, a nice drum and more whiting. Aside from the rougher water the weather was perfect and it was a great day with the family.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder