vhs

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="mat" post="1233532" timestamp="1341106820"]
Party boat trip for three of us out of Galveston Friday

[img]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/phillipmat/IMG-20120630-00184.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Which party boat did you go out on?  I've been thinking of going on one again, caught a monster Warsaw Grouper a few years ago on one out of Galveston.

[quote name="vhs" post="1233543" timestamp="1341114028"]
[quote author=mat link=topic=82035.msg1233532#msg1233532 date=1341106820]
Party boat trip for three of us out of Galveston Friday

[/quote]

Which party boat did you go out on?  I've been thinking of going on one again, caught a monster Warsaw Grouper a few years ago on one out of Galveston.
[/quote]
The New Buccaneer, 12 hr trip. They are targeting snapper right now during the short season. The season was just extended six more days. I didn't weigh any of the fish but I'm guessing the bigger ones are in the 14 lb range. It was a good trip

If you go offshore on a Galveston Party boat try to reserve a spot off the back of the boat.Less line crossing and you can drift a spanish sardine to catch kings,ling etc.Bring some wire leaders 24" and put 2 hooks 6" apart & hook 1 through the head,the other bury in the flesh behind the fin and attach a strong swivel to 1 end.Buy your own bait and fish big baits-not the small squid they chop up and put in the troughs and gets hot and keep your bait in a sm.cooler w/ice to keep fresh(note:fresh 6-8" mullet works well).You're better off to bring 2 of your own hvy rods cause theirs is junk ;)

[quote name="liltex" post="1233642" timestamp="1341233557"]
If you go offshore on a Galveston Party boat try to reserve a spot off the back of the boat.Less line crossing and you can drift a spanish sardine to catch kings,ling etc.Bring some wire leaders 24" and put 2 hooks 6" apart & hook 1 through the head,the other bury in the flesh behind the fin and attach a strong swivel to 1 end.Buy your own bait and fish big baits-not the small squid they chop up and put in the troughs and gets hot and keep your bait in a sm.cooler w/ice to keep fresh(note:fresh 6-8" mullet works well).You're better off to bring 2 of your own hvy rods cause theirs is junk ;)
[/quote]
I agree. I thought about getting some mullet but time slipped up on me. You have to reserve far in advance to get at the back of the boat. I may bring my own rod next time but the ones supplied by the boat will get the job done.

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1233740" timestamp="1341321883"]
Yall need to come jump on Grumpy Two and catch a mess of big fish. Those party boats leave a bit to be desired.
[/quote]
I thought you were having some work done. Have you been out lately?

[quote name="mat" post="1233753" timestamp="1341331820"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=82035.msg1233740#msg1233740 date=1341321883]
Yall need to come jump on Grumpy Two and catch a mess of big fish. Those party boats leave a bit to be desired.
[/quote]
I thought you were having some work done. Have you been out lately?
[/quote]

Getting some aluminum welding done on tower.  I have been giving Liltex bass lessons lately......LOL  Hoping to get out after this week. Need some salt water on my gills.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys , some really great posts on here . I fish the marsh areas around reds and long island . On a good calm day , we will run over to the spillway . Don't have to boats for running the bay when there is a good chop . I am looking for a guide that is reasonable to take my wife  2 sons and I out to hopefully get on some reds and specs . does anyone have any suggestions .

[quote name="DaytonBaseball101" post="1240687" timestamp="1343666669"]
Hey guys , some really great posts on here . I fish the marsh areas around reds and long island . On a good calm day , we will run over to the spillway . Don't have to boats for running the bay when there is a good chop . I am looking for a guide that is reasonable to take my wife  2 sons and I out to hopefully get on some reds and specs . does anyone have any suggestions .
[/quote]
Are you asking about Sabine Lake?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83