Saltwater

vhs

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="westend1" post="1275123" timestamp="1347983902"]
My lift at Sabine Pass Port Authority is allegedly getting installed today.  By next week, I should be chasing those reds.  Think Chester will go with a "lefty"?
[/quote]

Yes, if you are talking left handed reels.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1282891" timestamp="1348711832"]
Great haul Bullets.
I went to Sabine Lake on Sat.,  no birds working as tide died down.  So,  I visited my old faithfu and boated about 20 trout, w/ 10 keepers.  Not a bad day after all.
[/quote]

birds were all over the lake sunday, just had to find them.  small fish though.  if we hadn't been fishing with LA licenses we'd have had about 4 keepers.  but 13 and 14 inch fish taste just as good as 20 inch fish :)

[quote name="westend1" post="1275123" timestamp="1347983902"]
My lift at Sabine Pass Port Authority is allegedly getting installed today.  By next week, I should be chasing those reds.  Think Chester will go with a "lefty"?
[/quote]you should master the skill of getting the boat in the stall and on the sling before you venture out of the Port Authority to chase Reds around the lake.  Glad to hear that you are at the port authority these days, its safer for you there.  :)

[quote name="getripped" post="1290143" timestamp="1349349654"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=82035.msg1275123#msg1275123 date=1347983902]
[/quote]you should master the skill of getting the boat in the stall and on the sling before you venture out of the Port Authority to chase Reds around the lake.  Glad to hear that you are at the port authority these days, its safer for you there.  :)
[/quote]  Yeah, well.  SC says he is taking you out this weekend.  I'll be in Junction so I won't have to watch him wreck the new boat.  Good luck!

Red's, specks, brown trout, whiting, croaker, and flounder have been biting pretty good at Pleasure Island. I have personally seen several 40" + reds caught on both ends of the Island. Now that we have these fronts moving in every so often, all the fishing is gonna do is get better! I always had been told that when I was grabbing my gun to go hunting, I should instead be grabbing my rod and reel. Good luck, happy fishing, and MAY GOD BLESS! Be safe on the water.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1320176" timestamp="1352078714"]
I LOVE sandtrout.  People tell me they have problems freezing them,  but I have never had a problem with it.
[/quote]I don't freeze sand trout because they are mushy when they thaw even when frozen in water. I eat them fried when they are fresh. My favorite spot in Nov. for sandies is seawolf park after a cold front.

Trout were biting early in Trinity Bay under birds this past week. The bite was over by 10:00am.

[quote name="bh15" post="1320677" timestamp="1352133111"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=82035.msg1320176#msg1320176 date=1352078714]
I LOVE sandtrout.  People tell me they have problems freezing them,  but I have never had a problem with it.
[/quote]I don't freeze sand trout because they are mushy when they thaw even when frozen in water. I eat them fried when they are fresh. My favorite spot in Nov. for sandies is seawolf park after a cold front.

Trout were biting early in Trinity Bay under birds this past week. The bite was over by 10:00am.
[/quote]

That's exactly what I was referring to,  but that NEVER happens to me.  Strange

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder