Saltwater

vhs

I don't know that it was 30 minutes. I was more like one of them and then a 10 minute gap. Then it was 3 that were 20" or larger in about 5 minutes.

My largest was 18" but it looked small next to those bulked up 20 inchers.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="westend1" post="1021948" timestamp="1309563691"]
OK   I have a couple of friends with lighted piers on south Pleasure Island.  Next week, two lefties, me and Three Balls, take on Hippy and TVC for all the marbles.   Losers change parties.  Who is in?
[/quote]

I'm absolutely in, but i'm going out of town next friday.

7-1-11 Took 3 grandkids bank fishing @ Anahuac Wildlife Refruge and fished off frozen point w/live shrimp.We caught specs,sand trout,gafftop,nice croakers from 6 am till 10 am.Trout were busting pods of shad everywhere but it got slow after fighting and winning catching a 3" shark.Got to hot and kids drank all the soft drinks so we left em biting but lost 15.00 in tackle from all the rocks the corps of engineers put out there for erosion.Fact is now there is no grass for baitfish/bigfish to feed in.Added the rocks are slippery and dangerous.Only a few areas cleared to launch or wade out from.The east bay boat ramp last 3 times out had to push pole w/motor trimmed for 1st 100 yds to get out and in.Seems there interest is for bird watching w/new facility on 563 off the shoreline of lake anahuac about 1/2 mi south of turtle bayou.I bet fed $ were in hundreds of thousands dollars.Locals are teeded off and said and yet we got a tin building for a hospital in Anahuac.

Took my 24 ft Robalo to the B rock yesterday.    70 miles of bumpy water has me a little sore today.     2 snapper each, even though they were good size, hardly makes that trip worthwhile.  Caught a 15 pounder at a rig about 40 miles out on the way home.   Burned 95 gallons of fuel.   I'm thinking those snapper cost us about #30 per pound.
http://s955.photobucket.com/albums/ae31/lock2040/?action=view&current=IMG950501.jpg

[quote name="westend1" post="1021948" timestamp="1309563691"]
OK   I have a couple of friends with lighted piers on south Pleasure Island.  Next week, two lefties, me and Three Balls, take on Hippy and TVC for all the marbles.   Losers change parties.  Who is in?
[/quote]

But you will probably wait until the tide is coming from the left side of the piers.

I gave Pleasure Island a try Saturday morning. I only caught a couple and it heated up quick but still had a great time.

I tried some of those private piers. I told 'em I knew a couple of guys named three balls and TVC but got ran off anyway ;D

Fished the South Jetty wall Saturday night under lights.  Done pretty well considering the tide was not on our side but wanted to get out while we could anyway.  

Action was pretty good all night without much down time but not many keepers.  Ended up with a couple 20'' specs, half dozen or so reds, and over 30" black that gave my 6 year old son fits!!  LOL  it was fun to watch

[img]http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/270493_1440512349535_1734861441_689559_4603161_s.jpg[/img]

we chartered a boat out of destin today and limited on snapper.  we were dodging storms all day, but kept 22 snappers, with several in the 5-6 lb range.  we also caught a 10, a 12, and i caught my biggest ever, at 21 lbs.  we also caught 6 vermillion snapper, 4 trigger fish, one lesser amberjack, and a small grouper called a scamp.  we had a blast!

[quote name="mat" post="1024139" timestamp="1310523502"]
Sounds like a good trip. [size=10pt][b]Where's Destin?
[/b][/size]
You sure don't catch Trigger fish like used to.
[/quote]

Pensacola, Fort Walton area of Florida. The upper coast about half way down the panhandle.

• 2 weeks later...
OTB and my latest trip to the ship channel. Three of us caught 30 specks with the largest at 20.5". Most were in the 16"-18" range. This was just the 20 that OTB and I caught.

[IMG]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/tvc184/OUTDOORS/SPECKS7-22-11-2.jpg[/img]

[quote name="tvc184" post="1027276" timestamp="1311326949"]
OTB and my latest trip to the ship channel. Three of us caught 30 specks with the largest at 20.5". Most were in the 16"-18" range. This was just the 20 that OTB and I caught.

[IMG]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/tvc184/OUTDOORS/SPECKS7-22-11-2.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Nice!!!

[quote name="tvc184" post="1027276" timestamp="1311326949"]

[/quote]

Now your just braggin  ;D

Guys, I hear my Livingston job will be moving me back to Lumberton!!  I will be back to hang out and show you guys how to fish........or looks like 3 balls might show me how.......

[quote name="bullets13" post="1027547" timestamp="1311417927"]
i went out to the same place that tvc and i went last night, but fished it by boat this time with a buddy.  they weren't popping quite as hard, but we still managed 15 in about 4 hours.
[/quote]

I rode by and didnt see yall.  I rode out to the pier and watched them a few but very quiet and seemed only thing biting was mesquitos.  I came back north and hit a few of the lights on channel side and lake with only a few non keepers so I gave it up.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1027552" timestamp="1311422004"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=82035.msg1027547#msg1027547 date=1311417927]
i went out to the same place that tvc and i went last night, but fished it by boat this time with a buddy.  they weren't popping quite as hard, but we still managed 15 in about 4 hours.
[/quote]

I rode by and didnt see yall.  I rode out to the pier and watched them a few but very quiet and seemed only thing biting was mesquitos.  I came back north and hit a few of the lights on channel side and lake with only a few non keepers so I gave it up.
[/quote]

i only remember one boat going by.  we fished the two lighted shrimp boats from about 11-3.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012