Saltwater

vhs

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1014809" timestamp="1306581299"]
alright? liltex  jvc??  any good fishing going on around the PA area?
[/quote]

There must be if he is catching them in Keith Lake. About time too.........

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help you as I've never fished the area in question incl.Sabine Pass or the lake.Not that I wouldn't like to but having never wet a line there & I wish I knew a little about the area to go try sometime.Fish alot from Anahuac to H.Island/Bolivar.I have a generator w/2 1,000 watt stage floodlights give me a shout and we'll give it a try sometime.

[quote name="tvc184" post="1015624" timestamp="1306912841"]
[quote author=trece balas link=topic=82035.msg1015615#msg1015615 date=1306901764]
two of us limited out on nice specks in an hour and 20 minutes this evening on keith lake :)
[/quote]

I was available.  ???
[/quote]

i'll let my buddy know that i have someone willing to fill out the boat.  he called me at the last minute, so it was a spur of the moment thing.

But I made it today. I only fished about 2.5 hours and had to leave. We had 5 in the boat by then but Trece and his buddy are still out there. We had four specks (20, 18, 18, 15.5) and one redfish (27.5). Trece had two specks and the red and I got two specks.

Usually live shrimp is good no matter what else is happening if you can get them but certainly not a necessity. I catch a lot of fish every year and rarely use any live shrimp unless I just get lucky and catch a few in a cast net while going for shad. What are you fishing for though?

6-4-11 Rollover report-Low water,no tide movement,off color water=empty cooler even w/lights.Left @ 2:00 am drove to Ft.Anahuac park lighted pier,again real low water level and dead baitfish,flounder,rat reds,and others and a awful stinch.Went over to the Trinity river boat ramps there @ daybreak and the water was silver w/dead fish churned up by boats launching .Literally thousands of pinfish types lay all over the mud along the shores.I would not wanna be around after today.Guess the low tides,heat,lack of current,and a over population depleted the oxy levels.

[quote name="tvc184" post="1016403" timestamp="1307219203"]
Usually live shrimp is good no matter what else is happening if you can get them but certainly not a necessity. I catch a lot of fish every year and rarely use any live shrimp unless I just get lucky and catch a few in a cast net while going for shad. What are you fishing for though?
[/quote]

I was fishing for anything, but the current was too bad to fish. The current kept pushing the bait towards the bank. Caught a good amount of crabs though!

[quote name="liltex" post="1016561" timestamp="1307304723"]
6-4-11 Rollover report-Low water,no tide movement,off color water=empty cooler even w/lights.Left @ 2:00 am drove to Ft.Anahuac park lighted pier,again real low water level and dead baitfish,flounder,rat reds,and others and a awful stinch.Went over to the Trinity river boat ramps there @ daybreak and the water was silver w/dead fish churned up by boats launching .Literally thousands of pinfish types lay all over the mud along the shores.I would not wanna be around after today.Guess the low tides,heat,lack of current,and a over population depleted the oxy levels.
[/quote]

Same at Sabine.  Millions of dead shad along with a few bigger fish.  What I thought was whitecaps turned out to be dead fish near the Pleasure Island yacht club.  We caught several keepers and lots of undersized trout under the birds, but I have never seen so many dead bait fish.

To Cool fishing site posters say the same about east galv.bay to trinity bay and everywhere in between but have not seen nor heard of the Texas Parks & Wildlife dept.make a statement about the causes for all the dead fish lately or if it's safe to consume your catches from these areas.

Offshore Freeport report for sat.6-11 from 68 miles se from Quintana jetties.BH 89-2 and his boat w/4 aboard.Catches-1 150#bull shark-1 5'wahoo 37.8#-1 warsaw grouper 32#-2 aj's 22-30#-2 ling 22-28# 1-24# red snapper & 6 other red snapper 8-16#-2 kingfish 8-10#-a few chicken dolphin but the porpoises kept shutting down the fishing around the seaweed beds floating.We also got 100# mono leaders cut off after a brief tug o war at least 10 times.Our contractor size wheel barrow was heaping waiting for the filet table.You get a chance to go and share exp. for under $200 w/bait and rods/tackle furnished it's worth the great exp.Note: We saw 2 boat loads of brave or crazy fishermen out 68 mi.in no more than 19'bay boats w/single outboards and no cover top for shade.NOAA report said 5-10 se wind becoming calm w/1'seas and we had 10-15 all day w/3'swells close together.Man they never get it right but none the less a great trip for our party.

Offshore once again 6-15 on a 12 hr 60-80 mile trip w/galveston party boat the New Buccaneer.It was a windy day w/some swells to 6' & steady 5's.We made the best of it but w/a stiff current and 82 anglers aboard it was a tangled mess most of the day.Fish caught that were legal length about 30 snapper w/2 over 10# and the rest small.7 kingfish-2 over 20#-1 warsaw grouper 24#.Alot of lost fish that cut mono leaders.We moved locations about 5 times and could not find real good action @ any.We had plenty of tacos(breakfast) that more than a doz.folk spewed out for chum early ride out first 40 mi or so then winds decreased a little.It was a bust out there today ::) :o 8)

[quote name="liltex" post="1018749" timestamp="1308203261"]
Offshore once again 6-15 on a 12 hr 60-80 mile trip w/galveston party boat the New Buccaneer.It was a windy day w/some swells to 6' & steady 5's.We made the best of it but w/a stiff current and 82 anglers aboard it was a tangled mess most of the day.Fish caught that were legal length about 30 snapper w/2 over 10# and the rest small.7 kingfish-2 over 20#-1 warsaw grouper 24#.Alot of lost fish that cut mono leaders.We moved locations about 5 times and could not find real good action @ any.We had plenty of tacos(breakfast) that more than a doz.folk spewed out for chum early ride out first 40 mi or so then winds decreased a little.It was a bust out there today ::) :o 8)
[/quote]

They've been showing some good reports the last couple of weeks.

Has anyone been down to Seadrift lately?  I am making a trip down there next Thursday for some wading, chasing birds, and hitting the back lakes.  I'm not sure I can prep my tackle anymore than I have already but one things for sure.  I won't forget my reef boots and ray guards!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    lufunom123
    Newest Member
    lufunom123