Coach Williams on Sports Extra

Just watched Evadale's basketball coach, Laurence Williams on channel 6, Sports Extra. I believe I can speak for the Evadale community when I say that we are excited to have him at the head of our program. We have had some good coaches leading the program in the past each with their own strengths. Coach L as the guys call him is a real student of the game and he teaches that to his players.

Anyone who has seen the progress that the team has made since the beginning of the season can tell you that the players have bought into his system and he expects a great deal from the players on the floor. He has molded the Rebels into a very good team and while some on SETX would argue with that beig the only area team at the state tournament says that the accessment is deserved.

There is a fire in Coach L that can be seen during the game, but before and after he is all about the kids. He is an asset in the classroom at the high school and he always has time for the students. You will be hard pressed to find someone who is as likeable and approachable anywhere.

As the father of a player I would like to say thank you to Coach L and wish him and the Rebels two more victories this weekend. People have been selling this team short all season and all they keep doing is winning. So if we are making the trip back to Austin, why not go ahead and win the championshipand give the Rebels their second state championship and Coach L his first!

Good post.  I had my 2 sons play for him in Nederland.  I will always say the there has never been a coach that cared more about my sons as individuals outside of sports than he did and still does when he runs into them.  I wish him and Evadale nothing but success.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83