District Play

9Doggies

Heard this weekend from a Austin High School Dad that they were going to a different format for District play. They are going to a 3 game series were you play one team a week, they eliminated 1 pre-season tourney to cut the number of games down. This format has many options and i have been saying this for years.
1. You find out who is the best team in the district, not the team with the best arm.
2. #1 cannot throw twice at you in 1 season.
3. Kids that get no pitching time during the District will get time on the hill.
4. Gets your team ready for the playoffs since this is the format they play in.
All it would take is local Coaches getting together to agree on it. A Thursday, Friday, Saturday Series would be awesome.
Nederland Bulldogs can remember last year Cody and Kirby pitched just about all the games and Ryan got a Scholarship out of a 1 inning performance at a Central Game. Would be nice to see more kids on the mound getting experience and getting looks.

[b]A Thursday, Friday, Saturday Series would be awesome[/b]

And if it rains ????  This is Southeast Texas, if you don't like the weather wait 15 minutes ! I actually think the way the 5A district has done their district games was very good. Played everybody once then came back and played the same team twice in a week home and home. Played each team 3 times just not all in one week. I also think it is easier for districts with 6 teams compared to 8 team districts to be able to play each other three times.

Your glass is half empty, mine is half full. I'm about getting other kids playing time, your about the chance of rain. Somebody else is going to complain about Saturday games. Somebody else is just going to complain because thats what this board is all about. If you play a Tuesday and Friday Game against the same Team you could still see their #1 twice in a relief role, it has happen many times. Call Austin, Tx. up and tell them they need to change the playoff format cause it might rain.

I was told that playing each school in the same week (tues/fri) was presented to our 4A coaches for a vote and turned down.

That would be 21 district games for 20-4A 

The rules allow 17 and 3 tournaments, or 19 and 2 tournaments, or 21 and one tournament

So 20-4A would play 21 district games one tournament?

Bad idea! 

21 dist games and four in a tournament that is held the week before district so you probably want only 3.  24 games total.

As opposed to 14 district games and the other 3 allowed equals 17.  and three tournaments of four or five games totaling 14 is total of 31 games.

24 games to prepare for playoffs or 31 games to prepare for post season play.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder