Silsbee vs. Lumberton Boys Match Thread/Lumberton wins!/Comments

WOSgrad

Lumberton 4, Silsbee 2      FINAL
There were 4 Penalty Kicks, at least 6 yellows, 1 soft red, and 1 straight red.  Officiating was poor all around to say the least, and i never really complain about it, but there should have been 3 more reds.  Neither team gained much in preparation for future matches against better competition IMO.  Now this was the first time i've seen Silsbee play, so i dont know how they would grade their own performance in this match.  As for Lumberton, it was sloppy and very uncharacteristic of their talent.  The flow of the game was completely butchered by the amount of stoppages due to senseless fouls and foolishly immature outbursts.  Thank God noone was injured.  How, i have no idea!

Silsbee gave it hell. the ref was the same guy that officiated the game last year when Silsbee got into the fight. He called the game tight and the fact that the game was played one ref short didn't help matters. Im not saying that the officiating caused Silsbee to lose this game, but it sure didn't help them. Lumberton had 4 pks and silsbee was granted 1. Lumberton scored 2 goals off pks. Silsbee got one. Another of  lumberton's goals was scored off of a cross from the edge of the box to Lumberton's middle midfielder who headed it in. and another of Lumberton's goals was a freekick from straight on at the 18. Silsbee's other goal was about a 60 yard freekick. these goals were presented in no particular order.

[quote name="sharkfutbol" post="969426" timestamp="1298296666"]
So if I read this rite,  Lumberton missed two pks.  Is this true.  And how far was the Silsbee free kick that your saying is 60 yards.  That would be quite the free kick.   
[/quote]
The ball was placed about 3 feet in front of the mid pitch line which is the 50 yard line in football. the goal is at the back of the endzone, which is 10 yards long. so 60 was a guestimation. it was a really far kick no matter what the factual number of yards it was.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder