Who gets the 3rd & 4th spot in 20-4

Bobcat1

So now, I've become a MC hater?  Now, that's funny.  Why would I have a reason to hate on them?  I gave Nederland a hard time earlier in the season because they needed to prove to me that they were worthy of a state ranking.  The PN-G game was a 'single game' venting session.  Overall, I really have nothing against those teams.  I don't know why yall keep saying that...

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="959809" timestamp="1296668069"]
[quote author=team first link=topic=79672.msg959793#msg959793 date=1296667429]
actually he is rt. With png being two games up, all they have to do is win and they are in. (so he is rt)
And really when it comes down to it, if they beat lcm and vidor and lose the rest they will be in.
[/quote]

True, but against their final 4 opponents, PN-G went 1-3 the first time around.  Soulja is just trying to say that the 4th place spot is anything but wrapped up.

Someone with an apparent axe to grind is just trying to make more out of it than is really there.
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more, grad...couldn't agree more...whole lotta something made out of nothing.

Hang in there, soulja...lol!

PN-G is playing better than the other teams in the chase. My biggest concern w/them is: Where do they play LC-M (Home or away)? Makes a big difference. Both places have tough environments. Whoever has home court has the slight advantage in my opinion. If LC-M plays like they did against Central, and PN-G plays like they did against Nederland, then PN-G will easily take the 4th position. Heck, they even have a good chance to beat Ozen Friday since they have players sitting b/c of grades.

Looking at the final schedules for LCM, PNG, Livingston, and Vidor:

LCM:  @ Vidor; PNG; @ Livingston; Nederland
PNG:  Ozen; @ LCM; Vidor; @ Central
Livingston:  Lumberton; @ Ozen; LCM; @ Vidor
Vidor:  LCM; @ Central; @ PNG; Livingston

IMO Vidor is not going to make the playoffs but will spoil someone else getting to go since they play all three of the other teams in the hunt.  PNG and LCM  have the toughest schedules reamaining.  I think PNG will end up tied with LCM or Livingston for 4th.  I am not certain if the tie-breaker is head-to-head or if a play-in game will have to be played.  I know it used to be head-to-head in baseball but supposedly got changed to a play-in game regardless of head-to head.  Does anyone know for certain what it is for 20-4A basketball?

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="960496" timestamp="1296744571"]

IMO Vidor is not going to make the playoffs but will spoil someone else getting to go since they play all three of the other teams in the hunt.  PNG and LCM  have the toughest schedules reamaining.  I think PNG will end up tied with LCM or Livingston for 4th.  I am not certain if the tie-breaker is head-to-head or if a play-in game will have to be played.  I know it used to be head-to-head in baseball but supposedly got changed to a play-in game regardless of head-to head.  Does anyone know for certain what it is for 20-4A basketball?
[/quote]Probably a coin flip, but you never know.  The final game of district is on Feb. 15th, which is a Tuesday and playoffs start that following Fridday.  If each team agrees to play a tie breaker game in between Tuesday and Friday, I assume that it could go down if a neutral site is available...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="960506" timestamp="1296744889"]
[quote author=NHS83LU87 link=topic=79672.msg960496#msg960496 date=1296744571]

[/quote]Probably a coin flip, but you never know.  The final game of district is on Feb. 15th, which is a Tuesday and playoffs start that following Fridday.  If each team agrees to play a tie breaker game in between Tuesday and Friday, I assume that it could go down if a neutral site is available...
[/quote]
I hate coin-flips and head-to-head tie-breakers.  I always prefer it be decided on the court/field.  Alot of people say it should be head-to-head but so many variables can effect outcomes(i.e. players out sick; injuries; grades; etc...)  The team you have at playoff time should decide it.

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="960512" timestamp="1296745174"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=79672.msg960506#msg960506 date=1296744889]
[quote author=NHS83LU87 link=topic=79672.msg960496#msg960496 date=1296744571]

[/quote]
I hate coin-flips and head-to-head tie-breakers.  I always prefer it be decided on the court/field.  Alot of people say it should be head-to-head but so many variables can effect outcomes(i.e. players out sick; injuries; grades; etc...)  The team you have at playoff time should decide it.
[/quote]Yes, I know but you may want to think about if the players will be well rested for the first round playoff game that Friday.  You will play your season finaly Tuesday, and I assume you will play your tie breaker either Wed. or Thurs.  Then, you have to backdoor and start your first round playoff game Friday.  Will your boys have the energy come Friday?  I say in this senerio, just flip or go head to head.  Now, if teams had a bye, then that would be another story.  but big schools don't get a bye anymore...

Saturday made it very interestinfor the final three games.  PNG plays on the road for 2 of the games(LCM and Central) and home against Vidor; Vidor plays on the road(Central & PNG) and home against Livingston; Livingston plays on the road(Ozen & Vidor) and home against LCM; LCM has home(PNG & Nederland) road(Livingston). 

IMO 4th place is going to have a losing record:  PNG ends up 6-8; Vidor ends up 5-9; Livingston 5-9; LCM 4-10.  The key game to decide if Livingston ties PNG or not is their final game at Vidor.  I just think the road games will be losses for these teams. 

Central should win out and finishes 10-4 in 3rd;  Ozen wins at least 2 of 3 and finishes 11-3 in 2nd;  Nederland wins at least 2 of 3 and finishes at least 12-1 for 1st.  Key game Ozen at Nederland.  Nederland clinches at least a tie for first with a win @ Lumberton Tuesday. 

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="962313" timestamp="1297093382"]
Saturday made it very interestinfor the final three games.  PNG plays on the road for 2 of the games(LCM and Central) and home against Vidor; Vidor plays on the road(Central & PNG) and home against Livingston; Livingston plays on the road(Ozen & Vidor) and home against LCM; LCM has home(PNG & Nederland) road(Livingston). 

IMO 4th place is going to have a losing record:  PNG ends up 6-8; Vidor ends up 5-9; Livingston 5-9; LCM 4-10.  The key game to decide if Livingston ties PNG or not is their final game at Vidor.  I just think the road games will be losses for these teams. 

Central should win out and finishes 10-4 in 3rd;  Ozen wins at least 2 of 3 and finishes 11-3 in 2nd;  Nederland wins at least 2 of 3 and finishes at least 12-1 for 1st.  Key game Ozen at Nederland.  Nederland clinches at least a tie for first with a win @ Lumberton Tuesday. 
[/quote]This seems completely accurate...

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="962323" timestamp="1297094905"]
Been disappointing...............really thought that LCM would make the playoffs.  They have some good talent and a really good coach, but something is not working for them.  I WAS WRONG AND I ADMIT IT!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

If it makes you feel better, I thought they would be the 4th place team too...
;)

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="962355" timestamp="1297098532"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=79672.msg962323#msg962323 date=1297094905]
Been disappointing...............really thought that LCM would make the playoffs.  They have some good talent and a really good coach, but something is not working for them.  I WAS WRONG AND I ADMIT IT!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

;)
[/quote]
When I watched them against PNG, it looked as though once you shut down Hunter G. then you have a chance. I think most teams double him and make someone else step up. Just my observation and I think he's been hurt some this season which really hurts the Bears.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="962405" timestamp="1297104192"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=79672.msg962355#msg962355 date=1297098532]
[/quote]

;)
[/quote]
When I watched them against PNG, it looked as though once you shut down Hunter G. then you have a chance. I think most teams double him and make someone else step up. Just my observation and I think he's been hurt some this season which really hurts the Bears.
[/quote]

Is he back from the shoulder injury?  Good player!!

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="962409" timestamp="1297104607"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=79672.msg962405#msg962405 date=1297104192]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=79672.msg962355#msg962355 date=1297098532]
[/quote]

;)
[/quote]
[/quote]

Is he back from the shoulder injury?  Good player!!
[/quote]He's been back, but IMO havn't been productive enough...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124