BC 27 HF 7 Final/Comments

If Bridge City & Johnny Dishon aren't the definition of a one-man team' date=' I don't know what is. He played great, HF did what they could.

Congrats Cards.[/quote']

THANKS, 2. But alot of us fans see that as the whole problem - They should not be a one-man-team. You got JD in the backfield for alot of the 2nd half because Mills was apparently injured somehow - speculating, because he wasn't in on "O" or "D".

Great effort by your guys - They fought hard for 4 full quarters. Good luck next week.

Guest Football

Good win for the Cardinals.........I am rather proud of this Cardinal team. They really are in a rebuilding year and still are 6-3 on the year. They won't be making the playoffs' date=' but they sure have put forth a lot of effort this year.[/quote']

Not really a rebuilding year. Next year will be rebuilding with only 2 starters returning.... this year, the guys fought hard, just didn't pull out the win in the Kirbyville game.

People call it a rebuilding year for BC because MOST of the seniors that are on this team played on JV last year because last year's Varsity team had SO many seniors on it........not enough room for too many juniors. It was Most of this year's seniors first year to play Varsity.

Next year, the Varsity team will be loaded with Juniors.

Not making excuses......I think we have had a good season. They have all worked very hard.

Birdman.......Mills got a bad thigh bruise? last night........why he came out of the game.

I actually think Bridge City will have a better overall team next year. The JV is rocking and those kids will only get bigger in a year. Dishon will be sorely missed but I think BC will be in good shape for about the next couple of years. I really didn't think BC would do as well as they have this year so my hat is off to them.

Knowing quiet a few of the seniors personally, and knowing what kind of athletes and competitors they are, I am a little disappointed in the outcome of the season. I know, as a collective group, they are better than their record and scores indicates. I just don't really feel like they have put together a complete game all year.

I'm not being hard on the guys; quiet the contrary. I BELEIVE in them and their ability, but haven't seen it all displayed for a full 4 quarters this season, for whatever reason, and THAT is where my disappointment lies. They have one more shot at proving their potential, and I hope they make the most of it.

If Bridge City & Johnny Dishon aren't the definition of a one-man team' date=' I don't know what is. He played great, HF did what they could.

Congrats Cards.[/quote']

The initial drive and score of the game came solely from running back Cody Mills. The only reason why you didn't get a lot more of him was because he was injured for the second half. But tell yourself whatever you need to. HF defense turned out to be hype. That's about it.

Where's all the HF smack-talkers??

EDBLU - "HF 2-headed QB will throw two TD's: HF revamped offense will have big plays & will break the 20 point mark for the first time this year: Going to feel great driving back to Hamshire."

TELL ME JUST HOW GOOD IT FELT TO DRIVE BACK TO HAMSHIRE WITH YOUR FOOT IN YOUR THROAT, BIG BOY? TELL ME ABOUT THOSE BIG PLAYS YOUR OFFENSE WAS SUPPOSED TO MAKE, AND ABOUT THAT TWO-HEADED QB!!!! He could have had five heads, and the end would have been the same. HF offense was completely dominated by BC defense. IF YOU'RE GOING TO TALK THE PRE-GAME SMACK, THEN PONY-UP FOR POST GAME MEDICINE, BIG BOY! :lol::lol::lol:

HORNDAWG - "defense has allowed no team other than WOS to score more than 13 points; home cooking; superintendant ref the game; ...panties in a knot?

WHOSE PANTIES ARE IN A KNOT NOW, LITTLE MAN? :lol::lol: I DIDN'T SEE THE SUPER REFEREEING THE GAME, EITHER. JUST SAW HF GETTING IT TOOK TO THEM. LAST I CHECKED 27 IS MORE THAN 13. :lol::lol:

Where are the two of you today? Come on, give us your post game review, ladies. :cry:

To all the rest of HF fans, the Horns played hard and displayed some good talent. I have heard that the team has overcome significant obstacles this year, and I wish you guys the best of luck in getting back on track.

To HORNDAWG AND EDBLU:

:wink: Need to get the repairman out to look at that crystal ball. :lol::lol:

To Inside Card-

Not much to say. We lost! again! BC is better than us. Our offense had only one drive for a td and it got called back on a penalty. Defense was surprisingly like a sieve . The 2QB's-11 made a few plays. #2 made zero plays at QB and Zrec. The coach didn't use #2 as early as last week. Maybe he could have made a few plays in the first half to give us a spark. But it was only 14-7 at halftime. He runs most of the time so by 20-7 when he got in it was too late. Our QB situation will have to improve greatly between now and next season. That position has been problematic at HF for years! Good win by BC!

Maybe the coaches need to move #2 to RB if he is such a great athlete! like Central did on Friday. Then they won't have to wonder if #11 will pitch or throw it to him he'll have to hand it off.

I don't think I've ever been at a varsity game with 0 passing yards by either teams!

Is the season over? We still got to play Kirbyville? :shock:

Come on baseball season! Oh you guys will probably beat us in that too :cry:

Are you guys going to the playoffs :?: :lol:

Where's all the HF smack-talkers??

EDBLU - "HF 2-headed QB will throw two TD's: HF revamped offense will have big plays & will break the 20 point mark for the first time this year: Going to feel great driving back to Hamshire."

TELL ME JUST HOW GOOD IT FELT TO DRIVE BACK TO HAMSHIRE WITH YOUR FOOT IN YOUR THROAT' date=' BIG BOY? TELL ME ABOUT THOSE BIG PLAYS YOUR OFFENSE WAS SUPPOSED TO MAKE, AND ABOUT THAT TWO-HEADED QB!!!! He could have had five heads, and the end would have been the same. HF offense was completely dominated by BC defense. IF YOU'RE GOING TO TALK THE PRE-GAME SMACK, THEN PONY-UP FOR POST GAME MEDICINE, BIG BOY! :lol::lol::lol:

HORNDAWG - "defense has allowed no team other than WOS to score more than 13 points; home cooking; superintendant ref the game; ...panties in a knot?

WHOSE PANTIES ARE IN A KNOT NOW, LITTLE MAN? :lol::lol: I DIDN'T SEE THE SUPER REFEREEING THE GAME, EITHER. JUST SAW HF GETTING IT TOOK TO THEM. LAST I CHECKED 27 IS MORE THAN 13. :lol::lol:

Where are the two of you today? Come on, give us your post game review, ladies. :cry:

To all the rest of HF fans, the Horns played hard and displayed some good talent. I have heard that the team has overcome significant obstacles this year, and I wish you guys the best of luck in getting back on track.

To HORNDAWG AND EDBLU:

:wink: Need to get the repairman out to look at that crystal ball. :lol::lol:[/quote']

I think somebody is a little too bit excited.

I think somebody is a little too bit excited.

Thanks for sharing :roll:

I think somebody completely underestimated the Cardinals. :shock:

I think somebody should rein in their pre-game rhetoric if they aren't prepared for the post-game reality. :D

Like I said, if you're going to talk that pre-game smack, then pony up when the final score hits the board. :wink:

By the way, you guys have fun with Kville 8)

The 2QB's-11 made a few plays. #2 made zero plays at QB and Zrec. The coach didn't use #2 as early as last week. Maybe he could have made a few plays in the first half to give us a spark. But it was only 14-7 at halftime. He runs most of the time so by 20-7 when he got in it was too late. Our QB situation will have to improve greatly between now and next season. That position has been problematic at HF for years! Good win by BC!

Maybe the coaches need to move #2 to RB if he is such a great athlete! like Central did on Friday. Then they won't have to wonder if #11 will pitch or throw it to him he'll have to hand it off.

I don't think I've ever been at a varsity game with 0 passing yards by either teams!

Are you guys going to the playoffs :?: :lol:

Your #11 looked better than your #2. No. 2 looked like he was timid. Not too big, either.

The passing game went to @#$% after the interception in the first qtr. Didn't need it after that, but I would have liked to see some, too.

And if you guys do your part (beat Kville), we'll try to do ours at WOS!! :lol::lol:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder